[Announcement] Simple Oath

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233835 by
Replied by on topic [Announcement] Simple Oath

Akkarin wrote: These changes are due to come into effect on 1st January 2015.
Currently one takes the Simple Oath to become an official member of the Temple - a Temple Member. Our changes will move the taking of the Simple Oath to when one finishes the Initiate Programme and becomes an Initiate.

Adder wrote: (14 Mar 2016)
On behalf of the Council of the Temple of the Jedi Order this is to announce the removal of the requirement for the Simple Oath.

First the oath was used to become member. But moved to the initiate stadium. And now it is not required anymore.. :) If I may ask, how do these changes contribute to the temple? What are the 'benefits' or expected goals of these changes? You make me curious.. :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233837 by
To be honest it isn't really needed. There has been talk of us not giving Oaths as serious consideration as we might as an organisation. Better to have fewer Oaths of higher quality.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233925 by
Thank you to the Council for the consideration and determination on this matter.

I'm glad to hear the news and it gives me confidence as I move toward finishing the IP.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233928 by

Akkarin wrote: To be honest it isn't really needed. There has been talk of us not giving Oaths as serious consideration as we might as an organisation. Better to have fewer Oaths of higher quality.

Oath quality.. :blink: One can make a high quality oath, but the person who takes oath determines how much influence he will allow in his life. Fewer oaths will make remaining oaths stand out more, but I wonder if people will understand it different after this change, guess no one knows that at this point. Thank you for explaining! I hope it will all unfold well, and that the changes are not a waste of effort! :)

~ Aqua

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233947 by
It's more the quality the Temple ascribes to them. Asking people to take lots of oaths can demean them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #233948 by
Less is more.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi