Rewrite the Bible?

More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #189695 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rewrite the Bible?

steamboat28 wrote:

Kamizu wrote: That's why I think it'd be better to rewrite it. Our nature hasn't changed, but the life and culture of the US of today is vastly different than the life and culture of the Middle East 4,000 years ago. Jesus washed feet. Big deal? Actually it was. But you have to know the culture and history of the area to understand why people were flipping out about it. Maybe he washed their car instead? haha no idea. But that's why I think a group of people who know the history and culture could better rewrite it for today. I think the myths are there, and they're wonderful. The spirit of the message really does pertain to today, but without being a historian, I feel a lot of the impact is missing. But make a new New King James Version with Jesus walking the streets of New York today. ...although I think the troubles will come with the whole crucifixion thing haha. We really don't have the same kind of executions that could reflect near the kind of suffering crucifixion inflicts.

Pick three stories you like, and I'll make it my weekend project.

since no one else seems to be taking you up on it, and minus any kind of time expectations, if you get the feeling for it id personally love a jonah/jonas and the whale update
in a way, i feel that story pretty well encompasses the "spiritual crisis" of our era

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi