Abrahamic Jedi Sign In

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235314 by
Replied by on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
I believe in the Bible as well, not just the "red letters".

When a Baptist pastor showed up at our door back around 2000, considering that I was already steeped pretty well in Jedi teachings, I was rebellious. My parents fell in step immediately, however, given that they didn't already have a religion. I didn't get the significance until a few years ago. I've learned a lot about the Bible, even when I wasn't technically a follower, and I'm absolutely fascinated by the book of Revelation. I don't read the Bible, I admit, but I watch services every Sunday and I find them very enlightening.

Sign me up :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235801 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
OK, after discussion its a go for you to start a Bible study group. The only basic rule is that it not become a(n) us vs them situation.... Will be monitoring... Good Luck...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 weeks ago #235806 by
Appreciated, Neaj.

I doubt it will be so much as a study as.. Just a discussion. I will do my part to not let it be us v. Them.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #235832 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
I do not consider myself Abrahemic but I was raised New Apostolic Christian and I do love many of the stories and teachings still. I will be interested in learning more about the Bible and a discussion group!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #236097 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
Roman Catholic checking in...

Well, I was raised Roman Catholic. Not much more than a year ago, I considered myself agnostic. Jediism was included in my search for spirituality. Currently I'm reading the bible independently. Not sure what to feel about it. Some of my Christian friends have told me it would make me undoubtedly believe, but I feel skepticism and criticism toward some elements. We shall see what happens to my spirituality as time progresses!

Needless to say, I look forward to working with any and all members to help them and to help me discover myself.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #236194 by
Glad to see someone else from a similar background... Sign me up!

Skryym wrote: Roman Catholic checking in...

Well, I was raised Roman Catholic.

Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by . Reason: Formatting

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240653 by
Sorry about resurrecting this thread but hey, I'm a disciple of Jesus. That's what we do. ;)
Is it too late to sign up for...whatever the others signed up for? I'd like to be included in this discussion as I too am well versed in an Abrahamic religion. I suppose I would qualify as a "Red Letter Christian," but I'm only saying that for the sake of convenience. I simply consider myself a disciple of Jesus. I see the Pentateuch as a surprisingly complex and mystical set of texts. The numerology of it will blow your mind. The rest of the Bible contains fascinating stories and some very inspiring passages, but nothing really grabs me like the words of Christ himself. The messianic prophecies in the Old Testament reveal much about Christ, but I feel the same way about the saga of Anakin/Vader in the Star Wars movies. The Egyptian mythos surrounding Horus, as well as the Hindu origins of Krishna, all contain pictures and types of the coming messiah, Emmanuel, or the Force incarnate in human form.
I'm totally non-judgmental when it comes to the beliefs of others, but I do sometimes point out inconsistencies when I see them. I think that's why I don't take the Bible (or the Koran) too seriously.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240654 by
I'm no longer involved here. If somebody else wants to take over, great. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi