TEDtalk titled 'Discover the Three Keys of Gratitude to Unlock Your Happiest Life!'

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #168566 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewi0qlqrshE

Generally- it sounds pretty simple. It sounds like you can practise happiness or being happy... What do you guys think? Is happiness a state of being- to BE happy?

I think there's something beneficial in being aware of things to be grateful for (even if one might argue that one is almost imagining life to be so/re-viewing life and somehow escaping the 'reality')

I guess there's a choice- practise thinking negatively (and then thinking negatively about thinking negatively hah) or practise thinking positively and see where one goes from there. Does anyone here have much experience with daily gratitude? How far does it go? Can you tell a difference between before and after?

Anyway- that's me just pondering... Feel free to add your thoughts about the video and what she says, :)

(Please attentively watch the video before posting on this thread. I feel that would be a good starting point of discussion.)

P.s. For some reason- I'm not convinced one can force themselves to feel something. So I guess you have to be honest- what are you actually grateful for? It can't be something that you feel you SHOULD feel grateful for- I don't think that would really work... Anyway- just a couple more thoughts, :p
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168876 by

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168900 by
Glad you liked it, :)

I'm occasionally now taking the time to be grateful- not that I didn't before- but the video presents a strong case for regularly doing so, and I quite like the idea of taking time to be aware and grateful for basic (and I suppose complex as well) elements in life...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi