Knight hosted IP Discussion in Chat - Friday 5th February 21:00 UTC

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225801 by Edan
In response to some collated feedback that we received recently the Knights are going to be running some weekly discussions on the Initiate Programme in Chat .

The first discussion will be Friday 5th February at 21:00 UTC hosted by me. I am allowing an hour, but I will stick around for a bit longer in case anyone is unable to make it in time.

This is an opportunity for you to ask questions about the IP and the materials within it. As this is the first discussion there won’t be a topic, I will just open the floor to questions.

This is aimed of course at novices, but anyone of any rank is welcome to join.

After the discussion is over I will post a transcript of it so that others who could not attend can benefit.

If anyone has any questions about how this will work, or if anyone would like me to reread a section of the IP they are struggling with so they can ask about it Friday, then please post here.

Edit: please see here for the time where you are: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=IP+discussion&iso=20160205T21&p1=136&ah=1

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J and 15 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225933 by Edan
Just bumping this for those who didn't see it yesterday. I will remind again Thursday probably.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225939 by Jestor
Edan...

I know meetings in skype have some kind of protocol, is there any starting setup?

Like, PM (in chat) the knight hosting the chat if you have something to ask/say?

Like the equivalent of 'raising a hand'?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jestor.

More
8 years 1 month ago #225956 by Tellahane

Jestor wrote: Edan...

I know meetings in skype have some kind of protocol, is there any starting setup?

Like, PM (in chat) the knight hosting the chat if you have something to ask/say?

Skype doesn't really have a "protocol" per say, other meeting apps such as gotomeeting and google groups and all that fun stuff have forms of moderation and requests and the like. The equivalent protocol within chat if you wanted to do a Q & A style session would be no chatting except for red names and to pm a single person questions and have that single person keep track, sort out and post. But I quickly see that going out the window in chat. One of the whole points and benefits of that chat is anyone can chime in at the discussion at any time.

So if it's a Discussion, I encourage it to be a Discussion Environment. If its a Q & A, then Q & A it, mix of both will always return or deteriorate to chat's natural state of a discussion enviroment.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225961 by Edan

Jestor wrote: Edan...

My intention was to find out at the beginning who had questions and address them one by one with allowance for some discussion and offshoot from that. If anyone's question overlaps with something we're talking about then I can address it at the same time.

If there gets too many people I may instigate a 'hand raise' sort of thing but really I'm gonna wing it and see how it turns out :p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #226258 by
Good luck Eden. I'll try my best to be there to support you winging it :P

More
8 years 1 month ago #226302 by Yugen
Exellent idea :)

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #226308 by
In past chat that I have hosted, we used an etiquette like this:

If you have a question for the host Use ?
If you have a comment about the current topic use !

The host or moderator, depending on how big the chat is/was kept track and got to each persons ? or ! and answered them in order as best they could.

Sometimes during the conversations people will realize a question or comment and if you do them all up front they may not get heard or forget it if waiting until the end of the sessions for open questions.

It helped to prevent people stepping over one another and disrupting train of thought or derailing a topic/question.

Just tossing more options/ideas for you.

More
8 years 1 month ago #226318 by Edan
That's a good idea karn

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #226420 by Edan
Reminder about this for tomorrow, I've added a link to the first post so you can see the time it will be where your are.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi