Daredevil anyone?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #188457 by
Daredevil anyone? was created by
Has anyone else watched Netflix's Daredevil series yet? I find that it does a good job of discussing issues of morality and conflict within one who desires to help others. Specifically in contrasting the characters of Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk as well as in Matt's conversations with his priest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #188459 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Daredevil anyone?
I really enjoyed it too. I found the portayal of Stick to be very compelling. They handled the whole thing quite well, I thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

More
9 years 5 days ago #189054 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Daredevil anyone?
Ehhhhh, I had very mixed feelings about this series. I really wanted to really get into it, but there's something about it that puts me off. Granted, I still enjoyed it more than a lot of other series that have become popular, but I personally think it was inferior in several respects to Marvel's other series, Agent Carter. Perhaps it was just the convoluted sense of morality in the series, or maybe it was the lack of even Stan Lee-esque explanations for Daredevil's powers - I'm not sure. Fisk especially bugged me - not for any particular aspect of the character so much as I found the character somewhat lifeless, sort of like a saloon facade on a building in an otherwise average "yuppified" residential area, Fisk's dimensionality seemed overly-contrived.

I'm not saying I hated the series - I thought it was relatively enjoyable for a weekend binge when I was cooped up due to an injury, but it definitely didn't leave me "wanting more" as the saying goes. By the time it ended the most engaging aspect for me, personally, was finding out what his suit would look like (I approve, for the record). :evil: :P

Perhaps I'm being too harsh on it, but I've seen a few other people around my social networking feeds saying similar things. Then again, I still need to catch up on both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter, soooo :P

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 days ago #189077 by
Replied by on topic Daredevil anyone?
I've just recently finished the series and I thought it was great. I think the lack of "superhero" theme and "Stan Lee-esque" explanations are a couple of the reasons the series feels more relate-able than most superhero shows.

Warning: Spoiler!

I do have to admit though, finding out what his suit would look like and how he got it was on my mind the entire time I was watching. It was worth the wait as well. :laugh: :evil:

More
9 years 4 days ago #189079 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Daredevil anyone?
Hallway fight. That is all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
9 years 4 days ago #189097 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Daredevil anyone?

steamboat28 wrote: Hallway fight. That is all.

I went back and watched it a couple of times...

Some of the series I really like; I like that it's not been fit into the same kind of mould as Arrow and the Flash, and I really like Fisk and how his story has expanded.
It has felt a bit lacking in a few places.. I can't quite explain, but there were a few episodes where I felt like there was some depth missing; not to Matt but the story itself.
Is it silly that I prefer the 'zorro' thing Matt has going on to a proper suit?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Locksley

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi