Jedi Community Action Group

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186183 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi Community Action Group
I don't have facebook so can't see this unfortunately.

When you say 'in the Jedi community', do you mean specifically affecting people in the Jedi community, or for people who are in the Jedi community to participate?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186193 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Community Action Group

Rosalyn J wrote: The mission of the group has changed to include community service activities as well as political activities. It reads:

The Jedi Community Action group is a working group for those committed to political causes/community service in the Jedi Community. It is designed to provide information as well as to promote action that inspires change in laws/policies that affect human beings unjustly around the world.

Hmm...

I wonder about the 'political activities'... How is that working out for other religions?

Just pondering...

Being a Jedi in politics, to me, is one thing...

The Jedi getting into politics, is another, I think...

Im thinking on this... Just for myself...

Say the political landmines of "abortion".... Where would the Jedi stand?

A woman's right?

All life is precious?

Just talking out loud...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Edan, OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186202 by Rosalyn J
Good questions. I certainly appreciate them. To be frank, I was pondering some of the same questions as well. This is why its so important to have different opinions on the subject. My hope is that we would follow the tenets of the Jedi Path, but then that is dependent on the particular order/site/academy/ etc.

Its rough, and maybe we don't need to BE in politics, but then again maybe we do.

These are things I also think about. Just to be clear, we haven't taken any action yet on any topic. Right now we are researching just one.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186203 by Rosalyn J

Edan wrote: I don't have facebook so can't see this unfortunately.

When you say 'in the Jedi community', do you mean specifically affecting people in the Jedi community, or for people who are in the Jedi community to participate?

People committed to political action/community service who also happen to be members of the Jedi Community or People in the Jedi Community also committed to political action/community service

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 weeks ago #186205 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Community Action Group
Mmm...That's why I left after joining and looking around.

I believe that Jedi should be aware of politics and their laws. They should be knowledgeable of such things. But I don't believe that we "SHOULD" be another face or number chanting abut the unjust and unfair law with picket signs in our hands (or whatever else is done to change these things). Even Jedi in Fiction stayed far far far away from such things (Unless you count Jacen Solo during his darkie stages)

Community Service however I am all for. As soon as I get driving with my own car I hope to participate more in these.

But I wont be joining anything political related. My view is mine, and your/their views is such....we can't even solve our own internal politics much less state and world law XD

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186206 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi Community Action Group
I wouldn't avoid politics simply for being a Jedi... if I believe that much in something I'm not going to sit by and watch it fall apart. That said, I'm not going to charge in as a Jedi and use that as a reason. If I'm protesting for something it's because me as an individual believes in it, not me as a Jedi.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 weeks ago #186207 by
Which is fine B) as a person no jedi strings attached....if that's what you want to do with your free time. Go for it! I know I've signed a few petitions and help promote the Paw Project (Ban Declawing of cats) all the time :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 weeks ago #186208 by
I just joined today (which means the members there now know who I really am! :ohmy: :laugh: ) and took a look around.

I agree that we probably shouldn't take any political stands as Jedi (because we probably couldn't :laugh: ), but I think that it could be a great hub for things that people think that we might want to get involved in. Kind of a "Look what I found! Who's with me?" kind of place. If you want to join in, do; if you don't want to join in on a particular thing, you don't have to. No big deal either way.

I see it more as a means of sharing ideas and personal causes rather than being the beginnings of a Jedi political party (whose animal mascot would probably be a taun-taun :woohoo: ).

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186210 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Community Action Group
As I have mentioned, I am in politics...

Low level, not a big deal, but not not representing a 'party' (thank goodness, lol), but myself, and my values (which I hold to be part of my Jedi path and values)...

I dig you are feeling things out Roz, go for it...

I too, was merely pondering...:)

Dont change what you do because of our onslaught, lol... Not even all the democrats/republicans/tea party people agree with their parties, lol...

We are just working to help you refine...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Kit

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186212 by Rosalyn J
Like Goken said, I'm not out to command or demand the participation of anyone in the group on any particular cause. What I do see is a lot of sprinkling and spattering of political action/discussion within the community and I think it would be cool to have a place to talk about it, get the support of some (but not all people) in a central location. I really don't want to make any political statements as a group, but I think our effort, however small, will be more effective if concentrated.

Also, this is a new thing I'm trying out. I wont be offended if it falls through. Odds are I will pick up another ball and start rolling with it. I'm tenacious that way :D

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , OB1Shinobi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi