Jedi Council?

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 10 months ago #109371 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Jedi Council?
So how does it work? Are members elected on or nominated? Are there certain skills or qualifications or levels of comittement needed as a requirement?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 10 months ago #109379 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Council?
When there is an open position, the current Council begins looking for a candidate...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 10 months ago #109380 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Council?
Here at TOTJO, anyway...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 10 months ago #109381 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: Jedi Council?

Jestor wrote: When there is an open position, the current Council begins looking for a candidate...

Ah ok. so its more a case of finding the right fit for the temples needs rather than a list of tick box requirements. Makes sense, thanks.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 10 months ago #109386 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi Council?
We do require an oath of office nowadays and there's a testing period before a councillor becomes a director of the corporation.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
10 years 10 months ago #109430 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Jedi Council?

Jestor wrote: When there is an open position, the current Council begins looking for a candidate...

Out of curiosity... how do you know when a position is open? I mean, could there not be "open" positions on the council currently? Is there a set number which has to be stuck to? Are there requirements, or a structure, for the individual that fills the seat of office which governs requirements and/or obligations of the individual council member?

Monastic Order of Knights

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 10 months ago #109458 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Re: Jedi Council?

Wescli Wardest wrote: Out of curiosity... how do you know when a position is open? I mean, could there not be "open" positions on the council currently? Is there a set number which has to be stuck to? Are there requirements, or a structure, for the individual that fills the seat of office which governs requirements and/or obligations of the individual council member?

Well im glad you ask!

:p

Like was stated in another, "hotly contested" rule in another conversation, ;), there are no "hard rules", more like feelings, interpretation, and a consensus from the current Council....

The quick answer is no, there is no "set number", "specific requirements", or "currently open positions"...

V-Tog and Ren, have been the only members recruited for specific reasons... Ren actually was kept in the sidelines for a long while as site admin only, before being ask to join Council....

Remember, we are a new organization... People drop out of the internet like crazy... lol...

Look at the list of knights, how many do you know, how many still active?

I believe I was ask because I am very active....

My office, and specific job grew out of need... The need for structure and consistancy in the ranks... I've surprised a few with my length of membership, and still almost daily log ins....;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109483 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Council?

Lorian wrote: Do we keep in contact with the other orders which are still active, Ryu?
Or have is there little connectivity between TOTJO and the remaining active orders?
A universal Jedi council would be extremely difficult to work out, and I am quite happy with the system here.
However, perhaps engaging them might help to keep our brethren informed and aware of others out there?

I happen to know some of the 'leaders' of other sites personally but not in any sort of official capacity.

I liken a single cohesive group to a single cohesive Christian organisation. Ask the question: "Why don't Christians just become one church?"...

The best answer is simply that there is no real need... we are getting on fine doing our own thing, we have no quarrels with any other groups and don't ban people for belonging to them...

That in my mind is the ideal situation. People just doing what they like to do and getting on with each other... I see no reason for us to be united and don't see how it would make us 'stronger'...

The list of knights that Jestor mentioned: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/teachers I keep it up to date so people should know that I'm Watching Them! :whistle: :evil:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 10 months ago #109516 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi Council?
As long as it's not while I'm in the shower or on the toilet (or loo for you brits) :cheer:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109794 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Council?
What are some other sites people belong to that are good? I haven't really found anything that compares to what we have here.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi