No one was supposed to die.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7530 by
No one is supposed to die at a Christian camp. No one is supposed to die from a simple game shooting foam rockets at each other, they are too soft. But someone did. We were playing a game of Foam Rockets and someone had a heart attack, the field was cleared, and CPR was begun. I found myself praying harder for this kid that I did not know then I had prayed for awhile. Suddenly thie book I am writing, homework, selling our house, having fun, paintball, Jediism, and all the petty things I was planning two seconds earlier did not matter. Two minutes passed, I prayed harder. Five minutes passed and I began to worry. It was ten minutes before the ambulance arrived. Then I heard the Camp director tell the ambulance driver that the kid had no pulse since he went down. With all the reading I had done, I knew their was little hope for this kid, and that if by some miracle he survived he would be virtually brain-dead. The ambulance drivers loaded him up and drove him off. It hit me hard, this kid is dead. It turned out that, thank God, that the camp had done this to show how imminent death could be. How in one unexpected instance, someone might have a heart attack, and how we might have passed by him in the halls of our schools or workplaces, and never have told him one word about Christ.

This drama actually hit me hard, I don’t have time to ease people into belief in Christ and the Force, I don’t have time to be diplomatic, I don’t have time to sit here and say it in a way in which I will be liked. We just don't have time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7536 by
Replied by on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
I have had my fair share of life altering expierences. I have come to terms that death is inevitable. We all begin to die from the day we're born.
May I can take a quote from one of my favorite movies Gladiator. Its in the beginning where General Maximus is talking to his men before going into combat, \"what we do in life echoes an enternity!\" Just make good use of the time you do have and prepare yourself for your new journey which awaits at the end.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7537 by
it is right that we lack of time, but nevertheless we have to exercise ourselfs in patience ...

because i'm not really sure what you're on about ... considering this: o don't have the time ...

you will have to accept that things take time, and that changes as we might aspire can't be made within a day ... a week ... or a year, sometimes it will take a lifetime or even longer to teach people understanding what is right and what isn't ...

for it doesn't help if we just tell them, they have to realise it on their own and embrace it as a truth ... or like you would maybe say, a God-given truth ... (just want to say that i don't believe in god ^^ ... but i don't mind anybody else doing so ... it is everybodys decision)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7540 by
Very true. Patience is indeed a virtue, things do take time.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 6 months ago #7541 by Neaj Pa Bol
We never truly think about time in our daily lives. It is a moment that we are a part of. Death does not look at time itself. It doesn't need to. We know that we should speak of our beliefs to others, but the human mind also weighs the issuses before we open our mouths. But we never look at it directly.

What was taught at your camp was a wise lesson, but did it truly reach out for all to see. We will never truly know because we do not see these people every day. All we can do is our best. Believe in ourselves and do as much as we can to show the example, even if it is just one person at a time.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7543 by
I've seen this tool used before in high schools, or at least where I'm from. Random student was taken out of class and then given a sign wore around their necks that indicated that they were deceased. No one could talk to these students all day, because they were supposed to be dead. I don't think they got the results the falculty was expecting though. But I'm it effected some.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7546 by
MY point was more about how we don't have the luxury of trying to ease a person into belief in the Force or CHrist depending on what you beleive. We don't have time to slowly introduce them to these thoughts. But by the far the biggest obstacle in spreading our faith, whatever it may be, is that we as humans like to be liukmed, so we intentionially take it slow so people will bot be offended by what we think, but we don't have the luxury of time to wait and tell them. Suck it up if people make fun of you about being a Christian, Jedi, or anything else, tell others. Share the truth you have been found, for the time is short.

This was actually a excerpt from a book I am writing for CHristians and the hypocrisey MANY (Not all) seem to have.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7548 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
There are also a thousand deaths you can die. Relatives die when loved ones pass on; owners die when their life long companions, pets, die; one partner can die when the others goes away; married die when a divorce takes place; people die when personal memorobilia are lost... . These might not be final in nature but the is always a piece of us which goes and is lost.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7549 by
Please do not take any of the following as an insult or trying to hurt anyone's feelings. That is not the purpose.
Though I think the drama used could be useful for those that witnessed it, I have to make a point. We don't go out and tell people about the Force as Christians do about the Christ. We can share our beliefs with others, but we don't try to recruit like that. We are not trying to convert individuals to belief in the Force. Our belief in the Force isn't going to save us from any pending punishment after our deaths. We believe we return to the Force. We are taught not to fear death as it is a natural part of life. This drama played on people's fear, simply put. A fear of not doing enough. A fear of not sharing their belief in Christ. A fear of wasting time. A fear of death and what might lay after.
I'll concede the point we fail a great many times to live in the present moment. Always thinking about the past and the future, but never happy to just live in the moment. Never paying attention to where we are. What we are doing. The eternal present usually never crosses our minds. We fail to focus on the Living Force.
As Christians, yes, you are commanded to share your faith to try and prevent others falling into eternal damnation. Accept what you have to say or not, that is the gift of free will given by God. But you would have done your part. You told them and then the choice is up to the person.
So, yes, a very motivational drama, indeed. The questions is, were the driving motives of action the right ones or just fear?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #7551 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:No one was supposed to die.
taarndoneeto wrote:

MY point was more about how we don't have the luxury of trying to ease a person into belief in the Force or CHrist depending on what you beleive. We don't have time to slowly introduce them to these thoughts. But by the far the biggest obstacle in spreading our faith, whatever it may be, is that we as humans like to be liukmed, so we intentionially take it slow so people will bot be offended by what we think, but we don't have the luxury of time to wait and tell them. Suck it up if people make fun of you about being a Christian, Jedi, or anything else, tell others. Share the truth you have been found, for the time is short.

This was actually a excerpt from a book I am writing for CHristians and the hypocrisey MANY (Not all) seem to have.

Certainly none of us has the luxury of time. But none of us has the luxury of illumination. The time that others need for understanding has to be respected non the less. For a people to understand sometimes takes generations.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi