Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah, Edan

Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:02 #27423

I was going thru my posts here; as I have been absent of late due to work, home, holidays and preparing for my new career. I noticed my journal had gone amiss.

So let me start again.

Im Mike. My Jedi name is Zanthan Storm. My titles and such are in my signature if you really want to know. I am a Jediist. I am a Christian. My views are altogether rather eclectic.

I became a Jediist because I was searching for something to fill the hole that had been left in my faith. I am a spirital person. I have studied many of the worlds religions and have kept with the one that raised me. Roman catholicism. However, at the loss of Pope John Paul II and my pastor who I had known since birth, I found myself seeking guidence. Those that had replaced my pastor and the late pope did not fill the shoes as I had hoped. There was a hole in my spiritual life and it was very foriegn to me. I set out to find something to fill that hole. It was after I gave up and was randomly searching the internet did I happen apon the Temple.

I was weary of this place, a Real life Jedi temple? Wow. So I joined, filled out the application and started reading. The more I read, the more I saw a simuliarity to the teachings of my family, my pastor and scouts.

I was intrigued and wanted to begin my training ASAP. I began talking Masters and Knights, after a bit I met one that I clicked with. The head of the abrahamic rite. Now Grand Master Neaj Pa Bol or Master Patty.

I am an EMT, I work at a hospital. Patty is a Nurse and her attitude, kindness and wealth of wisdom began to fill the void in my spiritual life.

With each excerise she gave me, though hard at times, I yearned to learn more. Eventually, I was elevated to the rank of Knight. At that time I used my time to explore more writings, revisit religions I had studied in the past to find the connections I had been reading about and find new ones.

I became My Master's Auxillary Bishop, a Jediist priest who assists the Arch-bishop or Cardinal with thier duties and, of course, working with the members when they ask/need it. I liked this job, it is rewarding seeing my efforts bring frustration to some (when I wouldn't reveal answers) and enlightenment to others.

I soon after met my future wife, Mikey, she is a fiery woman of Irish decent that brings Joy to my eyes even now.

I then took an apprentice, my 1st to graduate, Kira. We had been friends for a time and since she asked to learn. I taught her. Only I had the benifet of being in person to train her. I enjoyed it, I think Kira wished I had not imposed such training, as phsyical and mental training are needed.

I became an Archbishop and then later a Master. I enjoyed watching My apprentice succeed in her trials. Such courage had awakened in my apprentice, it is rare, but it appeared.

Soon After I was married, in a kilt. Why you might ask? Because my wife is Irish and im a lil Irish myself.

I mentioned earlier that I am eclectic in my views. I am a Jedi. I was trained as one. As a Jedi, an ititiate or a master, never stops learning. I have read, I have a bit of experience and I have learned that not all life is necessarily good or bad. We all believe in something, or we would not be here. I believe in God. You can call him god, the force, allah, the singularity or many other different names. I think we were put here to live and live well. To be the Best we can, however, one must know themselves before they can do so. I know myself, I am a human man. I am not perfect.

I took the title of Grey Jedi, not because I wish to be dark, but because I see the inherint inperfection in all of us. The capacity to to great good and great evil. I instead of rejecting this, accept it. I will forever aspire to be perfect, to be as Light sided as possible. However, depending on how you believe, there have been only a few in the history of the known universe that have achieved this: A carpenter's son, a prophet, a monk and a few others.

I am a Healer. I believe humans have a vast number of abilities that have yet to be tapped. I don't think we can lift huge things with out minds or the stuff from the movies, but I think that we are all connected by the force. With training, transfer to energy can help with healing, mood and other such things.

I have been trained in some, and will share that with those who wish to learn.

Thats enough for now, if you are reading all of this and made it thru. Well you have a great attention span.

So I am here, I teach on occasion, I will take apprentices who have completed the initiate training and I will have a conversation, give advice and such with anyone who wishes it.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 02 Jan 2010 18:47 #27427

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
from one point of view we can lift huge things with our minds...the hoist was first conceived within a mind, then built using the minds of others...i definately agree that humans have not reached their full potential yet, only time will tell if we ever truly do....i didn't know about the irish wearing kilts as well as the scots...i myself am german/irish/cheyenne indian. likewise i believe we all have the capacity for great good and great evil...having been down both paths over the course of my life(long complicated story there) i prefer to stick to being a good person in general.
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light

In truth, everyone wears a mask. when speaking to others, a false persona can charm, seduce, or frighten. -darth sidious, book of sith-

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Degree Administrator,Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re:Zanthan's Journal - Thoughts of an Abrahamic Jediist 19 Jan 2010 13:16 #28049

So the holidays have come and gone and thus the world continues along.

Recently I started school again to advance my degree. I enjoy the challenge, however the time constraints continue to be a frustration. Balancing work, school and some semblance of humanity (ie socialization, wife, etc) is difficult. Luckily my wife continues to be awesome. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for her? I am.

Im going to start working on a curriculum for critical thinking skill for Jedi. For we are not just Jedi, but more so in everyday life. I am a Jedi, I am also an EMT, A teacher, a student and a trauma technician; these are all different things I am in life, but I have to use critical thinking skills to better accomplish the tasks I have to do. I have been developing mine for a long time, but for some reason, I never thought of applying it to Jedi.

I have noticed much talk about the darkside in the forums. People getting all up in a huff about defining it. There was a few wise posts though. For my part, I claim that of balance. The Force has no color, no intent besides balance. We choose the use of the force, that is where the dark and light sides appear. We should acknowledge that we are capable of doing both great and terrible things. We are all shades of grey, in history you see very few truly dark or light history. That doesn't mean we should be ignorant of our darker nature, but rather encourage to be the best we can. When we have hiccups, that happens. However, we should accept the consequences and try better next time.

Apparently, my pager just off and I am on call today, so May the Force be With you all.
Rev. Michael Ziskovsky, OCP, D.D.
Master Knight of Jediism
Advisor to Abrahamic S.I.G.
Founder of Roseville Chapter of TOTJO
3rd Degree Master Mason
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Gave up Facebook and similar... (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: I think whatever makes you feel like you're making progress is good. That being said, I am of the same mind as MrBruno. I had thought about closing my Facebook account but it is also how I see pictures of my kids that my wife posts and how I share those with their grandparents. I definitely use it less that I used to and culled a large amount of superficial acquaintances from my friends list. My family and i communicate a lot through facebook haha but i forget to check it very often , so that is good i think :laugh:
    • Brother John on EvilTwin Podcast! (Last post by Dechlain)
    • We're all human. We all make mistakes. The challenge is working together to fix them. Nothing tests the strength of a foundation like an earthquake. Let's be kind.
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by Adi)
    • Bowing out of this, I'm afraid. Being more physically active has been a great improvement for me, and will continue either way. Good luck with your remaining days, Team C! <o
    • Church of Jediism - ChurchOfJediism.org Blocked by... (Last post by Brick)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Whilst an incredibly important event, I think it has all been blown a bit out of proportion. Have you listened to the podcast? If you haven't, you need to. He's seriously drawn the temple into it... the whole Jedi community. He's spoken for us "as a whole". Mistakes or not. . . . It's still there. And even with the site edited down, there's still access to that forum which continues to be an attack. I continue to stand by my call that the whole thing needs to be taken down. Act with the acknowledgement that you represent all of us. Not just yourself. Yes, I wouldn't be commenting on it otherwise haha :laugh:
    • Team D - 100 days of discipline (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Locksey ... don't do that. That isn't "discipline". The idea of discipline is simply to learn (discipline just means "learning") to make that disciplined activity part of the normal behaviour. It is not about continuing to force oneself to do something ... As long as 'missed' days are the exception - and we notice the missing - then the discipline is still intact. ;)
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Jour 44 « What connects people is not the content of what they do but that they do content » ~ MJK 11.11.15.12.06 Le corps se meut au rythmes Des courants vus venir de loin : Tandis que la tension interne Des idéaux en contradiction perpétuelle, Le contenu de la pensée Concrétisé par actes Et multipliés par des milliers de milliers De pensées, leurs penseurs Plus pensés que pensants, Les rez cogitans réduits À l'ensemble de cogito Fondu en substantia - - Imaginaire * The body moves to rhythms Of the currents seen coming from afar : Whereas the internal tension Of ideals in perpetual contradiction, The content of thought Solidified by acts And multiplied by thousands of thousands Of thoughts, the thinkers of which Are more thought than thinking, The rez cogitans reduced To the ensemble of cogito Melted into substantia - - Imaginary « Ce qui lie les gens n'est pas le contenu de ce qu'ils font mais qu'ils font du contenu » ~ MJK 11.11.15.12.06 Alexandre Orion 14 février 2016
    • Bread and E920 (Last post by Aqua)
    • Chinese human hair, Cysteine, used as bread improver! A Dutch program, made in 2014, made it to the newspapers.. Enjoy! :) For people that enjoy translating texts here the Dutch links: The tv program: (Dutch) http://www.culy.nl/inspiratie/keuringsdienst-van-waarde-zit-er-echt-chinees-mensenhaar-ons-brood/ http://www.vetvrij.com/broodverbeteraar-e920-l-cysteine-gemaakt-van-haren.html About the Dutch tv program: (English) http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2014/02/is_there_human_hair_in_dutch_b/ Three news papers: (Dutch) http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/-chinees-mensenhaar-soms-gebruikt-als-broodverbeteraar~a3590307/ http://www.metronieuws.nl/binnenland/2014/02/chinees-mensenhaar-in-nederlands-brood http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/22270037/__Chinees_haar_in_brood__.html
    • Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons are More... (Last post by Manu)
    • First of all, I think the key here is that marihuana ought not to be criminalized, as JLSpinner said the penalty exceeds the crime. That said, it is important to remember that as a pendulum swings towards one extreme (that of vilifying marihuana), there is a tendency to "swing back" towards another extreme (sanctifying marihuana), and nowadays you have a lot of people going into marihuana use under the guise of "medical wonder" with no regard to the potential risks. A recent study (cannot remember where I read it) found that marihuana use can permanently change a structure in the brain that increases dopamine (the pleasure/happiness hormone) and thus we care less about what happens in the world. Just something to think about.
    • solitude or the masses? (Last post by Manu)
    • I wonder... if sollitude is so great, why participate in an online forum? :laugh: We are all interdependent, we need each other. Can we survive in sollitude? Sure, especially if you've been wise enough to learn to be self-reliant. But surviving isn't thriving, and while it is important to have time with yourself, it is equally as important to have time with others. The question in the topic title itself is a false dichotomy. You never have to choose between sollitude 24/7 or the massess 24/7. Life involves a balance of both.
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Clock of the moving solstice birds: Sleep wake up now, make your meal now go downstairs now, watch tv now.. a huge clock with to many hours what should I do my hour clock? night comes soon, new chance comes bird movement always in the sky bird can fly, bird can swim walk under water, so much fun what will bird do? Aqua, 14-2-2016

There are 224 visitors, 15 guests and 31 members online (6  in chat): Akkarin, Trisskar, Dechlain, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Metsu Desal, Lykeios, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Jamie Stick, Aqua, Bensory, Loudzoo, Xhaiden, Adi, PowderCat, Tellahane, Jamho Thaber, Ke JinnDakken, MartaLina, Carli, Konstan, Brick, cmwatts, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Airo Faol, Cenrus Kuno, Janko, One Creed, Ryan Campopiano, Riyuma, TheCalmSwitch, jhannuzs, Nophatus, homb-ray, MrsObiWan, Micah K, robdegrey, KyleMichalski41.

Follow Us