This Should Be Christian Not Abrahamic (Yes / No)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #40282 by Jon
As one of the fathers or biblical patriarchs, who promoted the whole belief in monotheism, Abraham (ic) sets a more inclusive concept than the more progressive Christianity which like a branch of a great tree presents one development of the same fundamental. Christianity as judaism and Islam are all 100% abrahamic in origin. Without Abraham there would be no Christianity, Judaism or Islam (at least as they stand now). Contrary to Paganism, Jediism or Humanism, the Abrahamic or Buddhist special study group reflect in their respective names the roots or foundation from which the study group origionates.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Jon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40284 by
I like the idea that was brought up about subforums. As stated by others, that would work for all involved. It would bring correct labeling to the forum without leaving anyone out.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
12 years 9 months ago #40313 by Neaj Pa Bol
If Qui-Ran would agree to be someone in the Judaic Studies, that would be a great situation for all...

Since I have been here since the beginning, I can study, teach, etc. without getting confused... The beginning was a trial... But as we did think back then what would be simplified, we also knew that as items came along we would have to grow with it...

I don't think at this point sub-forums would be a hassel if the Council decides to go that way or how ever we go.

I look forward to seeing more discussion on this..

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

More
12 years 8 months ago #40525 by Eleven
I think it's okay to call it Abrahamic because if you really study the bible (I being of Christian beliefs and studies) from what I understand from the lines of each religion each one spawned from the line (Genelogy) of Abraham. That is just my option and I don't find it offensive to say that the studies are from either of the other two I don't rally think anyone should be. Forgive me if anyone is by my views I don't want to offend anyone here or start an argument. Point being I think it's fine the way it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41118 by
I hope no one minds me bringing this back to light again, but I was just wondering if there was an agreement on the subject?

From what I can tell quite a few people don't mind the fact that this is called Abrahamic, because the name refers back to the origin of Christianity (although there aren't any non-Christian topics)

Other people wouldn't mind having a set of sub-forums (or similar areas) to discuss the other main areas of Abrahamism under the name Abrahamic rite i.e. Judaism and Islam

That seems to be the general consensus that was arrived at (although someone please make sure I haven't missed anything :))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43189 by
It comes to my understanding that this is primarily a site that focuses on the whole and not simply the part.

I think that "Abrahamic" Is very much accurate of the Christian faith as it such and springs forth from; however aside from my personal opinion does it matter? Who cares if it's labeled Christian, Abrahamic, Buddha, Pentecostal, or Catholicism? You know what you are and your ideals do not change no matter what you label yourself as. The reason why war exists is because of separatism. We are all human beings no matter the belief or non-belief. We are not individuals but merely fragments of the whole... and in that I conclude that change is not necessary in my opinion.

This is a rather old thread...

Anyways may the force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44558 by
Greetings Everyone,

I was reading through this thread, and I truly think that it would be the best and most respectful way to handle this situation through different forums/groups -- one for the Christian Studies Group, one for the Jewish Studies Group, and one for the Muslim Studies Group. Based on the the faith that a Jedi follows, if any of these three apply to them it would be specific in content, applicable for the Jedi in question, and would open doors for those who were looking for this particular forum to be a part of. Of course, the activity is based on interest; but having the choice and being valued and respected for each person's interest and faith choice is a positive way of doing things. This is my opinion/suggestion.

More
12 years 5 months ago #44562 by Wescli Wardest
I don't care what people call it or describe it as.

I did even notice it when I was looking into the site. I read the content.

I do not put much stock into labels. Many things are labeled something they really aren't. If what religion we are must have a name (for tax purposes or something or what ever) then of course name it. I know it's already named and that possibly changing the name is the question at hand.

I read many good points throughout this thread, and a few funny comments, and I would have to agree with many of them. I would leave it the way it is and add subcategories for clarification. Even though I know it would be a hassle to add all the subcategories one would need to cover all the different groups that might come here. And perhaps more actively search to find people, or text, that could add “teachings” in the subcategories. A council could be formed for that particular task.

And I like what Kawda Dopor said, “It comes to my understanding that this is primarily a site that focuses on the whole and not simply the part.”

Or we could come up with an entirely different label. One that would include no previously established religion but, as accurately as possible, describe the overall belief system of the TOTJO. What that would be, I would have NO idea! I'm not really that articulate or well versed. But, I bet with some thought it could be found. Just throwing out ideas!

No matter what, I'm here for the long haul.

Monastic Order of Knights

More
12 years 5 months ago #44564 by Adder
I'd vote Abrahamic if its still being considered, just because they share so much content and therefore could add insight to the same topic, in the same context, but from a different perspective. Unless they got really busy where they started creating their own themes, because seperation might give them a better chance to be coherant in their own subthemes.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44582 by
I've liked the discussions and definitely some fun comments. I have a different perspective altogether. I have been Christian and Muslim within the past couple of years. I have stopped practicingfor reasons of both belief and culture. Honestly, I think subgroups would be a good idea although I'd be a little concerned about how many Christian denominations would come out with desires for their own. You could get into a crazy situationwhere each denomination wants its own forum. Really, there are branches from all three religions and it could get into a mess of offshoots. I think if we have subforums under the Abrahamic special interest group, it could just be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam and work with the inclusiveness of those three religions as opposed to the sects within the three.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi