Your meditation routine

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176807 by
Replied by on topic Your meditation routine
I like to make a day of it. Getting up before the sun i will cycle to a place called Wepre Park about 8 miles from my home in the city of Chester, it has an old ruined castle there but they have fixed the stairs so you can go up, up you go and at the top you can see all the trees and the birds are waking up and taking baths in the streams, some times its really cold and by the time i get there the steam is bellowing off me and i know its going to be a good day. ill practice meditation, nothing fancy just sitting quietly becoming aware.
It shouldn't matter where we meditate however, it's all good. :cheer: but if any one does have access to somewhere really old and quiet i think sometimes you can feel that somehow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182919 by
Replied by on topic Re:Your meditation routine
As for standard meditation, it's hard for me to sit still or get relaxed in the fixed sitting position.

I usually zone out in the shower, but for full meditation I prefer when it rains, and to get accustomed to nature's white noise. Sometimes very cold weather is beneficial, as everything tends to be quiet outside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182936 by
Replied by on topic Your meditation routine

I'm interested to discover what routines others here have for meditation

Step One: Put the Kids to bed
Step Two: Plug up the Tub and turn the hot water on to....as hot as possible.
Step Three: Go get a towel, candle, book and bottle of water
Step Four: Dump a bunch of Bath Salts into tub
Step Five: Get in, adding cold water until water is comfortable
Step Six: Take off my glasses and sink under the water until ears and eyes are covered (But still able to breathe above the surface
Step Seven: breath in deeply
Step Eight: Breath out completely

Repeat until relaxed and content

Step Nine: Read a book and drink the full bottle of water (Completely)
Step ten: get out when the water is too cold to be comfortable anymore

:laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi