[Open Position] Assistant Pastor of Force Practice

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #325936 by thomaswfaulkner
Happy Day, everyone,

The Synod has an open position for Assistant Pastor of Force Practice. Here is the job description:

Assistant Pastor of Force Practice
Direct Report: Pastor
Responsibilities include:
  • understand and be able to explain the parallels to the fictional portrayals of the Force in relation to energy work (reiki, qigong, etc.)
  • maintain records of Force-related training done at the Temple
  • Force-related outreach (distance reiki for people who are sick, etc.)
  • train in energetic modalities those who wish to learn
  • maintain lineages
  • performs additional duties as defined by needs of Pastor and needs of the Clergy

Linked is a Candidacy form. You may find it here .

At this time, only Ordained Clergy may apply.

The candidacy period will close at 15:00 UTC, 13 September 2018.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other member of the Synod.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by thomaswfaulkner. Reason: Formatting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #325942 by Nakis
Question: What is meant by Lineages?

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 6 months ago #325944 by Rosalyn J
This will likely help:
http://www.thehealingpages.com/the-different-reiki-branches-and-lineages

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #325974 by Cyan Sarden
A tad esoteric, non? Have Reiki and other esoteric practices been approved by a majority decision to be part of the official teachings here? Personally I don‘t feel very comfortable with practices like these. I understand and respect anyone who is a practitioner or believes in that but adding an official post for this is a bit much for me, frankly. Are we also going to add posts for the research into occult rituals of the pastafarians and their connection with the Force etc (not that I want to offend any pastafarians, I just took that as a random example)?

I have no problem at all with someone adding a forum for these topics etc. but an Assistant Pastor?

If this has been voted on and decided by the council or the majority here, I‘ll shut up and won‘t mention it again.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
5 years 6 months ago #325975 by Rosalyn J
The idea was initially brought forward to the Synod on March 16, 2018. It was voted on by the majority of Synod ending June 7, 2018.

As of yet, no teachings have been approved in any sort of energy work. Their approval process will be the same as other seminary courses. They will need to be approved by Raxicorico, Alexandre Orion and the majority of the Council. This post is not meant to limit us to any one specific style, but to provide a space for practitioners and those who enjoy the benefits thereof. Like other Assistant Pastors, whoever gets the role will form a team to share the responsibility

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
5 years 6 months ago #325976 by Cyan Sarden

Rosalyn J wrote: The idea was initially brought forward to the Synod on March 16, 2018. It was voted on by the majority of Synod ending June 7, 2018.

As of yet, no teachings have been approved in any sort of energy work. Their approval process will be the same as other seminary courses. They will need to be approved by Raxicorico, Alexandre Orion and the majority of the Council. This post is not meant to limit us to any one specific style, but to provide a space for practitioners and those who enjoy the benefits thereof. Like other Assistant Pastors, whoever gets the role will form a team to share the responsibility

Ok, thanks for outlining the process and the decision that has been made. I‘ve voiced my opinion on this and have nothing else to add.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
5 years 6 months ago #326198 by thomaswfaulkner
We are just under 24 hours remaining before the candidacy period closes. If you are interested in applying, please refer to the initial post.

I'm here and available to answer questions as needed.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person

Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute

More
5 years 6 months ago #326220 by thomaswfaulkner
Happy day, Clergy.

The candidacy period has now closed and the Synod will be proceeding to moving this position to the voting stage once consent to share the applicant's application has been received. Thank you for everyone who participated in the process. Keep your eyes open as another post will be available for the general clergy, LM and above, to cast their vote.

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person

Contact the Clergy

More
5 years 6 months ago #326395 by thomaswfaulkner
Happy day, Clergy,

The Synod has decided to put a brief hiatus on moving forward in selecting a candidate for the Assistant Pastor of Force Practice position until further notice. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via PM. Thank you and May the Force be with You, all.

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person

Contact the Clergy

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi