Request for a Mature forum

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278299 by
Replied by on topic Request for a Mature forum
In my experience with forums adding a mature area will only lead to people lying about their age and getting in even if they're under the age of majority.

A Jedi chooses his/her words carefully. This, I feel, should be doubly true for public posts and threads. We must maintain an appearance of blamelessness.

The way I see it, this whole issue can be resolved by creating a massage thread with only members you wish to discuss this with, people you know that will handle what you're posting in a mature and professional manner.

A mature thread will fix nothing, just have people lying about their ages, which would cause widespread issues here. For now I hope the Force is with those whom have to make the final decision on this matter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278305 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Request for a Mature forum
I wanted to thank everyone for their input, I see many good points being made.

tzb wrote: There's a whole internet out there already, much of which is for stuff like this. One of the reasons I come here, when I do come here, is for a break from that kind of stuff.

Stu, I understand what you mean, and I am sure many here agree with you. Personally, I come here to be taken out of my comfort zone, not to escape reality. But as has been said in other threads, neither approach is better than the other, nor is it anyone's place to decide for another.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane

More
7 years 1 month ago #278307 by Carlos.Martinez3
Manu
Every conversation I have is exactly what I choose. I try... Never to respond in anything but ...." Build"
That's me and my choice.
It is up to us individually to display what character at what time or any of any .
Manu
Brother take time to meditate on things like that ... How you wanna world your words "sword" what style so on and so forth.
When I'm me (as often as I can be) you see me. Think about that for a bit .
Hope hat helps .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 1 month ago #278311 by Manu

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Manu
Every conversation I have is exactly what I choose. I try... Never to respond in anything but ...." Build"
That's me and my choice.
It is up to us individually to display what character at what time or any of any .
Manu
Brother take time to meditate on things like that ... How you wanna world your words "sword" what style so on and so forth.
When I'm me (as often as I can be) you see me. Think about that for a bit .
Hope hat helps .

Carlos, I get the feeling you are trying to hint at something important, but I'm afraid it gets lost in translation. What do you mean by when you are you I see you?

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 1 month ago #278312 by Carlos.Martinez3
When you see me when you speak to me I am fully me friend. I know people who are them all the time regardless of the content or... Person involved. Those people have character , learned and earned character ( experience points) in my eyes. To ask for a more mature content may mean you yourself , like me , may have to up our own game. I had the most difficult time waging where I sought my new examples. My own circles and some of my " content " DID change . My choice as well as your own .

Build, not tear down.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278313 by Manu

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: When you see me when you speak to me I am fully me friend. I know people who are them all the time regardless of the content or... Person involved. Those people have character , learned and earned character ( experience points) in my eyes. To ask for a more mature content may mean you yourself , like me , may have to up our own game. I had the most difficult time waging where I sought my new examples. My own circles and some of my " content " DID change . My choice as well as your own .

Is it not mature to accept that we are indeed flawed and imperfect? Doesn't integrity include being ourselves regardless of opinion or the expectation of micromanaging our public relations persona?

- William Arthur Ward

More
7 years 1 month ago #278318 by Carlos.Martinez3
The wonderful part of my Jedi ism is if they are for you then your answer is a clear yes. My definition of mature has change along with so many other words I've sought and defined for my self. ( somthing I hope everyone gets to do in their life)
What it come to some times is no matter truly what is said its my mindful desision and practice to answer or not ... In a way I would choose according to my path and faith. Eleanor So I would like to ask that before you think you know what is good for the temple (and what you think this temple ought to be for), please have some consideration for the people around you and what you really don't know about them.

no one can make you feel inferior without your consent , and in some way I see in my life my conversation and content are chosen by me not by those who are present nor by the "higher or lower" value I place on it , my mindful practice is to be ... My choice of me. Personally I find when confronted with adolescent or even younger ... There is where the example in my choice is needed. When the young are conserned intake great pride to say ...do as I! Bold and brave but possible. Many people do it. There are great examples from every denomination sect cult and group of excellent selflessness in ANY color you choose . Multiple even. But I'm clergy ... Lol and some how I like talking with you manu about things. I love the seek in uou and in this place .
The choice is ours to take control of our content. Some lime me have what I do scribed. Some difrent some more. The point is there's another choice if u like you don't have to branch off but be what's needed to ... By example ... See what's needed. Aka be the example of what lacks... Some times it's very Knightly ( all the time! )

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
7 years 1 month ago #278344 by Manu
Thank you Carlos, amigo I get what you say and to clarify I stated my OP as an open-ended question precisely because I expected ideas... not compliance. I do not know what is best for you, only for me.

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 1 month ago #278348 by Carlos.Martinez3
" to thine OWN self be true """ that's Kinna the idea friend! May the Force we share continue to meet you where you seek!

Ps I only give examples for the ability to see that there ... Is ... Possible ... Somthing else. Never do like me , but .. Do the things that help you define you ... Define u ... As I have . Every path is different and... Has to be some times . Glad I share mine with you Mano! I gladly leave in peace !

Build, not tear down.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278352 by Wescli Wardest
As a Jedi, I try to be mature in all my discussions. Sure, I am playful from time to time. But that does not mean I am any less serious or mature when need be.

Things that are shocking or distasteful are things we need to look at, or at least be aware of most of all as Jedi. The temple is a great place to discuss these things at because we are supposed to be able to look at these things with an open mind, a compassionate heart and a serene resolve.
The best way for newer Jedi to learn about Jediism is by watching how we conduct ourselves. Especially when faced with things that are disturbing.

TotJO does have policy about materials that are posted. We have moderators, that I trust, watching over the site and implementing that policy when need be.

I see no reason for further separation or divisions in the temple. In fact, I would argue that our time would be better spent discussing the content of the video that brought this topic into creation.

I am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are those that will disagree with me. That is completely fine and their purgative. And I am more than happy to listen to their thoughts on the matter. But from what I have read thus far, I can not imagine that anything would be brought to light that might sway me to believe otherwise.

:)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi