Bible Quiz

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #23283 by Br. John
Bible Quiz was created by Br. John
This is fun and informative. Please let me know how you did and what you learned.

http://www.ffrf.org/quiz/bquiz.php

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Br. John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23284 by
Replied by on topic Re:Bible Quiz
Instant flaw, on the very first question.

Any time someone asks \"What's the Xth commandment?\" the answer is dependent on which translation they're using, and which religious group is interpreting it. There are actually 13 or 14 commands given, and different authorities break them up differently. Plus, the commandments are repeated again in Deuteronomy, with some variations.

Several other questions are badly worded or just plain incorrect.

This quiz has an obvious political agenda, but it's also obvious the party who wrote it did not research it quite thoroughly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23285 by
p.s. I scored 22 out of 50, which isn't bad considering the test was poorly written and I've never read the New Testament. ^^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23286 by
This quiz is obviously designed as an anti-Christian thing. Not really a fair test. It doesn't deal with the positive teachings of the bible at all. Just the things that the \"casual Sunday morning believer\" won't know.

I got 48 of 50.

Proof via screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/nayeldraccon/biblequiz.jpg?t=1244188262

I hit the bible HARD after I lost my father.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23287 by
The 'correct answers' are why I walked away from Christianity once I left school (15)

I was raised a catholic and all my schools were catholic - the more they 'analysed' the bibke the more it seemed like a warped disney story to me - to make it worse - when I asked questions of the religious instructor, I was either ignored or subtly told to shut up as i was not in a position to question the bible

The point is (in my view) the bible was written by control freaks for exactly that purpose - to apply control on others - just my opinion

MTFBWY - A

More
14 years 10 months ago #23366 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Bible Quiz
oh well, no surprise...my scores are so low I'd have to force jump to scratch a serpents belly.

That's why I'm a Jedi Knight and not a minister. LOL

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23368 by
17. Oh, well, I've never been able to get all the way thru the Bible. :)

And yes, it does seem to have a very \"Anti-God\" agenda. Yet another reason why we should take Mr. Campbell's advice and read it as Poetry, not prose (i.e, recognize that these are metaphors, and not necessarily actual historical occurrances).
IMHO

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23369 by
Precisely, Dave.

The Bible isn't the law. It's a book. So treat it like any other book.

Take from it what you need to take from it. And put it into your own life as you see necessary.

The bible is NOT the word of God. It is a compilation of works by PEOPLE trying to spread the word of God. Their interpretation is not the correct one, just because it's in the bible. It's what they believed at the time that they wrote it.

Things have changed since then.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26187 by
I got a passing grade.

A lot of the bible is beautiful- I'll give you that. But none of it can be taken literally because if the bible truly is the Word of God then it ALL must be taken literally, including the stuff that contradicts the other stuff, to paraphrase Ned Flanders.

There's a lot of activities described in the bible that would cause anyone attempting them to become either dead or a doodle-less prisoner :laugh: .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi