Blessing Holy Water

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8455 by
Blessing Holy Water was created by
The Order of Blessing Holy Water

Holy Water is blessed before the High Mass or Parish Mass on Sundays, (Holy Water may be blessed at other times also) by means of the following ancient exorcisms and prayers. When salt and the water to be blessed have been made ready in the sacristy, the Minister who is going to say Mass, wearing an alb, or surplice and stole, says:

Our help is in the name of the Lord. Who made heaven and earth

(He/She then begins the exorcism of the salt)

I EXORCIZE thee, created element of salt, by the living God, by the true God, by the holy God, by God Who by the hand of Eliseus the prophet mingled thee with water in order that the barrenness thereof might be healed; that thou mayest be made salt from which the evil spirit hath been cast forth for the health of the faithful, and mayest bring to all who partake of thee health of soul and body: and that there may be banished from the place in which thou shalt be sprinkled, every kind of hallucination and wickedness, or craft of devilish deceit, and every unclean spirit, in the name of Him Who will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. AMEN

Let us pray.----We humbly entreat, O God, Thy boundless mercy and love for us, to bless and hallow this created element of salt, which Thou hast given to mankind for health of mind and body to all who partake of it, and that everything touched or sprinkled with it may be freed from all uncleanness, and from all assaults of wicked spirits. Through our Lord.

(Exorcism of the water)

I EXORCIZE thee, created element of water, in the name of God the Father almighty, and in the name of Jesus Christ His Son our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Ghost; that thou mayest be made water from which the evil spirit hath been driven out for the banishment of every power of the enemy, that thou mayest be able to uproot and cast out entirely that enemy himself, together with his rebel angels, by the power of the same Lord Jesus Christ, Who will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. AMEN

Let us pray.---O God, Who for the salvation of the human race did ordain Thy greatest Sacraments in the substance of water; graciously hearken to our prayers, and impart to this element which hath in manifold ways been purified, Thy power and blessing; so that this creature of Thine may be used in Thy mysteries and endowed with divine grace to drive away devils and to cast out diseases; that whatever in the houses or possessions of the faithful shall be sprinkled by this water, may be freed from everything unclean and hurtful. Let no spirit of pestilence or baleful breath abide therein. Let all the snares of the enemy who lieth in wait for us be driven forth, and let everything that threateneth the safety or peace of the dwellers therein be banished by the sprinkling of this water: so that the health which they seek by calling upon Thy holy name may be guarded from all assault. Through our Lord.

(Here the minister shall put salt thrice in the water crosswise, saying, once only)

Let salt and water be mingled together in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. AMEN. The Lord be with you. And with thy spirit.

Let us pray.---O God, the giver of invincible strength and king of irresistible power, ever wonderful in triumph, Who holdest in check the power of the enemy, Who overcomest him fiercely going about as a roaring lion, Who by Thy might gainest the victory over all his guile: we humbly pray and beseech Thee, O Lord, to look upon this Thy creation of salt and water, to bless it in Thy mercy and hallow it with the dew of Thy loving kindness: that wherever it shall be sprinkled and Thy holy name shall be invoked in prayer, every assault of the unclean spirit may be baffled, the poison of the serpent cast out, and the presence of the Holy Ghost everywhere vouchsafed to us who entreat Thy mercy. Through our Lord...in the unity of the same Holy Ghost. AMEN.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8458 by
Making of the holy water

You take now two little bowls, which you have placed, on the altar before. One is filled with salt, the other one with water.

Now take the bowl filled with salt and say:

SALT SPIRIT, I CONJURE YOU GIVE THIS SALT NOW MAGICAL POWER

LET IT SHINE WITH GODLY SPLENDOR TO COMPETE THE LOWER

EXORCISE THE BAD INFLUENCES OUT OF IT

AND KEEP ONLY THE POSITIVE ONES IN THE SALT GRIT

I CONJURE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT

EXPEL THE DEVILISH BEAST OUT OF IT NOW ONCE AND FOR ALL

IN ALL HIS FORMS AND WITH ALL HIS NAMES BIG OR SMALL

I CONJURE YOU, SO BE IT. AMEN

Now take the bowl filled with water and say:

WATER SPIRIT, I CONJURE YOU GIVE THIS WATER NOW MAGICAL POWER

TO PUT OUT THE BAD INFLUENCES OF THE LOWER

LOAD THIS WATER NOW WITH GODLY POWER OF PURIFICATION

TO MAKE THE EVIL ONES FEAR AND STOP THEIR TEMPTATION

I CONJURE YOU IN THE NAME OF OUR FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT!

EXPEL THE DEVILISH BEAST OUT OF IT

IN ALL HIS FORMS AND WITH ALL HIS NAMES BIG OR SMALL

ONCE AND FOR ALL

I CONJURE YOU, SO BE IT. AMEN

Sprinkle the salt now into the water by ways of making crosses and then hold the bowl with both hands and say:

WATER AND SALT I UNITE YOU AND BE LOADED NOW WITH EXORCISING POWER AND LIGHT

THIS I CONJURE YOU WITH ALL MY WHITE CRAFT BY DAY OR NIGHT

I EXORCISE THIS SACRED BREW NOW

TO MAKE IT PURIFY AGAINST ALL EVIL ANYHOW

LIKE THE SUN AND THE MOON

THEY WILL BECOME TWO LOVERS AT THE SAME SOURCE SOON

NO DEVILS POWER WILL BE ABLE TO RESIST IT

BECAUSE IT'S PREPARED IN GOD’S NAME AND WITH HIS SPIRIT

THE EVIL HAS MANY NAMES WE DON'T KNOW THEM ALL

BUT WITH THIS SALT AND WATER WE WILL COMPETE THEM WITH A WATERFALL

SO BE IT. AMEN

Please Log in to join the conversation.