What's going on?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291710 by
Replied by on topic What's going on?

Manu wrote:

Senan wrote: Before we start speculating or gossiping about the motivations of others, let's remember to respect those individuals who are making tough decisions and have served this Temple well. It would not be right for any of us to demand answers other than what has already been presented by those involved in their own words. If you are curious, PM those individuals and perhaps they will elaborate. Or they won't. That is their choice, and we need to respect that.

Our business should now be to find the best path forward for the Temple as a whole and focus on tasks that need to be completed in order to maintain continuity. Let's step up and offer to help where we can rather than complaining about the past or questioning other's motives.

Please remember that not everyone here is familiar with all of the inner workings or past politics and decisions here. New members come here with a sense of hope and a desire to learn. Let's not squash that with negativity. Instead, let's serve them as we were served by others when we first arrived.

So the TL;DR answer to my question is: NO.

The answer is that it is not our answer to give you. Ask Wes or Brenna or whomever else you want the answers from rather than making a public discussion out of personal decisions. Br. John has elaborated on some changes in the works and he has been open to communicating about policy and procedure, just not about people. Let's focus on the work, not just who is or isn't doing it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291711 by
Replied by on topic What's going on?
It's fair to want a single, straightforward answer to this question, but not to expect one, or criticise others for not being able to give one.

This stuff is happening for all sorts of different reasons and I doubt any single person can tell you why it's all happening.

The implied question seems to be "Is this all happening for one reason?" and the answer to that from my perspective is a resounding no.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #291713 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic What's going on?

Senan wrote: The answer is that it is not our answer to give you. Ask Wes or Brenna or whomever else you want the answers from rather than making a public discussion out of personal decisions.

It is not my business the exact reasons why Wes or Brenna stepped down. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly), that there was something going on behind closed doors that might have served as a catalyst for their decision, which, by the way, is implied in their posts by people other than THEM that they don't like the direction leadership is taking. This does not describe an exception, it describes a trend.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
6 years 8 months ago #291715 by Manu

tzb wrote: The implied question seems to be "Is this all happening for one reason?" and the answer to that is a resounding no.

Fair enough.

- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291716 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic What's going on?

tzb wrote: The implied question seems to be "Is this all happening for one reason?" and the answer to that is a resounding no.

I think the fairer question is "What are the current objectives, values and direction of TOTJO?", given the nature of the wording of some recent posts. That's a question that requires no delving into personal reasons, and gets us farther in the long run.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, ,

More
6 years 8 months ago #291728 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic What's going on?
I can't give you answers because I don't have them, but I can offer a listening ear if you are concerned, afraid, unsure of your own next steps. Here if you need.

Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, , Zenchi

More
6 years 8 months ago #291731 by Manu

Rosalyn J wrote: I can't give you answers because I don't have them, but I can offer a listening ear if you are concerned, afraid, unsure of your own next steps. Here if you need.

Ros

Thank you Ros :)

- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291742 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What's going on?
Not sure that there is a single reason. They seem to be individual decisions, for their own reasons, though of course all things are connected in various ways so often elements will be shared - but that level of detail if it exists would really only be know by the person making the decision and therefore up to them to realize and reveal if they wanted to. Otherwise all we've got is the words they choose.

If I was to ruminate and wax on about the broader topic, why does anyone do anything.... energy expenditure versus time availability must play a factor, and what exertion in a group relates to in that might be a balance of trust and intention. If someone doesn't have trust in their team then it becomes too large an effort to understand intention, or if someone doesn't share the same intentions then it would be a constant effort through struggle and conflict. Change management is a discipline all of its own within management because it is so demanding on resources compared to routine operations which can focus on refining best practise instead. Change incurs all sorts of testing and evaluation, realignment of human capital etc etc but change is way of life. Its just demanding on resources if those resources aren't designed for it. Not to suggest that is related to peoples decision here. But we do gotta try and support each other through change, and find the positive and constructive opportunities it may bring. Its too easy to give into fear and see the negatives. Oh good, the coffee is wearing off :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 8 months ago #291747 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic What's going on?

Manu wrote: It appears I am requesting privileged information. If that is the case, then it's ok.

Transparency is not a bad thing in a church that risks appearing as a cult to new members. It is at least a recommendation to keep in mind. Trust people (regardless of rank) with issues and they will positively surprise you.

It's called empowerment.

It's not privileged except in the sense of plain good manners. Any officer is free to make any statement or answer any questions about their personal decisions. It's their choice. Not mine and not The Council's to speak for them. I can say their conduct and work was exemplary. It was their personal decision to resign.

If anyone is interested in a cult I recommend The Blue Oyster Cult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4HA3vUv2c

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

More
6 years 8 months ago #291753 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic What's going on?
I'm not at all pleased with these reasonable answers.

I demand a dramatic schism! apostasy! brutal warfare between competing branches of an otherwise identical faith!

I have nothing useful to contribute - I really have no idea what the grand political/tribal goings-on of TotJO are - and that suits me fine. I come here for the cool Jedi, the IP, and annoying the Knights.

I'm not even really sure what TotJO's "Mission Statement" is, so I couldn't even begin to guess what the issues are that divide the "Upper Class" of our pseudo-society.

I don't want to be one of those wishy-washy people, but let's not get dramatic about things just because it's a quiet week and we have not had an extremist member to "gang up" on and make us all feel together-y against a common "enemy"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi