Confidant Session Form

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #287757 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Confidant Session Form
* Disclaimer I am training to be a paralegal and not a lawyer so my words here do not constitute legal advice I am just describing the law as I understand it.

I am currently in paralegal studies so to answer some of the questions here.

1) It's important to know the laws because we do not want to promise confidentiality we are legally obligated to break.

2) The laws that apply are the local laws of the clergy member as those are the laws you (the clergy member) are bound by.

3) It's important to know when and in what instances you can become a mandatory reporter. In many US states clergy are considered mandatory reporters.

4) Please read up on what constitutes confession in your local as in my home state just regular conversations would not be considered confession but a request via this form would likely be considered confession.

Finally this is in no way to discourage this form. Its just important that all those that part take of the service understand the limits and laws that apply.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by MadHatter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #288749 by
Replied by on topic Confidant Session Form
Just a thought...

Think of a Confidence Session as a kind of EAP (Employee Assistance Program). In an EAP environment, the name of the person seeking help, and the one providing help is kept anonymous. They are only known to each other. In the US, there is what is known as HIPPA laws.These laws protect a patient from having their medical records given out to anyone other than their doctor. It has been stated that what we are talking about here, MIGHT fall into this category, if the confidence session has a medical or psychological basis. The best course of action would be to make all parties anonymous until the facts are sorted.

My suggestion would be that if a person needs counseling in confidence, they should fill out a confidence session form similar to what you have created but with no name given. At that point, the session form is distributed to a Clergy member who would only be identified by a predetermined number randomly picked by the Synods appointed designee to oversee this program.

If the two decide to identify themselves to each other, that would be their choice and no other needs to know.

edit:
Also, I would place a line in the form to denote whether the person seeking help wishes to talk to a male or a female, and if the person seeks someone in a particular age bracket.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by .

More
6 years 9 months ago #288753 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Confidant Session Form
I like your idea about annonymity, but in a practical sense how will that work?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #288757 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Confidant Session Form

Rosalyn J wrote: I like your idea about annonymity, but in a practical sense how will that work?

Clergy email address, however person seeking advice would possibly need to create a new email, all emails would need to be deleted.

In truth, I believe anonymity online is impossible.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288764 by
I suspect you are correct Edan in the context of our web structure. It is never impossible, but difficult.

I guess what it comes down to is the person who wishes help to look over the list of Clergy and contact someone they fell is trustworthy for their situation.

It may come to just posting a list of Clergy with their personal info such as clerical rank, age,sex, background (a bio of some type), or whatever, so that the person seeking help can contact the person who may fit their needs.

Example Bio(this would be the true bio I would post): I am a 58yo male. I am married for 37 years with two adult children. (1 male and 1 female) the male is 28 and is a Marine, firefighter, married, and a father of two. My daughter is 24 and a manager in a business, unmarried.

I have been a Scoutmaster, PTA President, a HVAC installer, Paramedic, Lieutenant Firefighter, Trustee in a Village. I wasted 3 years in my high school years doing drugs. I have been active in many types of organizations.

I have been with the Temple of the Jedi Order since 2011. My religious background before that was Catholic. I went to Catholic grade school during the time of ruler slapping across the knuckles. I was an alter boy during grade school and served in several Rites (Catholic - Western Rite / Byzantine - Eastern Rite) and I taught CCE while in high school for 1 year.

At this time I have a strong belief in Joseph Campbell's idea that all religions are true in their metaphors and that these metaphors are all in line with each other. I follow Buddhist teachings, Christian teachings and Taoist teachings mostly, as they coincide with my belief in Jediism. I will never deny anyone's God and I believe in any profit who preaches Love, kindness, and compassion.

The idea here is that a person who reads this bio can see if anything in my background will help in their dilemma. Then they could contact me at their pleasure without anyone knowing through my personal email I have listed. It would be up to me as duty bound Clergy to keep the Confidence.

More
6 years 9 months ago #288882 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Confidant Session Form
I do wonder if perhaps the anonymity is unnecessary? Catholic priests can see their confessors, and therapists know their patients. Anonymity cannot truly be promised and if the confession revolves around events at totjo, that anonymity will be hard to keep because likely the clergy will be able to guess the person's identity.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #288883 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Confidant Session Form
I‘m with Edan on this one - there‘s no such thing as true anonymity online and promising it would be misleading.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Cyan Sarden.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #288968 by
It's not a question of misleading anyone. The idea is to try to give someone with a problem someone to turn to without everyone else knowing. As I stated, I have an e-mail listed, if any of you wish to talk to me privately, contact me at that e-mail. No one will know you did unless you tell them. It is not attached to the Temple and is not filtered through the Temple. No one will know you contacted me. At that point we can continue through e-mail or we can Skype, Google Hangout, or if serious enough, I'll give you my phone number.

edit:

If you are truly interested in being clergy, and seeing to the needs of the community, you must be all in, within the context of being available at any time to any one, for any reason. I do not know what state of emergency it is for the person who needs my help, but if they feel it is important enough that they need my phone number...
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #289030 by Albali Cometlast
As a member here I really like the idea of a confidant session, but it will be for more as an emotional session, at the beginning of the post you were talking that it will be like the catholic church "confession" and in that confession no legal stuff were involved, so I think that the legal discussion is off the subject here.

support 100% the idea and don't get involved in legal stuff that for every country is very different and here are members for all around the world

More
6 years 8 months ago #289034 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Confidant Session Form
Anonymity is pretty much impossible in all things. But I do not think anyone really expects things to be perfect. So yes we can offer anonymous confession with the understanding that even if we know the parties involved it wont be brought up unless the person asking clergy support brings it up. That's the real point is the feeling of not having to name names unless you wish to.

Albali Cometlast wrote: As a member here I really like the idea of a confidant session, but it will be for more as an emotional session, at the beginning of the post you were talking that it will be like the catholic church "confession" and in that confession no legal stuff were involved, so I think that the legal discussion is off the subject here.

support 100% the idea and don't get involved in legal stuff that for every country is very different and here are members for all around the world

Legal stuff is most certianly involved in some cases if a person brings up things that a clergy member is mandated by law in their nation or state to report. Knowing that sort of thing is VITAL to keeping people out of trouble so its pretty on topic.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi