Jedi Holiday Commitee

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15756 by
Jedi Holiday Commitee was created by
Rich has given me the go ahead to form a Jedi Holiday Committee. The Purpose of this Committee is to discuss Possible Holidays that can be adopted, any who want to be on the committee are welcome, including Sith, I'd Like to discuss adopting several universal Jedi Holidays as well as days for the individual rites

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15757 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
I think this means things like Universal Jedi Day (25th may)

Also potential others may include Joseph Cambells B'Day, same for watts... this kind of think, like a list of days to celebrate as part of jediism

id like to also put forward armistice day, and June 6th - D-Day to remeber all those who died for a belief in global peace.

So keep the ideas coming and sensible

MTFBWY - A

More
15 years 9 months ago #15758 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
Br. John's Birthday, June 4th, is already an international holiday and the anniversary of The Order's incorporation is December 25th so those are covered.

Founder of The Order

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
15 years 9 months ago #15760 by Neaj Pa Bol
I think the prospects of this is good, but it should look at the International List of Holidays world wide from countries and religions to see what Jedi would want to have. We wouldn't want to leave someones culture or religion out!!

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15761 by
I actually believe it should not cover any other religious holidays, but simpy have our own... id like to ban xmas anyway :D

More
15 years 9 months ago #15762 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Jedi Holiday Commitee
Actually I had Sol Invictus in mind when I picked December 25th and you can always celebrate that instead.B)

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15766 by
Captain Invictus of 1st Company Ultramarines is worthy of a days holiday ;) :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15767 by
I'm diggin' the idea. How would this committee work? I also agree it should encompass other cultures and religions, Because that is what makes this Order so great. Maybe something that is universal and would honor everyone's background.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15771 by
Well, let's see... I'd recommend that May itself be a sort of \"Jedi Holy Month,\" as all six Star Wars films were released in May. On top of this (and I hope nobody jumps at me about this), George Lucas' birthday is in May.

It's also the fifth month, and as we have five rites (for now), that could count as something too.

I wish I had more, but all I can think of the equinoxes and solstices, which could signify the balance the Force brings to the world itself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15801 by
i like the idea of a jedi holiday.
But we should make sure it's a VERY important date, and something of definate signifigance for the jedi, or it would seem like a festivus type of thing and be very hard sell.
of course festivus has become a holiday and ice cream so maybe i'm paranoid. lol

what things would occur on the holiday? maybe some sort of special meal? chocolate is always something that needs to be involved in a holiday...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi