Formal Request

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #341899 by
Replied by on topic Formal Request

Gisteron wrote:

Arinme wrote: I believe the Order has a sickness. Now we need to develop a treatment plan.

Pardon me, I must have missed the part where you declared what exactly qualifies you to make that diagnosis.

If the Force is with me, I may be the person with the means to develop that plan.

What you think the Force does to you has nothing to do with what you may or may not do on the Temple's behalf. I recall no vote by which you were elected to develop any kind of "treatment plan" for whatever unnamed "sickness" you diagnosed. Maybe I'm merely misinformed and you are indeed charged with cleansing this place of the undesirables, of course. In that case, forgive me, oh Grand Inquisitor, for I can only operate on what little information is at my avail...

Trust your instincts. Those who need to know have already been informed. I'm sure by now you can sense the urgency of this matter. This is not an illusion, or a trick of the mind. Anyone who needed to know my true reason for being here has been informed through the Force.

Those are my qualifications.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341902 by

Arinme wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

Arinme wrote: I believe the Order has a sickness. Now we need to develop a treatment plan.

Pardon me, I must have missed the part where you declared what exactly qualifies you to make that diagnosis.

If the Force is with me, I may be the person with the means to develop that plan.

What you think the Force does to you has nothing to do with what you may or may not do on the Temple's behalf. I recall no vote by which you were elected to develop any kind of "treatment plan" for whatever unnamed "sickness" you diagnosed. Maybe I'm merely misinformed and you are indeed charged with cleansing this place of the undesirables, of course. In that case, forgive me, oh Grand Inquisitor, for I can only operate on what little information is at my avail...

Trust your instincts. Those who need to know have already been informed. I'm sure by now you can sense the urgency of this matter. This is not an illusion, or a trick of the mind. Anyone who needed to know my true reason for being here has been informed through the Force.

Definately a troll!!!

https://youtu.be/R5kPUFxXYLs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341907 by

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

Definately a troll!!!

Trust your instincts, friends.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341909 by

Arinme wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Arinme wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

Definately a troll!!!

Trust your instincts, friends.

Definately!

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #341916 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Formal Request

ZealotX wrote: There should be a serious rule in the forum, that you must make at least 3 on-topic posts in a thread before you start crying bloody murder on someone else in that thread. And then after that, whoever took the first shot should be given a strike or whatever towards disciplinary action. Because I can understand if a person is trying to be part of the discussion, but if not... then I don't feel like they have enough "standing" to claim any kind of harm.

Hmm, yes, a most understandable suggestion. Might I propose an alternative, though? How about this: Everybody be free and welcome to say what they have to say on what ever thread without any kind of test or threshold of how much stake they had better have before so doing. Maybe that's a bit too radical, a bit too liberal, one dare say. Still, I believe some of our time might be well spent considering it, if only to formulate why it is we'd rather forfeit such silly sensibilities, in favour of... literally no gain whatsoever.

Arinme wrote: Trust your instincts. Those who need to know have already been informed. I'm sure by now you can sense the urgency of this matter. This is not an illusion, or a trick of the mind. Anyone who needed to know my true reason for being here has been informed through the Force.

Oh, so none at all, then. I see. Well, then, carry on...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #341939 by

Gisteron wrote:

ZealotX wrote: There should be a serious rule in the forum, that you must make at least 3 on-topic posts in a thread before you start crying bloody murder on someone else in that thread. And then after that, whoever took the first shot should be given a strike or whatever towards disciplinary action. Because I can understand if a person is trying to be part of the discussion, but if not... then I don't feel like they have enough "standing" to claim any kind of harm.

Hmm, yes, a most understandable suggestion. Might I propose an alternative, though? How about this: Everybody be free and welcome to say what they have to say on what ever thread without any kind of test or threshold of how much stake they had better have before so doing. Maybe that's a bit too radical, a bit too liberal, one dare say. Still, I believe some of our time might be well spent considering it, if only to formulate why it is we'd rather forfeit such silly sensibilities, in favour of... literally no gain whatsoever.

Arinme wrote: Trust your instincts. Those who need to know have already been informed. I'm sure by now you can sense the urgency of this matter. This is not an illusion, or a trick of the mind. Anyone who needed to know my true reason for being here has been informed through the Force.

Oh, so none at all, then. I see. Well, then, carry on...

You do not trust in the Force yet. There is nothing that I can teach you. I am merely here to share insights that I have gained as an Independent over the years, to improve the well-being of everyone here, and to ensure that fellowship bonds remain strong.

Have faith, Jedi.

More
4 years 8 months ago #342006 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Formal Request

Gisteron wrote:

Hmm, yes, a most understandable suggestion. Might I propose an alternative, though? How about this: Everybody be free and welcome to say what they have to say on what ever thread without any kind of test or threshold of how much stake they had better have before so doing. Maybe that's a bit too radical, a bit too liberal, one dare say. Still, I believe some of our time might be well spent considering it, if only to formulate why it is we'd rather forfeit such silly sensibilities, in favour of... literally no gain whatsoever..

as long as what they're saying is about the topic or whatever idea or thing brought up in that discussion. But I don't think someone should just be free to troll people. I think that would set a dangerous precedent. Trolls get off on causing havoc on a site. The more you let them run wild the more likely they or their friends will come back. A troll should never be treated as a real poster. I'm not saying any person in particular is definitely a troll, but trolling itself shouldn't be tolerated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos

More
4 years 8 months ago #342007 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Formal Request

Arinme wrote: You do not trust in the Force yet. There is nothing that I can teach you. I am merely here to share insights that I have gained as an Independent over the years, to improve the well-being of everyone here, and to ensure that fellowship bonds remain strong.

Have faith, Jedi.

And how does one get to say this after threatening the temple's tax exempt status and running a campaign to get someone banned? How is that trusting in "The Force"?

side note: Do we listen to anyone who mumbles altruisms out of one side of their mouth? But I get it. This is a different thread. In the other thread Arinme started on offense and in this one she made herself look more innocent. Compartmentalize... got it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #342012 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Formal Request
My post may have sounded somewhat sarcastic when ever I said that I understood your suggestion, but there is a kernel of sincerity to it, too. I really do get where it is coming from. However, I think that having it an actual "serious rule" that one had to prove some kind of stake or investment in a thread in order to legitimately post to it is far more dangerous as a solution than the problem would be if left untreated. Trolls that are obvious quickly are easy to not feed, if one so chooses. Trolls that are not as obvious may contribute to a discussion even if that is not what they intend. But a troll will not be dissuaded by a stipulation like that, nor will the process of defusing them get any swifter for it. The only people potentially punished in some meaningful sense by a serious rule like that are the genuine users.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi