First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Going on a Trip (Last post by Kaverael)
    • Quote: I just spent time in Saint Helens over the summer and we visited Seaside, Oregon. It's one of my favorite places in the world. I hope you have a great time! Travel safely! :) Glad you got out because it looks like it's starting to rumble back to life!
    • 'Mo'vember (Last post by Goken)
    • I'm sure that many here are familiar with the phrase 'no shave November' but how many are familiar with it's cancer fighting counter part 'Movember'? Movember is a combination of the words 'mustache' and 'november.' Movember is where men grow mustaches to raise awareness for men's cancer. Unlike no shave november, Movember's rules state that you must grow only a mustache (the hair cannot touch your sideburns or chin). There's a lot more to it but that's the gist. I was introduced to Movember at my last job and have participated every year since (except for last year due to odd personal circumstances).People can participate individually or as teams. I thought that it might be kind of cool to have a Jedi team.
    • Discussion 2 - Refusal of the Call (Last post by AlexanderJ.W)
    • 1. Have you ever refused the call? Do you regret it? Can you think of a time where you refused the call and it turned out to be the right decision? Yes I have refused a call, and I still regret it every day. When I was sixteen me and my current girlfriend had been dating for just a bit over a year when we got pregnant. After much discussion and tears we made a decision to do an abortion. We based the decision on that we weren’t old enough and that we couldn’t take care and give the child a god and fair life. And I think that it fits to say that we felt incapable to be parents. Me and my girlfriend got engaged and where together for eight more years after that, and we are still very god friends and talk about it sometimes, and we both regret the decision. Hopefully this will make me a better parent when I do have kids. How could I know if a refusal is the right thing, when I don’t know where the adventure would take me or what I would learn? I think that every adventure is an opportunity to learn something, and that it is the force that sets us on the path of the adventure, so how could it really be the right decision to not undertake the adventure? I can only think of one thing that would make the refusal to be the right decision, and that is if I refuse this adventure another will be laid before me and I get the opportunity to undertake that adventure instead. 2. What are the most common reasons people "refuse" adventure in their lives, and why? I believe that the most common reason for people to refuse the call is fear of the unknown. Overall I feel that people in general is afraid of things that they don’t know enough about. And I think the reason for that is the loss of control, you can’t control what you don’t know about. 3. Try and think of two reasons in addition to the ones listed above that someone might refuse the call, ideally one negative reason, and one positive reason. Do you think they are good reasons? The refusal could be that the adventure is better suited for someone else, and that the hero as unconsciously stepped on an adventure which was meant for someone else. And that could be both good and bad because the adventure could be even better for the “new” hero and lead to an even better result than expected. On the other hand the hero who was supposed to go on the adventure maybe “needed” the adventure more than the “new” one. And the result could be disastrous regarding the purpose. The adventure could be too much for the “new” hero and fails and even becomes a villain. To be content with the life the hero already has, not to leave because the life he has now is simply to god and comfortable. The hero don’t want to change the view of home to go on an adventure that doesn’t concern him. This is rather selfish and I would say that it is a bad reason to refuse the call. 4. Think of our doctrine. Are there any reasons one might refuse the call based on something listed there? If so what, and why? This was a tough question and I look forward to read the other answers from other members. But I think that the belief in the force can cause to refuse a call, if the Jedi is uncertain if to intervene or not. If I do intervene maybe I cause myself to start an adventure and if I don’t intervene I might miss that same adventure and there for miss the lesson I was supposed to learn by it. So it is really about balance and as it says in the twentieth Maxim: “A Jedi intervenes only when a Jedi's intervention is required.”
    • Keeping Calm and Centered (Last post by Kamizu)
    • I'm glad you liked the visual :) it's helped me quite a bit and it's kind of fun too haha. I like the idea of making a list. Something that you maybe can add if you want to is write them on index cards, and write how they make you feel and something positive like maybe how you think you should resolve the feelings. Have some fun and use different colors for each? But when you feel you're done with each, destroy them. Shred them, burn them, cut them up into little pieces, soak them in water until they fall apart, but get rid of them in some permanent way. Put some finality to it and let it all go. I've never thought about writing things down like that list before but I like the idea of tangible symbolism to help me :D (...and it's just fun burning things!! :whistle: )
    • Drone Operators with PTSD (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Ren you have no proof to back up your claims except what other people from foreign country's claim. Have you personally been over there and have SEEN it for yourself? If not, you have nothing left to say. I have personally be over there, as I'm sure there are other Jedi here who have been deployed as well. I can promise you, every measure is taken when we engage hostiles. As E-3 says, its a painful reality in war, that innocents may sometimes die, or be caught in a cross fire. It is something we do not take lightly. However, I have personally seen MANY cases of where they use civilians as human shield. Just like what HAMAS is doing in GAZA. As to your comments about the war causing many Muslims to go radical, well if all it takes is for a country to defend its self from radical Islamic attacks, to become radicalized, they were already in the process to begin with. Disclaimer: I apologize if this is considered thread derailment, but I could not let claims with no validation or truth to be spoken of this caliber. So what are you guys saying? Are you denying civilian casualties or not? Because I have a hard time finding out which claim you believe to be invalid, as the only one I made is that UAV pilots responsible for civilian deaths in pakistan probably find it very traumatic.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Day 17 checking in. Today was yoga, 40 minutes. My muscles are in that kind of achy state at the moment from the work I've been doing ( :) ) so it was hard, but actually it was the best one I've done so far. I attempted, and (bar a few failed attempts in which I fell on my face and laughed at myself), I managed to do Bakasana / Crow pose. For anyone that is interested, crow pose is where you lean forwards on your hands looking forward, and balance your knees on the back of your arms. It is not easy and I've failed previously, but the fact I managed it today means that I am definitely stronger than when I started, which is good.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Twice now I've sent my sermon to someone on the day it's supposed to be published and I noticed that it's pretty much not enough turn around time so I'm wondering if anyone has a recommended amount of time prior to the day it's supposed to be published that open sermons should be submitted?
    • Discussion 1 - The Call to Adventure (Last post by SeventhSL)
    • Quote: 1. Ignoring the definitions above for a moment, what does the word "Adventure" mean to you? How about "Hero"? Are you a hero? To me adventure is doing something well and truly beyond my own comfort zone. This means enduring hardship and overcoming seemingly impossible odds. I see heroes as people who have succeeded where I have failed. People who are strong where I am week, people who just don't give up despite fear and doubt. Am I a hero? My two little boys often see me that way but if I am truly honest with myself then the reality is I'm just your average bloke. Quote: 2. Read the definition of 'adventure' above, and your own answer to question 1. What are some of the things you consider "adventures" in your own life? Are you on one right now? What were the "calls" which began these adventures? Many years ago I was arrested for an armed robbery I didn't commit. After three years and a lot of heartache I was found innocent. Another 5 or so years after that and the detectives who arrested me were themselves found guilty by a crime and misconduct commission. Gun fights, bad guys on the run trying to find me and kill me, friends shot dead, a family member shot and survived, good cops, bad cops and what I can only describe as a series of divine events which included salvation via gun jamming, wild storms and several incredible coincidences. It's truly worthy of a book and perhaps one day it will be. For me the hardest part of that adventure was the call. Comically the national news told me that I was going to be arrested the night before so it was far from a surprise. Fighting my fear, the overwhelming desire to run and standing my ground against a powerful adversary was a hard call to adventure for me to except. Thankfully today trouble seems to be back looking for people who are looking for it and I've been left in peace once more with a whole new appreciation for a simple life. Quote: 3. Joseph Campbell wrote: The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure. What do you think the relationship between being ready to answer the call to adventure is to becoming a hero? Do you feel ready to give a "hearty yes" when adventure comes calling? I think you can't be a Hero without an adventure and you can't have an adventure without the call. I'd like to say I'm always ready to answer the call but as I've had a couple of big adventures in my life I'm wise enough to say that your never really ready for it. Understanding the call can be a truly daunting prospect. Quote: 4. Jedi are ordinary people, without superpowers unlike our fictional inspiration, often without the kinds of famed achievements or renowned victories usually associated with heroes. Many of us live ordinary and fairly conventional lives. Why do you think the study of heroes and adventures is relevant to our path? Is it? By studying others we learn from their triumphs and tragedies. We acquire part of their wisdom without ever having to suffer the learning process. In this way we are able to stand on the shoulders of those who have come before us as those who come after us will stand on our shoulders in turn.
    • MJ Hannigan (Last post by tzb)
    • To knowingly allow the other gods to trick Fenrir, no less.
    • Course Comms (Last post by tzb)
    • Discussion 2 - Refusal of the Call now available: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/the-h...-refusal-of-the-call PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE COURSE COMMS THREAD
    • Zen Pencils (Last post by Invictus)
    • I love Zen-Pencils! Especially the drawing with Allan Watts. It's deep...and so true! :)
    • On Self Knowledge (and The Jedi Path) (Last post by Br. John)
    • On Self-Knowledge - Kahlil Gibran Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams. And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes. But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure; And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless. Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth." Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path." For the soul walks upon all paths. The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals.

There are 150 visitors, 5 guests and 44 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Alethea Thompson, Jon, Shadouness, Jestor, ren, Wescli Wardest, Garwa Mayharr, Darren, Desolous, Reliah, discordor, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Clone_Warrior, Arcade, Talariq, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, elizabeth, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, Kaverael, babyblueyes247, AlexanderJ.W, Goken, Targeran Arynal, Aqua, Revan Falton, Jeffery Williams, Rahm Atuc, Oneiros, WhiteRabbit7991, dkiefersu, Mos-An Hobel.

Follow Us