Dress code

  • Decimus
  • Decimus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
21 Sep 2007 09:03 #7383 by Decimus
Dress code was created by Decimus
When the physical Jedi temple opens, are attendees encouraged to wear any particular kind of clothing? Are the clergy? And since I have never been to any such gathering , do Jedi usually wear Jedi like garb?
I hope these questions doesn't seem offensive to anyone.
I am in the planning stages on piecing together Jedi garb anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Twsoundsoff
  • Twsoundsoff's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Sep 2007 09:13 #7384 by Twsoundsoff
Replied by Twsoundsoff on topic Dress code
Decimus wrote:

When the physical Jedi temple opens, are attendees encouraged to wear any particular kind of clothing? Are the clergy? And since I have never been to any such gathering , do Jedi usually wear Jedi like garb?
I hope these questions doesn't seem offensive to anyone.
I am in the planning stages on piecing together Jedi garb anyway.


Absolutely. There is however no standard dress for a Jedi nor is there one for clergy. That, like our individual beliefs, is up to each Jedi for themselves. Some of the other members will surely share their Jedi Garb and how they came about them. I myself will be sporting a more traditional Jedi Tunic, tabbard, etc...however I will wear a Chasuble over this.

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 19:24 #7402 by Justice
Replied by Justice on topic Dress code
You will find most here will refer to their Jedi garb as their \"Formal Robes\". If I am able to attend, I will be wearing mine, to include a ceremonial lightsaber hilt that also points to the mythology our order is based off of. It has taken me about three months to complete mine. There are several links to good sources for finding the various parts of the Jedi garb in the General section of the forums. You might have to dig a little, but they are there.

Master of Jediism/Grey

Rite: Asatru

There is no good.
There is no evil.
There is only balance.
Through balance I gain focus.
Through focus I gain discipline.
Discipline provides control.
With control I gain knowledge.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • mojiimoto
  • mojiimoto's Avatar
  • Guest
21 Sep 2007 20:35 #7407 by mojiimoto
Replied by mojiimoto on topic Dress code
I too Force willing would attend the grand opening in my formal Jedi Order outfit, just to let you know you can find outfits on line for reasonably priced to very expensive, but you do not need to spend a lot of mony on it as the meaning of the Jedi Robes are meant to be a symbol of simplicity and modesty, what ever one wears is only a symbol of our devotion to what we belive and you don't need outer wear to believe you are a Jedi, it just looks cool and helps with your frame of mind, just as a karate gi is appropriate for karate and a Tai Chi outfit is appropriate for theirs, you can still do karate in street clothes.
Just a thought.
MTFBWY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 22:13 #7410 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Dress code
mojiimoto wrote:

I too Force willing would attend the grand opening in my formal Jedi Order outfit, just to let you know you can find outfits on line for reasonably priced to very expensive, but you do not need to spend a lot of mony on it as the meaning of the Jedi Robes are meant to be a symbol of simplicity and modesty, what ever one wears is only a symbol of our devotion to what we belive and you don't need outer wear to believe you are a Jedi, it just looks cool and helps with your frame of mind, just as a karate gi is appropriate for karate and a Tai Chi outfit is appropriate for theirs, you can still do karate in street clothes.
Just a thought.
MTFBWY


...very well put, my padawan! ;)

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 22:56 #7412 by War Beauty
Replied by War Beauty on topic Dress code
Anjil Tora and I are starting a business for the Temple. it's nowhere near ready yet, but i'm a seamstress and he's a designer, so we are going to start custom robe making. just an FYI for guys. i also do Robe repairs!

"Not all who wander are lost..."
-Tolkien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 23:07 #7413 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Dress code
War Beauty wrote:

Anjil Tora and I are starting a business for the Temple. it's nowhere near ready yet, but i'm a seamstress and he's a designer, so we are going to start custom robe making. just an FYI for guys. i also do Robe repairs!


Sounds good. I think you will have quite a bit to do.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 23:25 #7414 by War Beauty
Replied by War Beauty on topic Dress code
yea. i imagine i will. The reason that costuming is soooo expensive is because not only are people asking for money for their time (it takes a good bit to make a ful set of robes, and make them good) but the price of fabric sky-rocketed! i meade my cloak, but it cost me around $80 once i had all the embroidery and fabric and it was all made. I make all my costumes by hand, but for the bigger jobs i use the machine. And i use machine washable fabrics that are thicker so they protect against cold and stand up to actual everyday wear. i'll post some pictures of mine. It's all white, with gold embroideries and gold lining on the inside of the hood and sleeves.

"Not all who wander are lost..."
-Tolkien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 23:30 #7415 by Justice
Replied by Justice on topic Dress code
Whereas mine have black outer robe, black tabbards, black belt, black boots, sand brown tunic, and dark gray pants.

Master of Jediism/Grey

Rite: Asatru

There is no good.
There is no evil.
There is only balance.
Through balance I gain focus.
Through focus I gain discipline.
Discipline provides control.
With control I gain knowledge.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 23:32 #7416 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Dress code
War Beauty wrote:

yea. i imagine i will. The reason that costuming is soooo expensive is because not only are people asking for money for their time (it takes a good bit to make a ful set of robes, and make them good) but the price of fabric sky-rocketed! i meade my cloak, but it cost me around $80 once i had all the embroidery and fabric and it was all made. I make all my costumes by hand, but for the bigger jobs i use the machine. And i use machine washable fabrics that are thicker so they protect against cold and stand up to actual everyday wear. i'll post some pictures of mine. It's all white, with gold embroideries and gold lining on the inside of the hood and sleeves.


...fit for a King!:cheer:

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.