Didgeridoo therapy

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8539 by
Didgeridoo therapy was created by
I have a friend that was married into an aboriginal family from Australia.
Even though I have never met an aboriginee, I feel they are a fascinating tribe. So I did a little research on them and found that instrument \"didgeridoo\" they play, can be used for meditation and healing.

How the didgeridoo can help to heal and meditate.
The sustained vibrations of the didgeridoo affect both the player and the immediate environment. A prolonged performance can create a meditative 'theta' rhythmic state of consciousness for the player which is allied to the Aboriginal 'dreaming' state, allowing information to be received intuitively which is normally inaccessible in the 'beta' or thinking state. Healing may be accomplished with its correct use.

I am interested in experimenting with this to aid in my meditations. I thought would be able to help others. MTFBWY and the aboriginal people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8541 by
Replied by on topic Re:Didgeridoo therapy
Sound Frequencies Healing - Sounds Wave Healing
We can say that everything is made up of energy at various frequencies, that all things in nature vibrate to sound, light, color and resonate to same frequencies. Sound frequencies effect everything about us and correct vibrational frequencies can be used to heal and balance our bodies.
The body is just energy vibrating at different rates and frequencies. The chakra's, bones, systems, organs, tissues, all possess a different resonant frequencies and are all vibrating at different rates creating a unique sound. Each person has a unique matrix of frequencies and tones, just like their own signature sound frequency.

When an organ or part of the body is vibrating out of tune or non harmoniously, it is called \"dis-ease\" or disease. Sound healing is all about identifying which frequencies are causing imbalance by being dissonant, out of balance, weak or diffused.
Sound healing works on the belief that the human body is not solid. Rather it is energy that is held together by sound. Any disease therefore indicates that some sound has gone out of tune. Sound is used in many forms to heal and balance energies, each chakra relates to a musical note and each color corresponds to one of the charka in our body.

No Chakra Note Color
7 Crown B /si Violet
6 Third Eyes /Brown A /la Indigo
5 Throat G /sol Blue
4 Heart F /fa Green
3 Solar E /mi Yellow
2 Sacral D /re Orange
1 Root C /do Red

Ancient Cultural and Sacred Sounds
Many ancient cultures recognize the importance of music and sound as a healing power.

*The Tibetans still use bells, chimes, bowls, and chanting as the foundation of their spiritual practice.
*In Indonesian traditional thinking, the Game lan is sacred and is believed to have supernatural power. The Gamelan, Gong and drum are used in ceremonies to uplift and send messages.
*The Australian Aboriginals and Native American shamanism use vocal toning and repetitive sound vibration with instruments created from nature in sacred ceremony to adjust any imbalance of the spirit, emotions or physical being.
*In Ancient Egypt, the Priests knew how to use vowel sounds to resonate their energy centers or chakra's. There is a direct link between different parts of the body and specific sounds.

I pasted this from www.didgeswedoo.com.au/aborigine.html

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #8546 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Didgeridoo therapy
Decimus wrote:

Sound Frequencies Healing - Sounds Wave Healing
We can say that everything is made up of energy at various frequencies, that all things in nature vibrate to sound, light, color and resonate to same frequencies. Sound frequencies effect everything about us and correct vibrational frequencies can be used to heal and balance our bodies.
The body is just energy vibrating at different rates and frequencies. The chakra's, bones, systems, organs, tissues, all possess a different resonant frequencies and are all vibrating at different rates creating a unique sound. Each person has a unique matrix of frequencies and tones, just like their own signature sound frequency.

When an organ or part of the body is vibrating out of tune or non harmoniously, it is called \"dis-ease\" or disease. Sound healing is all about identifying which frequencies are causing imbalance by being dissonant, out of balance, weak or diffused.
Sound healing works on the belief that the human body is not solid. Rather it is energy that is held together by sound. Any disease therefore indicates that some sound has gone out of tune. Sound is used in many forms to heal and balance energies, each chakra relates to a musical note and each color corresponds to one of the charka in our body.

No Chakra Note Color
7 Crown B /si Violet
6 Third Eyes /Brown A /la Indigo
5 Throat G /sol Blue
4 Heart F /fa Green
3 Solar E /mi Yellow
2 Sacral D /re Orange
1 Root C /do Red

Ancient Cultural and Sacred Sounds
Many ancient cultures recognize the importance of music and sound as a healing power.

*The Tibetans still use bells, chimes, bowls, and chanting as the foundation of their spiritual practice.
*In Indonesian traditional thinking, the Game lan is sacred and is believed to have supernatural power. The Gamelan, Gong and drum are used in ceremonies to uplift and send messages.
*The Australian Aboriginals and Native American shamanism use vocal toning and repetitive sound vibration with instruments created from nature in sacred ceremony to adjust any imbalance of the spirit, emotions or physical being.
*In Ancient Egypt, the Priests knew how to use vowel sounds to resonate their energy centers or chakra's. There is a direct link between different parts of the body and specific sounds.

I pasted this from www.didgeswedoo.com.au/aborigine.html

To this I would like to add the Gregorian Chants of Christian Monks.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8548 by Jon
\"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just, and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate and eternal form.\"
-Plato

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8549 by Jon
Biologically our nerve fibers are to be found in our organ responsible for the immune system. There is a direct link between a person’s thoughts, attitudes, perceptions, and emotions, and the health of the immune system. Through music we can contribute to the health of our body, mind and spirit.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 5 months ago #8569 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:Didgeridoo therapy
There's and old saying, \"Music sooths the soul of the savage beast\".

Well we're not beasts but I like to listen to those tapes and CD's you see at Wal_mart, Target, etc. of nature to different types of music and some instrumentals.... Jazz Loons for one, Wolf howls set to music, Native American flutes, Celtic music, soft soothing music that lets my mind just calm as I am meditating.

I've listened to Didgeridoo, it almost helps me think of humming or chanting at times.....

Music is the gift of the Angels..... My mother would tell me as a child....

Let's share more types of music.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi