• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #96842 by
jestor wrote a sermon recently and he addressed how the bible is crap

I couldn't agree with him more

it is mostly crap

but that might come as a suprise considering I am Orthodox

but that confusion only gets worse when you see me reccomend the satanic bible ( it's a great book, really good)

but back to the Bible, I like the Gospel, I am almost in tears at times when I read about how loving Christ was.

but some parts are like......seriously??

and there is a reason for this

like actual fact in history to why some parts just....suck.

how about I give you a link to the videos that shows exactly why

this guy is a good friend and he is also Orthodox and reccomends the Satanic Bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzroOzetbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6whFhHZnL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm_o7DrU_7Q

I have my own research and corrobation to back up what he says and he has research for himself

but I think this guy is a great insight on how to be an intelligent yet spiritual person

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #96843 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsuOWLdf8hY

this is the video he reccomends the satanic bible

I honestly think it's a good book

More
11 years 1 month ago #96847 by Br. John
http://www.thesatanicbiblefree.com/

This has quick references to some main points as well as the entire text.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #96848 by

Br. John wrote: http://www.thesatanicbiblefree.com/

thanks, Lavey provided a great insight

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #96868 by RyuJin
i have the laveyan bible and have read it a few times...his insights may be great or new to those that have never spent time in the shadows observing human nature...i have...and still do...so they're not really all that insightful to me...more like common sense...there were numerous times while reading it i would stop and think "well duh"...i've been to numerous christian churches...and read their bibles...never once did i find anything in them fascinating nor believable...there was never a catharsis or a "wow" moment for me...perhaps because of my childhood...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #96895 by

RyuJin wrote: i have the laveyan bible and have read it a few times...his insights may be great or new to those that have never spent time in the shadows observing human nature...i have...and still do...so they're not really all that insightful to me...more like common sense...there were numerous times while reading it i would stop and think "well duh"...i've been to numerous christian churches...and read their bibles...never once did i find anything in them fascinating nor believable...there was never a catharsis or a "wow" moment for me...perhaps because of my childhood...

I will admit I had those moments with Lavey too, but by great insight I really meant unexplored, or an insight that people just don't talk about.

and I can agree with you on that for parts of the Bible, it's why I just can't take most Protestants (except for some anglicans, but there are a few anglicans...) they build up the Bible as God themself, to the point of worshipping it. None of them had a Cartharsis for me, either but it gave me an idea and told me I needed to find a passion for it, then I heard about Francis of Assissi, and he had some passion for love and peace

The Bible is good, IF it has something else

personally I would reccomend the writings of Ignatius of Antioch (his letters to the romans, especially)

or the Didache, that is a really good book.

to be honest, the "wow" moment for me with the bible

was the scene in the simpsons Movie, where Homer flips through the Bible screaming "this book doesn't have any answers" because it doesn't really.

for me it had a story and a symbol, but scarce passion or answers

if you look at how the saints see it, you can find that

just don't go to Augustine, Aquinas and some of the works of Bonaventure

and keep the hell away from Calvin, he was a psychopathic idiot

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #96918 by

I learned a lot from that book. Some things I learned from his text verbatim... some I learned were things I HAD been doing that I shouldn't do anymore, because I now realize more completely about them.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #97037 by

Connor Lidell wrote:

I learned a lot from that book. Some things I learned from his text verbatim... some I learned were things I HAD been doing that I shouldn't do anymore, because I now realize more completely about them.

I agree with you, his views were far from correct at times

but never the less, his insight is welcome

More
11 years 1 month ago #97312 by Zanthan Storm
It is interesting.

Just in reference to that the bible has no answers. To a point I would agree. However; what you get from a story, or a collection of stories is dependent on the attitude of the reader. Any bible is just that, a collection of stories. Stories have, through our history, been used to teach morals, values, and other lessons. While there are some lessons in every book that don't apply, I think there is some very good lessons, in the book.

That being said, the bible half the time makes my brain hurt. It is monotonous and frustrating at times. The questions it inspires in my brain makes me cringe at times. However, I have this question to pose....

What is life without questions to answer? We humans, even lazy ones, get curious....

Im glad the whole text was posted, Kudos to John. I enjoy, to be honest, reading different points of view and different beliefs.

Just my tired two cents worth.

MTFBWYAAF

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107030 by
Replied by on topic the bible..............*sighs*
trying to seperate myself from the previous frustration of impatience that I had when I posted the original post here, the bible is mainly a story book (Old testament), a book with great poetry and symbolism, with beautiful stories and lessons to be learnt, when it isn't a story, it is an abstract form of philosophy or meaning that is supposed to teach you a lesson every time you read it.

I am not arguing against the bible, but like philosophy, I was arguing against the reactions of:
- Claiming the Bible is pure divine text ( sometimes the claim of "only divine text")
- Taking every single word of the Bible as truth or literal meaning

both reactions don't hold true to the original meaning or motivation of the Bible.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi