My avatar

More
6 years 7 months ago #300371 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic My avatar
Ok fine sure works for me. But John I really wish you would have given a more formal heads up on this for us. Outside of that folks lets just drop it we got an answer and while it might not be one we like it is a valid one I suppose. Its not a hill to die on or anything to lose our heads over its an annoyance and not much more.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300372 by
Replied by on topic My avatar

Senan wrote: These are all fair questions and I will try to get answers posted for all to see when I am completely clear. It will get added to the Terms and Conditions.

While this is a sensitive issue because of the personal nature of avatars, it is still something that falls under system admin concerning the function and appearance of the site. It is no different than signatures, except that this was not publicly announced beforehand as it should have been.

As this is implemented, please remember that we are all being watched and judged by our reactions. Emotion is expected, but we need to remain respectful of each other and patient. If there is one thing I learned from last time around, it was that all of us moved too quickly without considering the impact of our actions. Let's not do that again.

Are you serious!!?? Come on man, I never pegged you as one that would drink the Coolaid. I'm disapointed.

More
6 years 7 months ago #300381 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic My avatar
As another who was affected by this, I agree with MadHatter. Let's not turn this into a repeat of last time. Time to let the matter drop.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300396 by
I am sorry that you feel threatened by my use of a white avatar. But, you're the boss. So, I'll just leave it as the default. Kinda matches my hair color and style, actually.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300404 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Senan wrote: These are all fair questions and I will try to get answers posted for all to see when I am completely clear. It will get added to the Terms and Conditions.

While this is a sensitive issue because of the personal nature of avatars, it is still something that falls under system admin concerning the function and appearance of the site. It is no different than signatures, except that this was not publicly announced beforehand as it should have been.

As this is implemented, please remember that we are all being watched and judged by our reactions. Emotion is expected, but we need to remain respectful of each other and patient. If there is one thing I learned from last time around, it was that all of us moved too quickly without considering the impact of our actions. Let's not do that again.

Are you serious!!?? Come on man, I never pegged you as one that would drink the Coolaid. I'm disapointed.

I am entirely serious and I'm not drinking Kool-Aid either. I am as aware as anyone that this situation is unorthodox and not being handled the best way, but I am also here every day trying to ensure that this is a peaceful home for those who consider it an escape from the usual crap of life. This Temple is sacred space to many here, and I'm not willing to accept a public pissing contest over pictures because I have bigger priorities. I am a Knight, and that stands for something. I believe in our Doctrine and I try to follow it. I am trying to make this place better by working on the inside with the people running it. It is easy to criticize from the outside. Much harder to actually effect change from within.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300408 by
It's almost as if both sides have nothing better to do than this, over and over and over.

Time to get out of the house for a while, guys.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #300410 by
Let's take a breather for a bit. This thread has run its course. I'm going to lock it for the weekend until Councillors are back to address it properly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301136 by
I'm still here waiting for an answer as to why this affected only people that have were active in the last week before this policy was rushed through. There are still people around that have whiteout avatars, and if this was a program or whatever going through and changing avatars, this would not be the case.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301138 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic My avatar

Senan wrote: Let's take a breather for a bit. This thread has run its course. I'm going to lock it for the weekend until Councillors are back to address it properly.

Thank you Senan, I know you are working on it and appreciate it. Now to me personally its just a little picture we add meaning to to represent us in a a place we find sacred to us. Having taken part in the original white out I would have found this annoying (just by principle) indeed, so we have one answer thus far. I would say let's move on, however, I stand with Arisaig here, there at least one deserves to be have an answer with some haste.
After that is provided, I respectfully request all parties involved to drop it. I am not here meaning to insult, but it's kinda dumb guys, something we are some what attached to has been violated, on that note the principle of it is bothersome indeed, however, there are bigger fish to fry; and much more gregarious violations of what should be our principles that happen all the time that we should really be trying to look for and eliminate at this time.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 7 months ago #301146 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic My avatar

Kobos wrote: I am not here meaning to insult, but it's kinda dumb guys, something we are some what attached to has been violated, on that note the principle of it is bothersome indeed, however, there are bigger fish to fry; and much more gregarious violations of what should be our principles that happen all the time that we should really be trying to look for and eliminate at this time.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

I hope you don't think that's what motivated the initial protest, something as simple as an avatar change....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi