Your meditation routine

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176438 by
Replied by on topic Your meditation routine
I like to sit in a comfortable place, like doing it on the floor in Seiza position, because I like to do different things when I meditate. In the beginning was difficult, but now it is quite easy and only began to meditate a little over a month. Caught my Japamala and sit always observing good posture not to feel pain later. Every deep breath try to make longer next step and an account on japamala thinking of some personal goal I want to achieve (in my case wisdom), I think the word in my own language.
Before Japamala I meditated 20 min maximum of 3 times a week. Now with Japamala and much patience I can do 45 minutes every day, sometimes even twice a day, but I attribute that more discipline than the japamala. Just know that just meditate helping to control my anger and never felt like smoking again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #176439 by Hitira38
Replied by Hitira38 on topic Re:Your meditation routine
I am curious, I have always thought shaman knew some secret.

HN
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Hitira38.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
9 years 3 months ago #176442 by Hitira38
Replied by Hitira38 on topic Re:Your meditation routine

MrBruno wrote: I like to sit in a comfortable place, like doing it on the floor in Seiza position, because I like to do different things when I meditate. In the beginning was difficult, but now it is quite easy and only began to meditate a little over a month. Caught my Japamala and sit always observing good posture not to feel pain later. Every deep breath try to make longer next step and an account on japamala thinking of some personal goal I want to achieve (in my case wisdom), I think the word in my own language.
Before Japamala I meditated 20 min maximum of 3 times a week. Now with Japamala and much patience I can do 45 minutes every day, sometimes even twice a day, but I attribute that more discipline than the japamala. Just know that just meditate helping to control my anger and never felt like smoking again.

[IMG]I don't mean to intrude but you can read and read and tell yourself your gonna do something but behaviors and habits are a different kind of flow.[/img]

HN

More
9 years 3 months ago #176459 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Your meditation routine
Shamanism:

Warning: Spoiler!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176463 by
I prefer walking medication. I usually walk about 30 minutes a day with a focus on my environment and being truly present with the force. I find when I do sitting medication I tend to drift a bit so the walking helps me focus.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #176478 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Your meditation routine
My routine is here and now!! But seriously, I'm currently playing on moving breaths to different parts of my body in patterns, eg pelivs, chest, spine, feet repeat. Perhaps something like this could follow the oxygenated flow after a maximum intake with focus on the lungs specifically so the mind's focus followed the enriched blood
:S
... could take some research into the cardio-vascular system;

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176613 by
Replied by on topic Re:Your meditation routine

Hitira38 wrote: [IMG]I don't mean to intrude but you can read and read and tell yourself your gonna do something but behaviors and habits are a different kind of flow.[/img]

I came to realize that you are right, we read a lot about meditation, but the essence is the same, however some interesting details you can always find, as this part of the movement and some methods that help in small details. :)

More
9 years 3 months ago #176629 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Your meditation routine
Michael Harner is a well respected western author on shamanism

In the writings of carlos castaneda it is said that the most effective practice for reachi g a state of complete inner silence is to walk, with the eyes set at a level just barely above the horizon but "loose" not focused on anything particular, but absorbing everything in ones field of view from top to bottom and left to right all at once.
Meanwhile listen closely as possible to every sound of the world arround you, while keeping the fi gers clenched in "any unusual position" so as to draw conscios attention to them while walking.

Basically this is a moving meditation to reach inner silence. The idea is to flood ones attention with so much stimulus that the mind has little "room" for self talk.
The aim of this is called "stopping the internal dialogue" and this excersize is recommended
i do not say its better or worse than anythi g else i only say that it has been effective for me.

Also i recomend the SILVA method for meditation. To be clear, i can say from experience that thetechniques used in silva style meditation are effectiv . though the right-brain/left-brain explanations for WHY they work i do not endorse.

east and west traditions often e present different ideas about what it means to meditate
eastern often a state of serenityby letting mind settle. allow mind to be but cling to no thought. let them go.
Be present in moment and present in ones body and allow the monkey mind to settle
chakra type meditate where one focus physical attention on chakra locations
of course chanting meditations such as OM
I have a little but very little expeeience with chants and im sure there are so many more easter meditates

In west often there is direct focus on one thing to exclusion of all else such as to focus on the meaning of the rosary for instance. Rosary is a very very good meditation tool especially for one patient and dilligent to reinvent rosary to ones own inner truths
also western traditions often use visual symbols for meditation likethe kabbalah tree of life which also is very powerful tool for soul growth and character development

Im sure i miss very much
i always thought it interesting to learn fromeverything i can find but i know that i dont know all that much
:-)

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176661 by

Adder wrote: I'm currently playing on moving breaths to different parts of my body in patterns, eg pelivs, chest, spine, feet repeat.

This sounds similar to the approach outlined in the Barefoot Doctor audio books. I use this breathing process as I am doing my walking medication and it seems to deepen my connection.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #176721 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Your meditation routine
My normal routine is 25 minutes per day of mindfulness + metta meditation (sometimes, when I'm really busy, I reduce this to 10, but that rarely happens). I usually do that in the morning after I get up. Sometimes I add a session during work or after work. Those can be "regular" mindfulness or guided meditations. I find my routine to be highly benefical to myself - I feel a lot less stressed and am somewhat calmer - things don't get to me so easily anymore. I understand, however, that this is a highly individual thing and there are many ways of meditating that appeal to different people.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Cyan Sarden.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi