Help with eulogy for a Jedi funeral

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289760 by
Our dear angel Taffy will be put to sleep today, and we want some appropriate words to send her off. Hy husband remembers reading something fitting (He thought it was in Inferno) about sending off a loved one to join back to the Force and lead the way for those left behind, but we can't find the quote anywhere now. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #289761 by Wescli Wardest
A couple I have used before...

• For the soul that has departed out of this world and rejoin that from which we all come may you rest in peace as you have again become one with the Force. May the Force strengthen and support us all the day long even after life is over and our work is done. May the Force welcome and grant safe lodging and a pure peace at last. May the Force comfort us all in the knowledge and sure confidence of its care and keep us in spiritual peace and safety.

• When a soul has departed from this world and rejoins that from which we all come; may he/she be wrapped in the arms of peace as she has become one with the Force.

The Force strengthens and supports us even after this life has passed and our work is done. May he/she be granted safe lodging and the purest bliss and may the Force comfort us all in the knowledge and sure confidence of its care in keeping us in spiritual peace and safety.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, , Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289762 by
Thank you for the words.

More
6 years 8 months ago #289763 by Nakis
I am most sorry for your loss, I feel sympathy as I must put down three of my pet rats soon. I do not know if this helps much, but I made this for you. I am not clergy, but I like to think this might help some, if there are certain parts you like to make something yourself.

"Our loved ones are our loved ones, regardless of their colour, race, gender, religion, or even species. Our beloved Taffy was family to us as we were family to her, and we grieve as she was one of our own. We enter this world and oftentimes we only see the bad, the painful, the suffering that we all go through and it is a burden upon us all, but Taffy helped bring us to the light and joy that is life. We are, as they say, luminous beings in crude matter, and Taffy was the perfect example, a boundless spirit who brought happiness and unconditional love to us but now the crude matter has failed her glorious spirit.

The body of Taffy has passed on, but Taffy herself has not, she rejoins the Force, the unifying presence which we all come from, listen to, and work within and because of Taffy the Force will be that much brighter. We often say that the person who passes never truly dies so long as we remember them, that they live on inside of us. Taffy will certainly live on for the warmth and joy she left on our hearts, because even though she was a beloved pet, she was a loved family member who has helped shape our lives. Taffy is no longer bound to this world full of pain, but now runs in peace. May the Force be with us, as she is with the Force."

May the Force be with you in your time of sorrow.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289764 by
Thank you so much for your works and kindness.

More
6 years 8 months ago #289766 by Kobos
I cannot really add to what the others said but you have my thoughts my the force be with you in this time friend.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public