Help

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #39716 by
Help was created by
I'm a Compulsive liar and I need help to overcome this problem as it is destroying my life. :blush: :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #39721 by
Replied by on topic Re: Help
Everyone feels the need to lie sometimes. In fact sometimes it can actually be a good thing.

If you were an atheist would you not lie to your mother on her deathbed and say 'This is not the end don't worry, we'll see each other again.' Watch the film 'The Invention of Lying' for reasons why lying isn't always so bad.

But it seems as you said that you have a greater problem than that.

Compulsive lying is not a good position to be in.

So, first things first. What do you lie about? How often do you lie? What causes you to lie?

And once you've thought about those, try and think to yourself, 'Why do I lie?'

You've taken the first step in healing yourself. Recognising the problem is the first step in healing it!

If you feel you'd rather do this via PM and not so publicly then feel free to do so. Opening your heart to everyone can be daunting and it's better to solve the problem than force it into the open.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by .

More
12 years 9 months ago #39722 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re: Help
I used to lie alot when I was little, that's why I never got in trouble! But one thing that I realized is that it makes you feel like you can do anything, which is a dangerous state of mind. I thought I could do whatever I wanted because then I would just lie about it. And while you may never get caught, it's neither honorable to lie nor is it really fair to yourself; aside from neccessary circumstances, lies can be degrading. Lying sometimes is alright, but it's not ALWAYS neccessary or okay. Just try to make a distinction between a necessary and an unnecessary fabrication.

Good luck!

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #39730 by
Replied by on topic Re: Help
Well, at least your're not a compulsive gambler, are you?

Try to associate lying with something you dislike, then it will be the first thing you think of when you're about to lie.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi