Needs/Projects

More
6 years 10 months ago #284101 by Rosalyn J
Needs/Projects was created by Rosalyn J
Hiya,

As an offshoot from May 13th's meeting, I am creating this thread. Anyone with any idea for a project, or who is aware of a need that we as the clergy can assist with, can post here. All ideas will be considered, but not all may be done due to time constraints or other variables. This thread is primarily an index. Each idea will get its own thread for discussion.

Happy posting

Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284124 by
Replied by on topic Needs/Projects
Off the top of my head

• Response to members in crisis
  • Response to members who, whilst not in crisis, are having problems here at the Temple (eg feeling like outsiders)
  • Regular presence in chat to welcome new members and discuss... stuff (can't really be more specific)
  • Sermons and maintenance of the sermon calendar
  • More active involvement in Seminary and the activities/progress of Seminarians
  • Working to embed more practical, community-needed skills in Seminary (eg psychological first aid)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284257 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Needs/Projects
Nakis PM'd me saying one of the things he has trouble with us connecting with people at the same time. He suggested various methods which may or may not be approved by Council, but one thing that stuck out to me is the need to connect with a group of people and be able to discuss a subject. One of the compromises I was able to come up with is weekly or bi weekly chats. It would be up to whoever spearheads this project to decide how often and work out the other logistics, but I think the idea is worth considering.

As it were, anyone below Knight cannot teach, so for now, I'd like an ordained clergy without a project to take that on. Please start an independant thread to work out the logistics.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis

More
6 years 10 months ago #284559 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Needs/Projects
We need some (or a team of people) to look through the Forum AND wall for people who might going through something and could use a clergy person to speak with. Anyone willing to take that on. You can be Licensed or Ordained.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #285437 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Needs/Projects
Just keep your eyes open for things like this:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/118368-help-with-dealing-with-loved-one-s-cancer

And on the wall, things like this:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/mytotjo/32395-sean-mclean/profile?actid=48271

Aside from replying to them publicly, open a dialogue with them through PM. Don't necessarily feel you have to address a topic formally, but just talk to them with the intention of helping them feel they are not alone, and show that your ear is open to whatever they feel they need to express about what they are going through.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi