I am asking you to make a sacrifice.

More
7 years 9 months ago #244797 by Breeze el Tierno
Sunday saw a massacre in the United States, the worst mass shooting in our history. It was the 133rd shooting of the year, taking place on the 164th day.

When I logged into the forum, I saw what I always see in the wake of tragedy: arguement.

We are all grieving. And we are all angry. I will not ask you to feel differently. I am angry. I have wept. I will not ask you to not feel this. That said, I am asking for something.

Today, everyone is raw. That rawness polarizes the issues at hand and makes everyone certain of their rightness. We hate the pain these tragedy wedge into us, and we spit it like poison on each other. We each seek people to blame and we don't want to carry that blame. And, in the mire and din of all that, it is so hard to hear. I cannot hear you over my own yelling. I cannot hear you over my grief.

I know you each have feelings and beliefs about what happened, why, and what should be next. I ask you to contact your legislature and makea statement, regardless of your stance. Something must be said.

But the laws will not be changed here.

I am a Knight and I am Ordained. My responsibilities are greated than my own pain, and I have pledged to serve the Temple. While we are all bruised and bleeding, while we are all too raw to hear, go out and heal.

Yes, there is a discussion to be had. Yes, I do believe in the rightness of my convictions, and I will make my voice heard in the appropriate context.

But today, I ask you to set the fight aside. Today, be the clergy I believe you to be. Do not engage in these petty fights. They are only the paroxysms of grief. Speak to the pain. Speak to the fear. Listen.

It is a sacrifice, I know. We can reach out to each other as well, but be bigger than your own grief, at least while in these halls.

Thank you. Thank you for your service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Jestor, Proteus, Ben, rugadd and 17 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #244798 by
I know i am not clergy , but i love you all anyway, wise words Cabur x

Beating heart
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #244799 by
Eloquent as always, Cabur. Thank you for this.

More
7 years 9 months ago #244802 by Leah Starspectre
A hundred million thank yous!!!

I've been struggling with how to respond to this. My Facebook friends list is full of members of the LGBT community and SJWs who are enraged and in pain. I haven't been sure if I should join my friends in their grief and anger in solidarity, or to say nothing at all.

I feel like this is a reasonable and compassionate option :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #244803 by
Thank you for this. I hope we can all agree not to argue pettily about the who, the what, and the why of what happened, or the bashing of others in blame, but rather discuss what we can do to prevent it happening again, and/or (especially) what we can do to help those that are in need right now.

Personally, I will speak peace to those that are discussing it, pulling the focus away from their anger or intolerance back to those that are suffering from what happened. And as a nursery school teacher, I will teach acceptance of those around us and teach ways to act kindly when faced with upset or difference.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #244812 by
Emotion, yet peace. Thank you for the reminder, Cabur.

Time to Jedi-up and be the instruments of peace we are meant to be. We must let our light shine so that others may find their way through darkness. I'm reminded of our Teachings, especially these few.

2. Jedi maintain a clear mind; which can be achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become unduly troubled and concerned with the happenings of the world. We must work on overcoming our individual issues through training and diligence.

12. Jedi believe that love and compassion are central to their lives. We must love and care for each other as we must love and care for ourselves; by doing this we envelop all life in the positivity of our actions and thoughts. We are providers and beacons of hope.

14. Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony.

More
7 years 9 months ago #244906 by Rosalyn J
Thank you Cabur.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #244985 by
Cabur, you don't know how timely these words are for me, this week.

Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #245006 by
Everyday you inspire me Master Cabur, but today you inspire me more!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #245081 by
Very well said. A lot more listening and a lot less arguing seems like it would go a long way in most situations.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi