The Block

More
6 years 4 months ago #306035 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
This is the clergy section for spiritual guidance and help . As a minister this is my attempt to minister. Feel free to create a forum or a topic of your choice . Feel free to respond as you like , the hope is you receive encouragment and help from the stories lessons and ideas shared here .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306036 by
Replied by on topic The Block
celebrate your differences - no contest you build and support

More
6 years 4 months ago #306364 by Carlos.Martinez3
Encouragment

A common pitfall in modern Jedi ism today is the attempt to undefine and unjustify another jedis path with only our own personal definitions.
That is never Jedi-isms goal.
This can be a prime path that leads to stagnation in ones path.
This way, this light , this idea , this road, (call it what you like) CAN often lead to little or no growth. It can often keep a Jedi from compassion and dim the light of learn.

My encouragment : keep this in your heart and remember it. Jedi believe In the Force, and in the inherent worth of ALL life within it. Every one ! That's you !
May the Force be with y'all as y'all seek it , as we ALL seek it !

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306766 by Carlos.Martinez3
What causes us as Jedi to NOT learn. Ever wonder ? For each of us our paths are difrent as well as our answers and with this question , for each of us or answers will differ. They have to. What keeps you from learning? Identify ( without attachment if you can for a bit)

For me , myself , the fact that time was an issue, this got me to thinking ... hmmm
If I wanted to learn more I needed TIME to actually do it . Time management kept me from physically learning. I should say the lack of time management . Lol during the IP we come first hand with this . How to include all this new stuff in an already full schedule or an already existing schedule . Each of us figure out eventually how to add extra things into our time . Meditation is what we all have as a focus in the begining and as we progress , this one things seems to be one of the chief things that suffers in our path as we begin. Might not be for everyone but I lay this at your feet... time management can benifit us in so many ways. It can be a start to the open door we some times need to give ourself the ..."push" we need.
Feel free to comment to or add to this simple truth ... learning can some times be re primed by simple time management .
Force be with you and may We find the tools we need , to be better Jedi and better humans , right where we look!

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306767 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
From my own experience, what keeps us from learning are two things:

1. having a feeling of superiority (one-upmanship, whatever you want to call it) towards others. This will lead to complacency - or even the idea that one doesn't have to learn as one already is the perfect (Jedi, person, awesome dude etc.). This also has to do with the idea that once they've reached a certain rank (e.g. Jedi Knight) or have done this or that that others found great, people start thinking that they've learned everything there is. Now it's time to stuff it down other people's throats and bully people whom they believe are less than perfect (Jedi, for example).

2. Not realising that learning never stops. Especially those who feel they're great and superior are the ones that have the most to learn. Ignorance, yet knowledge - it's one of the most important building blocks of our faith, yet there are people here and elsewhere who believe that doesn't not apply to them, that their opinion has more weight than that of others etc. Not realising that learning is a process that continues from birth to death, is that second factor.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #306770 by Carlos.Martinez3

Cyan Sarden wrote: From my own experience, what keeps us from learning are two things:

1. having a feeling of superiority (one-upmanship, whatever you want to call it) towards others. This will lead to complacency - or even the idea that one doesn't have to learn as one already is the perfect (Jedi, person, awesome dude etc.). This also has to do with the idea that once they've reached a certain rank (e.g. Jedi Knight) or have done this or that that others found great, people start thinking that they've learned everything there is. Now it's time to stuff it down other people's throats and bully people whom they believe are less than perfect (Jedi, for example).

2. Not realising that learning never stops. Especially those who feel they're great and superior are the ones that have the most to learn. Ignorance, yet knowledge - it's one of the most important building blocks of our faith, yet there are people here and elsewhere who believe that doesn't not apply to them, that their opinion has more weight than that of others etc. Not realising that learning is a process that continues from birth to death, is that second factor.

That second one , learning never stops . lol it's easy your a teacher ! Jk jk jk , for the common folk I never really had any one ever tell me this. Eventually I just stopped looking . Complacency does stagnate often. As does arguing and trying to make one self up... al re time , as in I gotta be the one right all the time , quibbling as I count it can lead to circles of dizzy non learning . Good stuff Peter ! Good stuff.
Constant re - reminders help too lol like this! Thank your cyan! Encompassing with those who have the same focus seem to help too hu?

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307027 by Carlos.Martinez3
Excerpt from my own Jedi bible still in rough draft form:

The Force
Who's Force ? Which force ?
As a Jedi and a actual human who lives in the real world with actual people ... you know on earth not movies or la la land ...
we beilieve in the Force. As individuals we CAN and have the right to define , in our own life's and paths , what is the Force is to us. A common holding and teaching is the Force CAN be accepted and identified as and power - flow- ebb-light-Any way- any idea - any thing ... that can or can not be side ed- seen or defined named or classified and or explained yet, we as Jedi - in our own path, notice the presence and or influence of it and is normally not ourselfs. The Force is what we see and observe and deem as the Force .
Now, This leaves the definition pretty open to the availability and possibilities of one or many difrent identifications. Yes! Love hate fear hope , these are also avalible forces that can be considered as well. With this wide range of avalibility one may and often it is asked - can there be multiples . That answer is to you alone . You are the one who defines your own path and your own force in your path. Your choosing is to you alone. You as a human as a Jedi , a real one, can identify your own Force . ...
That leads me to this
Jedi believe in the inherit worth of all ... even their definition of the force and their choices of path or paths taken.
Somthimg to think about this week my real life Jedi .

End of line

So Jedi , real Jedi, actual Jedi, if no one told you and you didn't know well...
now, you know!

May the Force we seek , find you where we seek it ! Right there !

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
6 years 4 months ago #307028 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
Thank you Master, well written. I think it‘s very important for each of us to have a definition of what the „Force“ is and means to them. It creates trust and a feeling of safety knowing where once‘s religious beliefs are situated.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 4 months ago #307101 by Carlos.Martinez3
Bump

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #307540 by Carlos.Martinez3
Self paced path
self paced life
self paced joy

It is said in many difrent ways :
Give fish - feed today, teach to fish - feed for ever.
This wonderful place on-line we call a community and the Temple has many difrent views - all good for learning and teaching , passing and sharing and all worth trying . No one will or can tell you which is right for your spacific need. ( I won't and be cautious on those who say so as absolute , not only here but in the real world) You have that right as a human and as a heart that is worth as much as my very own , to make your own choice.
Now, this place has a self paced idea it shares in the IP

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/initiateprogramme

and also in our Apprenticeship and our seminary and in our further learning here. To be quite frank, when I first started here, I shared a frustration common to the others and common to those currently going thru the self paced courses and lessons. The frustration I personally had was a simple one , I wanted to do my lessons , all of them , it was my goal. I didn't have the time or the avalibility to give the time to them like I wanted. Somthing new was added to my already full and working plate. It was , to me, frustrating and upsetting . Many of us will face this in our path here . Count on it friends and fellow Jedi, but your not alone. The idea is a very simple one once you see it . One of many things this place CAN teach and reveal is ...To learn means you might have to make time , new time , new time assessment : you gotta make a spot for it . New things mean just that , new . In the real world - to learn new things we may have to make time to find them and learn them. Seems easy enough yet it's frustrating - flat out . How do I read this or watch this video between groceries and pick ups drop offs and actual life?
My encouragment - life is ... self paced as this place. It's just an example of what CAN be done. Once we begin to get less upset or out of focus and begin to realize ... you personally just have to make time in your schedule - yours , as the way --- YOU learn.
This is hard for some and others it's too easy.we all learn difrently . This simple basic idea is so benifishal in the long run.
Some may have to re learn to learn - some may have to un learn - some may just have to plug in and play ... what ever the case what ever the part - this can help us begin the learn again or begin "the more learning path".
When we see in this light - this way - when you share this idea with us --- you CAN realize ... joy is and CAN be a self paced path as well.

Insert what is needed - when it's needed - when YOU think it's needed !

Happy seeking and may the Force we seek find us in the seek ... on that path ... the "during" / right there , may it find you and be with y'all!!! (Us)

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi