Politics Everywhere?

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #186251 by Jestor
Politics Everywhere? was created by Jestor
Split from. Notice many semi-sentient species work just fine without laws/rules

Vagabond wrote: Notice many semi-sentient species work just fine without laws/rules

I'm going to disagree here, and we can definitely go to.pm, or split off a thread if you like...:)

There IS a hierarchy, therefore there is politics...

Pack animals recognize it... Animal wise, its Alpha, Beta, on down....

And, the Alpha in power makes policy...

But, at its most basic, its rules, policy, and politics, :lol:....

At least how I see it...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #186252 by steamboat28

Jestor wrote: I'm going to disagree here, and we can definitely go to.pm, or split off a thread if you like...:)

Split the thread! I has 'pinions!

More
9 years 1 month ago #186253 by a67
Replied by a67 on topic Politics Everywhere?
Loll...
I think, I am going to connect Internet to my main computer.
Going to have some fun to have a better view.
Not always easy to follow with my wanabee smart cell.. :lol:

More
9 years 1 month ago #186255 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Politics Everywhere?
Laws and rules are pretty heavy words though, they are just agreements really. Agreements about stuff which represents how the majority would like to live, so people can focus on stuff they want without having to spend too much energy doing stuff they'd rather not. In effect, the more complex a system, the more structure its going to have, and the structure really is those agreements I'd guess.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 1 month ago #186262 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Politics Everywhere?

Laws and rules are pretty heavy words though, they are just agreements really.

I was just saying via pm, understand the points, remove the weight of words, lol...

Its why English is so difficult... :lol:...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #186267 by
Replied by on topic Politics Everywhere?
Well, it's really just saying what you mean that's hard... because we aren't programmed to necessarily do that, are we?

It takes considerable effort of deliberate choosing to say exactly what I mean to say. (It took me almost a minute to just configure that sentence how I really wanted it presented)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #186269 by
It's easy to say what you mean, what's not easy, is not offending someone when you say it.

Animals have politics, and a refreshing display to not care about political correctness.

More
9 years 1 month ago #186273 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Politics Everywhere?
With no claim to judge languages globally, of the ones I happen to know by any amount, English seems to be by far and unambiguously both the simplest and the easiest one to learn. It is also the most convenient one since so many speak it and the easiest to use for precise message transmission, with a vocabulary up to three times as big as that of some other contemporary European languages.
It is not difficult to say what you mean. It does take effort to find shortcuts without distorting the meaning, I suppose but we can't blame people for misunderstanding our meaning if our words do not or not sufficiently reflect it.

As for animal politics, yea, that's totally a thing. Politics is not something human, it is something social, eventhough I wouldn't presume that hive animals like termites or bees spend much of their day reflecting upon politics or political correctness. It would however not surprise me if in your average lion pride or ape tribe some of the more influential individuals were cautious not to offend either their respective leaders or subordinates lest they be replaced in their position or cast out altogether. Our political correctness I suspect might have come from that sort of thing.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #186284 by
If politics is a form of agreed social management then it seems to me that animals do have politics, though of course not nearly as complex as ours (though maybe ours isn't even as complex as we seem to think it is?). Either way having something such as an Alpha male is a "kind" of political arrangement, alphas even have to occasionally fend off competitors from the same tribe looking to supplant them.

The idea that the strongest (typically male) member of that group is the leader has only recently been abandoned, to some degree, in western history.

More
9 years 1 month ago #186587 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Politics Everywhere?

Akkarin wrote: If politics is a form of agreed social management then it seems to me that animals do have politics, though of course not nearly as complex as ours (though maybe ours isn't even as complex as we seem to think it is?). Either way having something such as an Alpha male is a "kind" of political arrangement, alphas even have to occasionally fend off competitors from the same tribe looking to supplant them.

The idea that the strongest (typically male) member of that group is the leader has only recently been abandoned, to some degree, in western history.

has it been adandoned?

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi