What are you reading right now?

More
8 years 11 months ago #192974 by Alexandre Orion
I just finished "Le Mythe de Sisyphe" d'Albert Camus this afternoon. I have "L'homme révolté" but it might take a little longer to read as I feel some writing coming on.

:huh:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192978 by
Replied by on topic What are you reading right now?
Wow, these are some great book that we are investing our time into.

That being said, the last book that I sat down and read was Hyperion, by Dan Simmons.
I read this at the request of a friend of mine who simply adores the series.

However, as far as what I am studying, I have found an online audio version of the Kama Sutra that I have been listening to.
It's quite insightful.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192996 by

Attachment hf513892.pdf not found

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #193223 by
A page or two of this almost everyday....

http://www.taowoods.org/quote/index.htm?focus=13

It's made a great difference in my life and can't recomend it enough!

I'm also reading Game of Thrones book 5

and Power Hold'em StrategyPaperback– Daniel Negreanu(Author)

I enjoy diversity. :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #193363 by Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #194876 by
I often pick up or find a book online, read a little bit and then put it down or forget about it somehow. Anyway-

Started a little bit of this today! Fluent in 3 months...

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=643&q=fluent+in+3+months&oq=fluent+in+3+months&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l9.1568.5567.0.5737.28.13.5.9.12.0.116.928.7j3.10.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..4.24.988.yCfpxT7XDjQ#imgrc=WlATmv9TI_-UZM%253A%3BXsNfqf8seRSGUM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fluentin3months.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F01%252F3DUSbook-631x1024.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fluentin3months.com%252Fbook-us%252F%3B622%3B976

P.S this is a cool thread thanks, :)
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194927 by
All sorts of things constantly. I have never stopped consuming information and narrative through the written word since the day I started school hungry to read and write. It did not take long before individuals receiving appearance money in the teaching profession did their best to ruin my education, curiosity, and thirst for learning.
I managed to read on LSD. I lost the ability to read for a short while incarcerated in the state mental health system and then imprisoned chemically. The force keeps flowing and we find the will to live and love even when those around us are dying like flies.
Reading is one of my strongest links to the force; a higher power of love and hope. Professionals who have only used their training for advance in status or finance have fallen and more will fall. Life is about learning and whilst we have all sorts of media... the written word and the love of language goes through from the sacred order of druids and bards to custodians of the word like Hunter S Thompson.

No point being a great fighter if I don't study and meditate. Martial arts only goes so far without meditation and spirituality. Funny how people graduate from tertiary education and get profession... only to chase money (and sex). My understanding of graduating was that I had attained and demonstrated an ability to have a method of beginning my education. One must love the laziness out there demanding recognition not only for things that they have not done.... but also things that they are probably barely literate to read.

May the force be with you ;)

More
8 years 10 months ago #195004 by Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195005 by
I've been reading A Chinese Wonder Book By Norman Hinsdale Pitman to my kids at bedtime. So far, I've read from the book "The Golden Beetle or Why the Dog Hates the Cat", "The Great Bell", and "The Strange Tale of Doctor Dog". They love it, so far.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195189 by

Pohl, Frederik - Gateway

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi