Robes

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201860 by
Robes was created by
I want to make my own robes, but have no idea where to start. If someone could get me pointed in the right direction that'd be greaaat....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #201861 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Robes
There's a ...I want to say it's by Simplicity. But there's a pattern for robes in their costume section. You can also search the Rebel Legion and 501st forums for ideas. I wanted mine to be more feminine so mine's based off of a pattern for a woman's jacket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin,

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #201863 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Robes
Simplicity 5840

McCall's M6442 is what mine is made from
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #201870 by
Replied by on topic Robes
For those of you who are less than skilled at sewing, you can also make simple brown tabard by measuring your shoulder length and cutting it width-wise and then measuring to your thigh and cutting the length of the fabric to twice the length of your measurement for the shoulder to thigh. Once you've got a fabric to the length and width you'd like it, you simply fold it length-wise evenly and cut a head-hole either rounded or V-neck (if you do V-neck I strongly suggest you measure to the middle of your sternum).

With scraps, you can cut a length of fabric to make a tie-belt and there you have a simple garment which gives some semblance of Jedi garments. You can add a hood too for good measure.

Attachment h8912cc5.pdf not found

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

More
8 years 7 months ago #201874 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Robes
Oh dude you need to talk to me and Ryujin. We've studied a lot of robes and have discovered amazing designs. I think we found a Chinese robe that encompasses the jedi-ness of a jedi. I can't find the photos now though...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201882 by
Well first you need to decide on what your robes will look like. Color, style, ect ect

After that its just a matter of assembling the right peaces and the nice thing about that is most peaces you can find already made. I know alot of folks who use Karate Gi's at the base of their outfit, the just wear a long sleeve shirt under it, attach a cool belt, robes....ect ect.

Otherwise...you best get familiar with your sewing machine coz...its alot of work starting just from fabric and thread.

Kamzu is right, there is a pattern - It is by simplicity - its just the average costume design and can easily be found at your local wal mart.

Another great word of advise would be to actually join the groups that does these things for a living. Rebel Legion, 501st, Saber Legeon, lots of Cos Play groups out there that have many neat tricks and tips on making sweet robes for cheap.

Alan Wilson from Akkarian Jedi would know alot of tips.... Did you see his robe from Indiana gathering?

https://goo.gl/photos/FbWuYxMnEY4B8JBX6

Gabrial Couldron makes all of his outfits and outfits for his chapter members.

The hardest part for me is the hood on robes....Those are a pain in the arse to make. Even so, with dedicated work, lots of research and not giving up, you will have great robes ^_^

More
8 years 7 months ago #201891 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Robes
Ah found it. It may have been Wescli Wardest who was in on this thread...http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/105194-clothing

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201894 by
I see in that thread provided that waterproofing was desired....I wonder what would happen if regular Linen/cottan robes were sprayed with Aqua Armor.....

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago #201959 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Robes

Whyte Horse wrote: Ah found it. It may have been Wescli Wardest who was in on this thread...http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/105194-clothing

yeah i think that was wes....and that's still a sweet robe....too brightly colored for me though

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago #201960 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Robes

Kitsu Tails wrote: I see in that thread provided that waterproofing was desired....I wonder what would happen if regular Linen/cottan robes were sprayed with Aqua Armor.....

:blink: where can this magical concoction be found?....i may try it...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi