Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Previous Master: Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • 'Password protect your kids' (Last post by Edan)
    • I didn't really know where to post this, and although I don't have children myself, it seemed like a genius idea to me.. Whole story here..
    • For the love of analog (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Quote: Especially music from the 70's and earlier, since they were recorded for records in mind. Few music experiences IMO can beat laying back in a beanbag chair and listening to Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars on vinyl. :cheer:
    • Importance in this Temple (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: I have been thinking that maybe some of you prefer not to have a member who has a medical disability and can't think outside the box as well as others may do. On the other hand, the assignments I have completed here helped me overcome my mental retardation though. Feel free to share your thoughts. I have depression and anxiety disorders. You aren't alone. They say 1 in 4 people in the US have a mental disability.
    • Consular, Guardian or Sentinel? (Last post by Streen)
    • In TOR, I chose Consular-Shadow. I liked the idea of being a peace keeper, but also the idea of being invisible, or a type of spy-Jedi. In real life, I couldn't choose one, honestly.
    • Land of Tomorrow (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: say, someone stumbles across such a library and opens a book that says the world will end in a while, giving an exact account and the names of those responsible Ah I see. So, a paradox :) Interesting point. That hadn't occurred to me when I saw the movie, but it was there under the surface. So basically what we're talking about is predestination vs. free will. You think? :ohmy:
    • Musings of a Madman (Last post by Streen)
    • I look at the universe as the breath of God. As he inhales, the universe collapses. As the exhales, so is the Big Bang. In and out, in cycles, as you said, like everything else within the universe.
    • Coping with Pain and Stress (Last post by Edan)
    • I didn't post in this thread originally... and although the last post was a week ago.. today I felt in the right mind to reply... though in fact in this case the right mind is actually the wrong mind. My moods are cyclical and there are some days like today when it doesn't matter what you say to me, there isn't really any coping going on... I get up, I go to work, I sit there for 8 1/5 hours then I go home.. but I'm not really there, I'm vacant.. and the only reason I get through the day is because I have enough will to move myself. I know that time moves whether or not I do, so I move. But, while they are appreciated, no supportive words, no funny videos or pep talks are ultimately going to change how I feel, and I will, and do, cry at the stupidest things. I'm pretty good at hiding it online, so sometimes the person with the smiley faces or upbeat words is not a true reflection of the person behind the keyboard. There is no 'getting over it' until the mood has passed... On normal days I create processes that help with the bad things.. phrases that give me support, I find meaning in what I do so the pain or stress doesn't matter so much, or I look to those I love for support. But be clear, 'get over it' is not always a reasonable response, and sometimes not at all possible.
    • Force meditation (Last post by Streen)
    • Well, my first advice would be to simply close your eyes and breathe deeply, accepting any "distractions" as they come as part of the process. But as I posted elsewhere in these forums, here are a couple techniques (the first, very old, and the second, relatively new): Spoiler: Calming Breath One of the first known Jedi websites, called Jedi Praxeum and run by Kharis Nightflyer, contained some of the simplest yet most crucial teachings for the Jedi community. One of the those teachings helped many begin their exploration of meditation, using a fundamental breathing technique, called the Calming Breath. Basic Close your eyes and begin focusing on your breathing. Inhale and count to 4. Exhale and count to 4. Advanced Inhale and count to 4. Hold your breath for a count of 4. Exhale and count to 4. Hold your breath for a count of 4. Repeat Spoiler: Feeling the Force Most people, upon hearing that there are people who believe in the Force, would ask for proof. That's actually very simple. Obi-wan Kenobi describes the Force as an energy field that permeates all things. Ask any scientist what we are made of at an atomic level, and he or she will say “Energy”. All physical objects, alive or otherwise, are made of energy. Luke Skywalker's teachers, Obi-wan and Yoda, both speak about “feeling” the Force. This chapter is designed to provide you with proof that the Force does exist, and that it is currently flowing through your body right now. The 7 steps I've designed to feel the Force have a basis in Taoist “chi” exercises, and have been tested by many Jedi, and most, if not all, have successfully felt the Force course through their body. Step 1: Comprehension The first step in learning to feel the Force is understanding what exactly you are about to do. The Force is something that is always in you, and you can, by force of will, move it in different directions through your body. The feeling itself can be described as a rush, or more to the point, like falling in love. You will feel light. You might say, you feel "enlightened". The method is about raising energy up through you, and therefore raising your senses to a higher level. Step 2: Breathing Breathing is important in many spiritual endeavors. Martial arts, meditation, etc. Here you will apply breathing to filling yourself with energy. First, sit comfortably, with your back straight and perpendicular to the floor. Rest your hands in your lap, one cupped inside the other. Now, taking deep breaths, inhale through your nose and imagine light and energy flowing into yo and filling you up. Exhale out your mouth and imagine darkness or empty space coming out of you. Repeat that step until you can see in your mind's eye that your body is filled with light energy. Step 3: Focus Imagine all the energy that has filled your body starting to gravitate toward the base of your spine. See it collect there and concentrate itself into a small point of focused energy. Take as much time as you need to do this step and the one before it. Step 4: Elevation Allow the point of energy to begin rising up through your body along your spine. This is where the feeling of flowing energy will manifest itself. As it travels up through you, you may begin to have a sense of elation. If not, take your time, repeating the first 3 steps. You may not feel anything yet, but with practice you will. Step 5: Release The energy will rise to the top of your head. Next you must allow it to break free from your body. Allow the energy to flow out of you, like a river fed by the point of energy at the base of your spine. Also allow that point of energy to be fed by the Force around you, so that an infinite continuous stream of energy is flowing up through you and out. Step 6: Relaxation By now, if you have been successful, you will understand why I described it as feeling like falling in love. Now that you have achieved this feeling, it's time to relax and let go of it. Allow the flow of the energy to slow, gradually. Take deep breaths. Allow the flow to stop. Move your body a little at a time. Because the experience can sometimes be so powerful, moving too quickly can be disorienting. Allow yourself to ease out of the experience, getting up only when you feel normal again. Step 7: Practice You may or may not have been successful in feeling the Force. Most are able to feel something on their first try, but for some, including myself, it took many practice sessions before being able to truly feel the rush. In time, you may even have the ability to experience this flow at will, even during daily activities.
    • A Message (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: It's understandable to think "wow maybe I shouldn't have posted that" but I for one am glad you did. If we as a group couldn't take criticism we wouldn't last very long. It is important for us to hear both positive and negative things about our ideals in order for us to properly know if we truly believe in them. While not every post seemed like a discussion of the actual points brought up in a "Let's examine any truth in these statements" I think that there were enough that we did learn somethings. Wisely said :) I couldn't agree more.

There are 1135 visitors, 9 guests and 37 members online (one in chat): Streen, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Phortis Nespin, Wescli Wardest, Desolous, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Alan, KageKeeper, manteohs, Neytiri, tzb, Senan, Zenchi, shanegh, Cabur Senaar, Dessel761, MrBruno, Loudzoo, Lugus Ogmios, joseaplaza, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Tellahane, Bareus, Htims Giarc, JLSpinner, MadHatter, MartaLina, Luke O, Bear Atlas, Breeso, Voidcub, mar-gau87, McNulty, Dariax, June, Reiji.

Follow Us