Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Desolous, tzb

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

"did you ever see a lion stretch before taking down a gazelle?" -tallahassee, zombieland-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru
Semper Fortis
Vis Vobiscum

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Meditation (Last post by Adder)
    • Very recent discussion of interest; www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-...ns/115363-meditation
    • tzb, Moderator, Granted, 2016 (Last post by Adder)
    • The Council is pleased to announce that Knight tzb has taken the duty of Moderator at Temple of the Jedi Order and has joined the Moderator team. This team, which is overseen by Councillor Wescli Wardest primarily along with the rest of Council, is tasked with ensuring that participants on TotJO's forum and Chat abide by the appropriate behaviour and courtesy towards each other. Thanks Stu, and good luck :woohoo:
    • So, I really hate exercise.. (Last post by Trisskar)
    • I've gotten more fitness + fun = Healthy Results by playing Pokemon Go :) There are other apps out there too. Zombie Hunter....or....something like that. I never tried them, but I hear it's a great way to direct your focus towards a play mentality rather than a "OH MY GOD this Sucks!!!" mentality :-p
    • What's your Poketeam? (Last post by Trisskar)
    • Quote: So what if you choose no team... in fact are repulsed at the thought of choosing a team? I seen you left the thread...I am sorry, But I thought I would give my answer. I personally find this idea of "Being Repulsed of Choosing a Team" to be more of this Social Justice Warrior nonsense ;) When you play Baseball....You pick a team. When you play Basket Ball, or heck...ANY Kind of sports events....you pick teams. You pick teams in almost any and every game you play (World of Warcraft Horde or Alliance? Horde Baby!) Picking teams is a natural part of the human condition and has been going on for as long as the human and non human species is known. And....It is healthy. It motivates, challenges, and pushes you to your best potentials. Quote: This thread did put forth an opinion that the team you choose could somehow be related to some aspect of your personality I excitedly and with enthusiasm pick teams, and I pick them with the mentality and mindset of my surrounding friends and family. Both with Teamwork in mind, and with challenging ourselves towards new goals (Like power walking circuts to hatch eggs once kids start school....Can't wait!!) I mentioned in my previous post that two of my friends actually picked instinct (Actually its three come to think of it) And despite our different team selections. We walked side by side catching pokemon, sharing tips and tricks, and teasingly jabbing at eachother in challenges on which of us two would take the Mystic gym first. The idea of being Repulsed by something like a Game? Yea...Makes no sense to me at all.... HOWEVER It is not something to dismiss either. If you are repulsed...then don't participate. *Shrugs* really that simple...I don't understand it....But I won't judge either :) Its a game!!! I save my "Repulsed" feelings for animal abusers, child rappists and mass murderers......Thats enough negative and dark energy for me to deal with....don't need it to bog me down in games too. :)
    • Your Jediism "Holy Books" (Last post by Leah Starspectre)
    • Although I'd probably put this in the nonessential pile, I found "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley had a huge impact on my spiritual education. And those lessons would serve Jediism well even if the focus is around Paganism and Christianity. There is a lot of comparative religion and mythology in there. “I think too many people presume to read the divine Scriptures and fall into such terrors as this,' said Patricius sternly. 'Those who presume on their learning will learn, I trust, to listen to their priests for the true interpretations.' The Merlin smiled gently. 'I cannot join you in that wish, brother. I am dedicated to the belief that it is God's will that all men should strive for wisdom in themselves, not look to it from some other. Babes, perhaps, must have their food chewed for them by a nurse, but men may drink and eat of wisdom for themselves.” EDIT: Not to mention the narrative is an interpretation of Arthurian Legend, so there is much discussion about chivalry and knighthood, as well!
    • My 3-year-old brother doing telekinesis (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Despite the finickiness one finds in logic classes in philosophy - to my surprise, I might add, far greater finickiness than in any math or science class - when it comes to questions of possibility or probability, often in application wholly unwarranted assumptions are being made. Much like after one side's failure to disprove a proposition, the other side still has all of its work ahead of it to prove it, so does it not follow from something not being conclusively impossible that therefore it is possible. There are multiple different and conflicting models in possible worlds metaphysics and only under the most naive ones where everything is literally possible by default can we presume that any one given thing is. I do not know that telekinesis is real. I do not know that it could be either. If we want to be really finicky about this we would need to go on defining what we mean by factual or possible and whether or how we can differentiate the two from each other and from their respective opposites. I am open minded in the sense that I am willing to entertain hypotheticals. Propose a definition, give a few examples to indicate its plausibility or usefulness, then feel free to go ahead and provide evidence that your pet theory meets it. It's tedious and to some boring, especially when compared to the alternative "Look! Magic!" approach. Now, all that being said, of course, the thread was not so much about telekinesis itself (we had like two of those with Ryder before, if memory serves) but about the particular instance with the OP's little brother. I do however appreciate TheDude's posting especially of Darryl Sloan. Here we have a gentleman who may not be any more a man of science than Ryder, but if we assume he is being just as honest, in him we see a healthy response to criticism. He goes out of his way to implement at least all of the immediate and obvious controls and safeties and tries to get results despite the obstacles. Basically, at least from what we see, we are lead to believe that this is a man who is trying for transparency and honesty, one who invites rigor and criticism so as to grow all our understanding. Now, yes, we are dealing with a 240p video from 2009, and loud background noise that could be just about anything. We are also dealing with someone who, if he ever did take any formal science education in relevant fields, didn't find it impactful enough to mention on his bio on his website, and if he ever published his results for peer review, didn't find that that was worth mentioning either. So I can of course by no means say I am convinced. But, to be fair, I have no immediate likely explanation of what I saw in his video. To my knowledge this does not look like a quite so obvious trick nor coincidence the way Ryder's materials always have. Before judging Mr. Sloan's display one way or another, or equivalent displays, as it were, I for one would need more data.
    • Free Artwork Services (Last post by Cayce)
    • Hey all, I greatly enjoy image maniuplation, cleanup, and re-drawing. It's part of my current job, and I love taking low resolution images and making them crystal clear again. Because of this, I thought I'd offer my services for free to all Temple members! Are you working on a new meditation video and you need a crisp and clear logo created from an amazing, but fuzzy logo you found ages ago? Did you need a logo for a journal or project converted into a vectored image which can be scaled to any size while being crisp and clear? I'll take a shot at it for you! ~ Artwork Services ~ 1. Image Up-scaling / Enlargement. This is TRUE up-scaling. Example 1 (Pre): [image] Example 2 (Post): [image] 2. Converting filetypes. Any type of graphics file converted to any format you need. For example, .JPG to .PDF. 3. Converting rastered images to vectorized images. Example 1 (Pre, Rastered): [image] Example 2 (Post, Vectored): [image] 4. Miscellaneous adjustments. Color balancing, enhancement, desaturation, etc. Just ask! All requests and final versions of artwork will be posted here for record keeping, unless you request a private alteration, which I'm still happy to provide. Thanks for reading, let me know if I can be of assistance! [image]
    • Something waiting in the bushes of Love (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: just thought I'd bump this up to get it back into everyone's head. :laugh: I feel like this could be the Jedi equivalent of being Rick-Rolled You're welcome Thank you darling , just as i was giving up hope :laugh:
    • TOTJO Clergy Structure (Last post by Aqua)
    • * 'Atticus' moved to the 'Minister' key; * All relevant promotions of rank-, administrative-, office-, and mentions of clerical nature, added. ~ Aqua
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Day 2 What i want to add is that i try to block out what some people write on the internetz , that goes from childish rants to condesending replies to that , to people who i dont see getting involved but who whine about those who do?? They might not have the social skills yet but i would rather know what they have to say than to deal with some peoples arrogant silence , and how exactly do you feel "connected" more? I always thought the whole idea of connectivity is to accept eachother as we are even if we dont agree ? Ah well ,...you get the picture May the Force be with you ALL ( not just the ones who say what we want to hear ;) ) * wishes she was not so good with people sometimes loll *

There are 342 visitors, 5 guests and 30 members online (5  in chat): Alethea Thompson, Guardianofwinds, Joe, Lightstrider, Connor L., Adder, Gisteron, Proteus, V-Tog, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, rrhodes67, Kit, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, carlos.martinez3, Aqua, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, Tellahane, Bareus, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, Kyrin Wyldstar, Rex, Ryder, x57z12, Rahatha, DEEZYGAINS, Soma, Jamiehart93.

Follow Us