Helpful Web pages (i.e.: Clergy 101 helpful things)

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 6 months ago #7508 by Neaj Pa Bol
These are some items I came across sometime back that I try to recommend for the beginning Clergy. (This not an required) I found it most educational of the Clerical clothing site for there's a lot of information there other than just the clerical clothing.)

First one is a CD disk that you can get from an Ebay store that is .pdf of the Naval Manual for Clergy. It covers all religions, etc., on Ceremonies, Services, Clerical ware, etc. For $8.00 to me is a good investment for future reference.

here's the current links for the store and the item (this item is always up on this store so if the item link changes you can still find it at the store):

The Store:
Quality Information Publishers

http://stores.ebay.com/Quality-Information-Publishers

The Manual CD:
Religion Chaplain Training Manuals w/ Prayer Book CD

http://cgi.ebay.com/Religion-Chaplain-Training-Manuals-w-Prayer-Book-CD_W0QQitemZ200145873431QQihZ010QQcategoryZ378QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The second Web site here is one put out by an member of the Clergy that is also great for clear explainations of vestments, clerical clothing, ceremonies of the seasons, etc.... Very informative...

Why Clergy Should Wear Clericals - by Ken Collins (Great Histories of where certain Vestments came to be and other histories of Clerical items and more.)

http://www.kencollins.com/pray-26.htm

Main Web Site Page:
http://www.kencollins.com

Enjoy....
MTFBWYAAF
Patty

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7550 by
Replied by on topic Conducting Marriage in PA
I live in PA, and today I visited the my county courthouse to get information on how to legally conduct marriage. I found out some pretty sobering requirements. Firstly, Pennsylvania reserves the exclusive right to determine what is or is not a church. This means that if Northampton County decides that the Temple Of The Jedi Order is not a legitimate church, then no jedi can conduct marriage in this Commonwealth.

I need to acquire enough paperwork, documents, legal forms, etc. that will convince Pennsylvania that The Temple is a legitimate church. I know that the Temple Of The Jedi Order is incorporated in Texas, and if I have documentation to this effect, then my job will be much easier.

Please point me in the right direction on how to get all necessary documents to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we are a real church.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8542 by
Replied by on topic Re:Conducting Marriage in PA
You know this has helped me as well. I was thinking that it might be a nation thing but i hadn't thought that i might have to look into my city/county/state. Thanks, i will look into this and then i might need the paper work as well, will keep you posted.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8544 by
Replied by on topic Re:Conducting Marriage in PA
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

You know this has helped me as well. I was thinking that it might be a nation thing but i hadn't thought that i might have to look into my city/county/state. Thanks, i will look into this and then i might need the paper work as well, will keep you posted.

Pennsylvania

Ministers of any regularly established church or congregation may perform marriages. Also, persons may marry themselves if they obtain a certificate from the clerk of the orphans' court. Ministers must provide a certificate of marriage to the bride and groom. Also, they must send a marriage certificate to the clerk of the orphans' court who issued the marriage license within ten days after the marriage. Ministers do not register with the state or county.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #164164 by
First one is a CD disk that you can get from an Ebay store that is .pdf of the Naval Manual for Clergy. It covers all religions, etc., on Ceremonies, Services, Clerical ware, etc. For $8.00 to me is a good investment for future reference.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #164165 by
Hi syed20

This is an ancient thread... the last post was 7 years ago now. Whilst the information here is relevant, we'd be more likely to recommend a book like Alain de Botton's Religion For Athiests today.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi