Logic Puzzles

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195529 by
Replied by on topic Logic Puzzles

Aqua wrote: Time for a hard one. How can it be that there is a empty square?

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195531 by
Not that it matters much, but my results for the areas were 32/32.5, not 32.5/33. Still .5 difference XP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195559 by
another one I like:
You have 10 boxes of chocolates and a digital weighing machine. Each box has 20 chocolates in it that weigh 20 grams each. One of the boxes, however, is full of chocolates that are defective and only weigh 19 grams each. How can you use the scale only once to find which box has the defective chocolates in it?

More
8 years 10 months ago #195565 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Logic Puzzles

Izoshua wrote: another one I like:
You have 10 boxes of chocolates and a digital weighing machine. Each box has 20 chocolates in it that weigh 20 grams each. One of the boxes, however, is full of chocolates that are defective and only weigh 19 grams each. How can you use the scale only once to find which box has the defective chocolates in it?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195567 by

Izoshua wrote:

Aqua wrote: Time for a hard one. How can it be that there is a empty square?

There is a very small difference indeed. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195590 by

Izoshua wrote:

Akkarin wrote: Answer?

Nope. I did consider it to be something like that as well, but the answer does involve using the scale three times.

Sorry I was super silly, I must have misread what you wrote because I thought you could only use the scale twice :P

Answer?

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195594 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Logic Puzzles

Akkarin wrote:

Answer?

You know a better and much tastier way and would avoid using the scales at all is just to open each box and eat the chocolates until you find a duff one :D

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195599 by

Edan wrote:

Akkarin wrote:

Answer?

You know a better and much tastier way and would avoid using the scales at all is just to open each box and eat the chocolates until you find a duff one :D

Oh yes! I hadn't even considered that! :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195600 by
lol, no sorry guys. When I said you can only use the scale once, that meant that you can only get one weight from the machine. No adding or removing the boxes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195605 by
A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why?
(This is one of the more popular and most celebrated of all lateral thinking logic puzzles. It is a true classic. Although there are many possible solutions that fit the conditions, only the canonical answer is truly satisfying.)

Answer:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi