OK to disagree with an IP material?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 5 months ago #127043 by Jestor
Yes sir (snappy salute!)...:)

I am perhaps as loose in my speaking, as I am in my definition of the force, and everything else...

When I speak, literally speak, to a live person, I allow for the flow of the world, which is very hard to see in print...:)... I say things that upset ,my wife and frustrate her, lol, not to do it to be a snot, its just my nature...

She will ask, "Are this dishes dry?", and I will say "yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, etc"

To which she says, "What?"

I say, "Well, it is here, but not there, over here is, but this spot isnt"

Basically, it is not 100% dry, nor 100% wet (immersed in water)....

Yea, Im surprised I wake up somedays....

And, I am like this ALL THE TIME....

I try not to be sometimes, but, life is just so funny and interpretation so important, I like to play with words...:)

+++++++++++++++++
Ok, what was the topic again?

As far as McTaggart, her science is flawed, but as was proven in this thread, this person (me, ;)..), and this sites defining, uh, hesitancy, (lol), sometimes, we just are telling a story, and trying to explain it the best we can...

That work?

Like the battle between creationists, and evolutionists, there is the battle between those who are very definite, and like their "i"s dotted, and "t"s crossed, and those who are a little looser, and like to cross the "i"s and dot the "t"s...;)

I am the second one, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #127052 by Gisteron
If everyone was loose, noone would really understand anyone.
If everyone was definite, everyone would really understand everything.
So its not so much that the definite can't appreciate the loose nature of others per se. Rather the definite is a way more effective way to communicate messages, even the loose ones. A crossed not-dotted "i" is a "t" and a non-crossed dotted "t" is an "i". Ha, but "timber" is a word everyone, loose or tight, understands while "itmber" ts someihtng netiher ihe loose nor ihe itghi do.
Accuracy isn't just a preference, but an advantage. There is reasons some insist on it and there are reasons communication runs smoother among those who maintain it at least when it comes to expression of the idea.
Although, to be fair, the accurate ideas about quantum mechanics or the zero point field help us explore the stars while fuzzy ones help us delude ourselves into thinking that wishing things into being works.

At the end of the day, the storytelling thing is a good thing when that's where it starts rather than where it closes. Sooner or later the definite should become paramount over the loose. That's why the definite ones immediately disagree with McTaggart's words. The loose ones sometimes spend time defending bits and piecs of her intentions to then admit they disagree with the words, too - for an "i" is an "i" and a "t" is a "t" and there is only so much sense arguing about it ;)

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #127053 by

Sooner or later the definite should become paramount over the loose.

You mean the weak minded?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #127054 by

Gisteron wrote: If everyone was loose, noone would really understand anyone.
So its not so much that the definite can't appreciate the loose nature of others per se. Rather the definite is a way more effective way to communicate messages, even the loose ones. A crossed not-dotted "i" is a "t" and a non-crossed dotted "t" is an "i". Ha, but "timber" is a word everyone, loose or tight, understands while "itmber" ts someihtng netiher ihe loose nor ihe itghi do.
Accuracy isn't just a preference, but an advantage. There is reasons some insist on it and there are reasons communication runs smoother among those who maintain it at least when it comes to expression of the idea.
Although, to be fair, the accurate ideas about quantum mechanics or the zero point field help us explore the stars while fuzzy ones help us delude ourselves into thinking that wishing things into being works.

At the end of the day, the storytelling thing is a good thing when that's where it starts rather than where it closes. Sooner or later the definite should become paramount over the loose. That's why the definite ones immediately disagree with McTaggart's words. The loose ones sometimes spend time defending bits and piecs of her intentions to then admit they disagree with the words, too - for an "i" is an "i" and a "t" is a "t" and there is only so much sense arguing about it ;)

This reminds me perfectly of a lecture by Alan Watts.

http://youtu.be/XXi_ldNRNtM

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #127130 by

Vesha wrote:

Gisteron wrote: If everyone was loose, noone would really understand anyone.

This reminds me perfectly of a lecture by Alan Watts.

http://youtu.be/XXi_ldNRNtM

Gisteron/Vesha

the muse is inspired . . .
Contemplation

What type of personality am i?
prickle or goo

concrete
abstract

abstract
concrete

hmmm
tapping toes
turning eyes within

being with sound
hummmmm

hark i hear prickle
hark i hear goo

hummmmm
ing

rising view

i see
prickly gooish
and
gooish prickly

yummm
i am what i am
milkshake

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #130927 by
Yeah, looks like you were fine. Had that problem a few times with campbell and am actually writing on it right now. What did I do? I pointed it out lol and had to get my dusty old greek lexicon to cite...fun

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi