Trying To Understand

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #187031 by
Trying To Understand was created by
Hello Everyone,
Some of you may know that I am new around here, but thats not what I am here to ask about.
I'm simply here to ask for some help understanding this faith.
I have read the doctrine and a few sermons, I have a general Idea on what the Force is and I have started the Initiate Programme, but i'm still having a hard time grasping what Jediism is all about. Peace and Joy? Self Knowledge? Ultimate Reality?
If someone could just give me a simplified description, that would be MUCH appreciated.
Saying again, I HAVE read the Doctrine...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #187033 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Trying To Understand
simplified.....

doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. accepting everyone as they are. constantly seeking self improvement.

if it was possible to really simplify it all the world would be jedi...some things just aren't simple....anything worth having usually requires considerable work to aquire

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, a67

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #187034 by
Replied by on topic Trying To Understand

RyuJin wrote: simplified.....

doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. accepting everyone as they are. constantly seeking self improvement.

if it was possible to really simplify it all the world would be jedi...some things just aren't simple....anything worth having usually requires considerable work to aquire

Wow, Thank You.
That Actually made sense.
So what you said above is somewhat of a basis of what Jedi do? I know that my journey will not be easy. No one ever said that Jediism was going to be easy. But im not giving up, Im going to persevere until I understand, and even then, I will continue to persevere because I want to better the world and better myself and find purpose...

Indeed, "Anything worth having usually requires considerable work to acquire"

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #187035 by a67
Replied by a67 on topic Trying To Understand
You gonna found a lot of definition of what Jediism is exactly.
This religion are pretty Young yet to really have a grasp on it.

For me, Jediism is the ultimate reality. B)
The seeking of knowledge putting the Faith not on human but directly to the Force.
It's a study not on one religion or perspective but on all the perspectives together.

A Jedi in my definition are the Guardian of peace the true meaning of warrior.
We are protector of life and free will.
Freedom of choice and study of everything.

We can't speak of what we don't know and we critical think anything.
Seeker of the truth and defender of the future generation.
A light to banish the darkness foreva from Earth.

Then what is Jediism? It's a reality study of what it is and Protector of Knowledge.
Living in harmony in this chaotic universe & letting youth make their own choice.
We speak of what we know and we know the difference between theory and fact.

I am pretty new too, so I hope it help you to understand. :side:
Edit: Ryujin put it really simple compared to me :lol:

"Le roi est fort, l'alcool aussi. Les femmes encore plus... Mais la vérité les surpassent tous"
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by a67. Reason: mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #187038 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Trying To Understand

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

The above came to my mind when I read this topic. The "Tao" here can be translated to mean "the Way" We could even say "the Way of Jediism". The problem is that no one can fully describe what Jediism is and to try to do so is to really cripple the capabilities inherent in the Way. You'll notice that the Doctrine is not very demanding on purpose. We don't have commandments and many of the 16 teachings and 21 maxims are basic common sense and human decency.

It may be helpful to remember that you are a unique expression of the Force. You have been living as this unique expression for some time. It is only now that you have become aware. This makes you more sensitive to the Force and how it works, but the way in which it works will be individualistic because you and I and every other creation on this planet is also a unique expression of the Force.

Jediism is then (in my humble opinion) attunement to and action in concert with the Force

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, a67, Cyan Sarden

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #187040 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Trying To Understand
Yea, I'd say 'you' are the Force*, and the theoretical best fitting into how you see the Doctrine (or elements which you equally adhere) would represent your Jedi path - so walking it is trying to step in those idealistic footsteps. Interestingly, if I dont say so myself LOL, I tend to define the 'Way' as the thing representative of the group of practitioners path's!!
:silly:

* I could paraphrase that by saying everyone else is also the Force, and many view all life and even some all 'things', but for the purpose of understanding how it means to oneself I used the above language.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, a67

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #187052 by

a67 wrote: You gonna found a lot of definition of what Jediism is exactly.
This religion are pretty Young yet to really have a grasp on it.

For me, Jediism is the ultimate reality. B)
The seeking of knowledge putting the Faith not on human but directly to the Force.
It's a study not on one religion or perspective but on all the perspectives together.

A Jedi in my definition are the Guardian of peace the true meaning of warrior.
We are protector of life and free will.
Freedom of choice and study of everything.

We can't speak of what we don't know and we critical think anything.
Seeker of the truth and defender of the future generation.
A light to banish the darkness foreva from Earth.

Then what is Jediism? It's a reality study of what it is and Protector of Knowledge.
Living in harmony in this chaotic universe & letting youth make their own choice.
We speak of what we know and we know the difference between theory and fact.

I am pretty new too, so I hope it help you to understand. :side:
Edit: Ryujin put it really simple compared to me :lol:

"Le roi est fort, l'alcool aussi. Les femmes encore plus... Mais la vérité les surpassent tous"

Wonderful, That made perfect sense :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #187054 by

Rosalyn J wrote:

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

The above came to my mind when I read this topic. The "Tao" here can be translated to mean "the Way" We could even say "the Way of Jediism". The problem is that no one can fully describe what Jediism is and to try to do so is to really cripple the capabilities inherent in the Way. You'll notice that the Doctrine is not very demanding on purpose. We don't have commandments and many of the 16 teachings and 21 maxims are basic common sense and human decency.

It may be helpful to remember that you are a unique expression of the Force. You have been living as this unique expression for some time. It is only now that you have become aware. This makes you more sensitive to the Force and how it works, but the way in which it works will be individualistic because you and I and every other creation on this planet is also a unique expression of the Force.

Jediism is then (in my humble opinion) attunement to and action in concert with the Force

Very Good. I understand this faith a little more now. But most of the learning has to be done by me. :)

Thank You Everyone

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #187056 by
Hi Wyatt,

I am a new member to the temple myself, and I think as with anything new it's only natural to have questions. I am like you just finding my around here, but I think the answers that everyone has given are great. I also feel that we have all come to the temple for our own particular reasons, and it's partly those reasons which will dictate the journey you take. I feel that Jediism is a way to explore who you really are as a person, and helps you through patient training, and the support of others to reach your full potential as a person, and to open your mind to how we can all improve as people.

When I first mentioned to a few people that I have looked into Jediism, I was met with a lot of scepticism. People asking questions such as... Who is qualified enough to call themselves a Jedi, let alone create a temple based upon it. I had countless StarWars gags thrown at me, but I think in the end it's about what you hope to become as a person, and if it's something positive then it can only be a good thing.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #187061 by Breeze el Tierno

RyuJin wrote: simplified.....

I like Ryujin's answer. It's a solid place to start and I can't say I could do better.

My thought is that it should be less about the doctrine itself and more about your relationship with it. That's something you discover and refine on your own, over time, and revisit often. It's going to be a bit different for each of us, and that's a good thing. Just me talking, but the Doctrine is the beginning of a conversation and the work of discovering. Don't take let yourself get stuck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Jestor, a67

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi