AmazonSmile

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144354 by
AmazonSmile was created by
I'm sure they notify literally everyone who navigates to their website, but Amazon is starting a new service in which they donate 0.5% of any purchase price to a 501(c)(3) organization of the individual shopper's choice. It's called AmazonSmile, and you can read more here.

I don't see a reason why someone who uses Amazon wouldn't do this, as it's no extra cost to the buyer; it's all on Amazon. I think it's a mindful practice, even if the corporation is getting some tax benefit or something. I saw this and wanted to draw some attention to it...In my opinion it's a large organization taking a step in the right direction, and I was thinking some of you would appreciate it like I do.

Now, I'm not saying anything one way or another, but any such organization (501(c)(3)) may register to receive donations. Even the members of such organizations can choose to donate to their own organizations. If my memory serves, TotJO is one such organization, and could qualify; just as an innocent example. :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 1 week ago #144372 by ren
Replied by ren on topic AmazonSmile
it's not. getting the certification costs USD800 or something similar. The cert is a federal/irs thing, we enjoy that status only in texas.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144373 by
Replied by on topic AmazonSmile

ren wrote: it's not. getting the certification costs USD800 or something similar. The cert is a federal/irs thing, we enjoy that status only in texas.

Bummer... :dry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144390 by
I guess this is only for US people, the website is .com?

I occasionally get things shipped across, like when there are massive sales and it is actually much cheaper lol. But you have to be on that specific website, it doesn't work on 'normal' amazon.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #144440 by

Luthien wrote:

ren wrote: it's not. getting the certification costs USD800 or something similar. The cert is a federal/irs thing, we enjoy that status only in texas.

Bummer... :dry:

Concurred. :P

Akkarin wrote: I guess this is only for US people, the website is .com?

I occasionally get things shipped across, like when there are massive sales and it is actually much cheaper lol. But you have to be on that specific website, it doesn't work on 'normal' amazon.

I suppose so, which is a big bummer. I guess I was assuming they had a spread on this. Hopefully they'll expand.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi