Indefinate Hiatus.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165471 by Kohadre
Indefinate Hiatus. was created by Kohadre
I am Indefinitely leaving TOTJO, obviously not that many will care. I hope you at least take the time to read some of what I have written here though.

TOTJO has issues, a LOT of issues. Let's start with the most pressing of those however, which is the sheeplike mindset of the majority of the members on here. If you are a guest, you are told your opinion doesn't matter unless you are a member. If you are a member, you are told your opinion doesnt matter unless you are an initiate. If you are an initiate, you are told your opinion doesn't matter unless you are an apprentice, and so on and so fourth.

On top of this, unless your follow the majority view held on topics being discussed, you are attacked by members on the forum, and disciplined by forum staff. Often, threads will be shut down without any explanation as to why, although the reason usually leans to being that they don't fit into the "Acceptable Topics" list that is somewhere on the forum.

This place is also so spiritually backwards, that fecal matter comes out of it's facial orifice. People come here seeking spiritual enlightenment and development, and then get so caught up in believing what the majority believes (in order to be accepted), that when something comes along that actually challenges them and their beliefs, they go completely apeshit.

The only way to grow spiritually, or in any sense for that matter, is through being challenged. Growth cannot occur by things remaining the way they are, a catalyst MUST be put in place which disrupts common thought and majority view. If the TOTJO community cannot see or understand this simple fact, their aspirations for spiritual advancement and bettering the world are at least in my view, dead in the water.

On my exit, I will leave you with a quote that I hope you think on for a bit.

“I am not the moon orbiting around your planet; I am the sun that will burn through your frozen mind.”
― Shannon L. Alder

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon, Jestor, ren, Proteus, rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165473 by
Replied by on topic Indefinate Hiatus.
I know how you fell. I really do but leaving doesn't help. Stay and be part of the solution. :)

The only way to grow spiritually, or in any sense for that matter, is through being challenged

It seems you are.

Growth cannot occur by things remaining the way they are, a catalyst MUST be put in place which disrupts common thought and majority view

and maybe that's you.

If the TOTJO community cannot see or understand this simple fact, their aspirations for spiritual advancement and bettering the world are at least in my view, dead in the water.

so stay and help make change

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165474 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Indefinate Hiatus.
As somebody that I think you might assume follows "what the majority believes", I think you are right about some of this. I often see somebody with a view that is not popular here get steamrolled by schooling statements. I am guilty of doing this. To anybody that I haver ever offended in the past with any of that, I sincerely apologize. Your views, opinions and feelings matter dearly. I could do a better job at showing genuine support from them because there are things that I can always learn from them, no matter how much I initially want to disagree with something about it. The thing is, I think people don't ask questions enough, and instead, would rather impose statements of their truth as objective gospel, overruling others' simply because the reasoning seems more sound, or they heard it from a popular philosopher in some book, or because the science of it has more logic than someone else's. We can all do better to let ourselves admit we don't know everything, or to show we are not perfect, especially including myself.

Kohadre, whether or not you read this, I hope that we can do better for you.. and to everyone else who feel what he does, this sentiment goes to you too. You are my family here and I care more than I usually get to show it. If any one of you ever needs me for anything, please let me help in any way I can. I am at your service.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165476 by
I'm sorry to see you go Kohadre, it is always a shame when a member leaves us :(

Regarding the post itself, call me an idiot but I haven't seen the sorts of things you've highlighted (except of course the specific concerns people have raised in the recent forum access thread, some of which I still find unfounded). But if there is a particular problem with the way TotJO operates, then the way to deal with that problem is not by not dealing with that problem.

If one has concerns then please raise them with us in a manner that we are able to deal with. We can only try and help people if we know what their problem is and keeping silent about it is not going to help one's peers.

If there is a particular instance that makes one feel angry or sad or powerless then please highlight that particular instance so we can better understand your concerns.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you feel this way.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165477 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Indefinate Hiatus.
Enjoy your journey.

rugadd

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165484 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Indefinate Hiatus.
Good luck Kohadre, find peace and walk in beauty, always.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165485 by

Kohadre wrote: The only way to grow spiritually, or in any sense for that matter, is through being challenged. Growth cannot occur by things remaining the way they are, a catalyst MUST be put in place which disrupts common thought and majority view.

I agree. Being mindful of one's actions does imply considering that everything one does might be the wrong thing. And ever so often, change is initiated by the people and events that put our way of life into question. Maybe there are infinite possibilities to improve oneself, because no one I ever knew was perfect. However, I don't think that there is such a thing as "things remaining as they are". It's an illusion, because even if you try to be perfectly still, you are still moving. And eventually, change will find you.

For what it's worth, even if we didn't agree on many things, I enjoyed our conversations and think that your threads were the foundation for interesting thoughts and discussions. I hope you find it in your heart to visit some time. I will surely miss you, buddy. Force guide and protect Koh.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165486 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Indefinate Hiatus.
Of course the TOTJO isn't perfect, but fecal matter, LOL. All the more reason for you to get over the stupid bs and stay and push for those things you so strongly believe in.

Regardless what you may think or feel, you DO HAVE A VOICE, use it for more than pointing out what's wrong and then leaving. The TOTJO is not just the Council, or the Knights, it's every individual here who has a voice and chooses to use it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: , rugadd

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165491 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Indefinate Hiatus.
You do what you feel is best. Take good care of yourself. I hope you find what you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165497 by

The only way to grow spiritually, or in any sense for that matter, is through being challenged

My only critique here is i think you're painting with too broad a brush when you say the Temple isn't challenging enough. The I.P. alone changed my worldview and (from what I've read) many others, too. It challenged many things I used to hold as truth.

I'll be the first to admit that it may not challenge others that are more familiar with the material but that just speaks to the fact that everyone is at different points in their journey.

I would recommend continuing the path, becoming a Knight, and then posting or teaching these lessons that you feel will challenge and better us. I'm reminded of the Heroes course tzb is heading up. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi