"guest' rank

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago #43437 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: "guest' rank

shaunk wrote: without demeaning the ranks and i respect those of high rank shouldn't it be more about the experience gained the rushing thru the ranks, secondly as i read somewhere ranks are a possession and jedi shouldnt get too attached to possessions as they lead to unwanted emotions??

Correct, I am in charge, currently of changing ranks.... Before, it was done in a very hodgepodge fashion....

Here and there...whenever it was brought to a seniors attention....

I am in the process of changing the new folk, and going back, reading applications, double checking Oaths, etc...

I got a spreadsheet, and everything....:woohoo:

After I get 5 new applications, I check 5 new and 5 old members for proper criteria....

Here is how ranks currently work:

Guest = site only
Guest = training only, no oath/no app
Member = oath/app
Novice = oath/app/in training
Initiate = oath/app/training complete
Apprentice = oath/app/found Master
Knight= oath/app/council approval
Senior Knight = oath/app/own apprentice
Master = oath/app/based on merit/council approval
Grand Master = oath/app/based on merit/council approval
Cardinal= oath/app/based on merit/seat open/council approval

I hope that helps....

Yes, shaunk, you are correct about ranks...

The newest Newb may be further on their path than I am on mine, but whose to say?

The ranks are so people know where a person is in our hierarchy here ati TOTJO....

I learn from people's journal entries all the time...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #43447 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: "guest' rank
Many forums use the term member for a person who registers. We call a person who registers a Guest. Guests are welcome to train and keep a journal and be known only by their user name. We can't grant a degree or rank to an anonymous person but such an one can nonetheless take advantage of our training and materials. As we are a non-profit member corporation and a church (yes we're a temple, church is a legal term) one becomes a member of Temple Of The Jedi Order by posting The Oath and submitting a True Jedi Application.

If a person lies on the Jedi Application it's Void.

To avoid confusion one person sets the rank statuses. It must be done manually. Unless you've actually completed a few lessons don't expect to see a rank change just because you've announced your're going to begin training. If you have posted responses to several lessons and you see your status has not changed then you may PM Master Jestor. For PM purposes you'll only put Jestor in the send to line.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43449 by
Replied by on topic Re: "guest' rank
While it is true that a Jedi should not become too attached to any possession or thing, it is my current understanding that this refers to an unhealthy attachment. That is to say, a Jedi should never become so attached to something that he/she could not stand to lose it. That being said, my rank isn't of GREAT concern to me, however, if it is not recorded that I'm completing the initiates training, or that I completed my oaths, then I cannot be considered for apprenticeship. Something I hope to achieve to further my knowledge.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43450 by
Replied by on topic Re: "guest' rank
Thank you Br. John and Jestor. As it stands I have completed my oaths and my True Jedi Application (I think, I completed all of those more than a year ago). I have also completed all of the Joseph Campbell lectures and posted them in my journal. From what I can tell, my long periods of absence have made it so that Jestor simply hasn't gotten to me yet. I'm fine with it, I only hope to be notified if there is a problem with my official application, oaths, etc.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago #43451 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: "guest' rank
You have now been changed....

New folks are being done now....

I do contact if there is an issue....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi