What's going on?

More
6 years 9 months ago #291803 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic What's going on?

JamesSand wrote: I don't want to be one of those wishy-washy people, but let's not get dramatic about things just because it's a quiet week and we have not had an extremist member to "gang up" on and make us all feel together-y against a common "enemy"

Ah man! Now why do you have to use sarcasm and humor to take the edge off and offer some perspective?

Thank you :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291829 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic What's going on?

Rosalyn J wrote: I can't give you answers because I don't have them, but I can offer a listening ear if you are concerned, afraid, unsure of your own next steps. Here if you need.

Ros

Please pay attention if you are in a position of authority within this Temple, THIS is how you answer questions regarding the concerns of our members and guests...

Regardless if you have the answers or not, please show some empathy or compassion in replying...

The dismissing of people's concerns really needs to stop altogether....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, Avalon

More
6 years 9 months ago #291832 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic What's going on?
As I stated in my announcement, “I have reached the point where I am no longer aligned with the objectives, values and direction of TOTJO's governance or members of her governing body.”

Did my path change? Did theirs? Did I just notice something I was blind to before?

Who knows?

IF that doesn’t fairly enough settle the question, anyone is free to PM me and ask. I will reply as diplomatically as possible and try to satisfactorily address any concerns or inquiries.

But I can only speak for myself.

Thank you :)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, Zenchi

More
6 years 9 months ago #291834 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic What's going on?

Zenchi wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: I can't give you answers because I don't have them, but I can offer a listening ear if you are concerned, afraid, unsure of your own next steps. Here if you need.

Ros

Please pay attention if you are in a position of authority within this Temple, THIS is how you answer questions regarding the concerns of our members and guests...

Regardless if you have the answers or not, please show some empathy or compassion in replying...

The dismissing of people's concerns really needs to stop altogether....

Thank you Zenchi. *bows*

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291840 by
Replied by on topic What's going on?
But still, no one has answered the question, (or attempted to answer the question) as to what those "objectives, values and direction of TOTJO's governance" are??

Maybe this cant be answered either? If not, does that become a cause for concern?
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291845 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: But still, no one has answered the question, (or attempted to answer the question) as to what those "objectives, values and direction of TOTJO's governance" are??

Maybe this cant be answered either? If not, does that become a cause for concern?

I can empathize with the desire to understand what this may mean for the continued functioning of the Temple. But the only person who can explain what Wes meant by that is Wes, and if he chooses not to get into detail, that is his prerogative. I can think of half a dozen legitimate reasons why he may want to exercise discretion and not say further. Speaking only for myself, it matters less why X happened than what we take away from X going forward.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291846 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: But still, no one has answered the question, (or attempted to answer the question) as to what those "objectives, values and direction of TOTJO's governance" are??

I believe these are the conversations we are currently having right now. The Clergy is discussing naming conventions and organization of rank, the Knights have asked for more transparency and are currently nominating representatives to Council. Apprentices are being asked for input as well. Forums are being added and new lessons are being worked on for the IP. A Confidant Session Form is being created so that our Clergy can better assist members in crisis. Work is being done.

The conversations are taking place and progress is being made. It just takes a little time. As they continue, we will see a more concrete view of the objectives and direction of the Temple. As for the values, we have a Doctrine for that.

I hope this helps alleviate some of the concerns, but honestly, I think that is part of the issue with Councillors stepping back. No answer seems to be good enough and it is probably exhausting trying to constantly defend yourself.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi