First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Terrible Idea (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • As my apprentice just pointed out, this is not about seducing the masses into a throng of "followers". That would be catastrophic and lead to cultism ; it should not make us proud to think that people would mindlessly 'follow' any path given to them - which, as a more institutionalised 'religion' is what it would come to. I usually do not argue with people who do not want to regard Jedi as a religion, albeit I serve this Temple as its pastor. Religion does not insist on itself, for when it does it becomes submission to authority. Submission to 'spiritual' authority is nearly as close to hypocrisy as one can get ... As to whether we should be doing this online has more to do with what how we live and how we use the internet. There are people who study this sort of thing -- Elias Aboujaoude (Stanford psychiatrist) and Jeremy Rifkin (social scientist), just to name two. Certainly the risks of our "e-personalities" usurping our 'in-person', face-to-face characters is one that we run, but on the other hand, the opportunity to interact honestly and openly with others who pursue similar ideals is afforded to us too. Wherever we would build a Temple, there would be a handful of people in it regularly ; our on-line Temple allows us to be in contact most of the time. The question to probe ones own motives with is : Am I here to be able to call myself a Jedi Master and 'stink of the Force' whilst hiding a life in (according to my insecurities) shambles behind a computer screen, or am I actually, actively living according to Jedi principles and using state of the art communications media to share that experience with others ? Maybe it is a little of both. Who knows ? The human experience doesn't seem to differ much according to demographics ... Nevertheless, 15 years ago, I may have agreed that 'this is a bad idea'. Now, I just admit that it is, it is what it is and I'm participating in it ... :)
    • Duel of the Fates - lyrics... etymology?? (Last post by Tarran)
    • Quote: What? No no no. It's in Sanskrit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_of_the_Fates That's an easy google search. lol. But, the translation is a bit fuzzy, I'm told. But, it's not nonsense. Awesome! Thanks so much! :D I *knew* it had to have something! :D Easy Google search... yeah, my Google-fu is weak LOL
    • speed of light (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • like you said, you would need to find out if light regains its full speed/momentum on exit as far as WHY it would stop at any particular speed i dont have the background for that but my question would be "is the speed oflight the fastest speed possible because its the fastest speed the universe allows? or simply because light is the fastest thing we know of in the universe?" if there is some inhibiting force on the potential speed inherent to the universe then that would be the answer i guess lol - maybe weve got the whole thing sideways and light is the only thing in the _verse that ISNT moving
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Checking in... Ran for 45 minutes today.. about 15 minutes longer than I expected :) I'm getting my fitness back quicker than I thought I would. Best track of the run was 'Pump it' by Black Eyed Peas.
    • Name Change? (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: I know you don't like to do this very often but can I just be plan "Rickie". I choose "Rkie The GREY" to seperate myself from the sith/dark/light threads and to emphasize the ying/yang thing but those thoughts/words don't define me, they limit me. I'm really just plane old "Rickie" trying to keep life simple. Thanks if you can do this. NBD PM me...
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by Baija Damel)
    • Within You Without You (George Harrison) We were talking About the space between us all And the people who hide themselves Behind a wall of illusion Never glimpse the truth Then it's far too late When they pass away We were talking About the love we all could share When we find it To try our best to hold it there With our love, with our love We could save the world If they only knew Try to realize it's all within yourself No one else can make you change And to see you're really only very small And life flows on within you and without you We were talking About the love that's gone so cold And the people who gain the world And lose their soul They don't know, they can't see Are you one of them When you've seen beyond yourself Then you may find Peace of mind is waiting there And the time will come When you see we're all one And life flows on within you and without you
    • Blaming God (Last post by SilverWolf)
    • Quote: I'll try to make this a short story, because there are a lot of details that would make this a novel, so I'll just mention the essential parts. I was in a car accident 10 years ago. After many surgeries and hospital stays, I managed to heal up and start living a fairly normal life again. Then, this past January, I suffered some complications that landed me back in the hospital for more surgery. Currently I am back where I was, limited by my injuries, and bored out of my mind because I can't do what I love. For some time now I've wondered if God was punishing me in some way. My assumption was that he is in control of every detail of life and that he put me where I am now. I wondered, why does God cause horrible things to happen? This question has burdened my mind a lot recently. When I think about disasters, and how people thank God for some small miracle when it seems he cause the disaster in the first place, why thank God? Then I had a realization. We live in a messed up world. Did God make it this way? Of course not. We did that (or some might believe that Satan did). So whenever something bad happens, we can't really blame God for our misfortune because odds are that at the root of the problem is something WE caused. So whenever God steps in and helps, it IS a miracle, because he's saving us from ourselves. That is, at least, how I see it. I was born with mild Epilepsy and mild cerebral palsy in my left side. This was due to me having a stroke at birth. I had, and still have a slight bend in my arm and I the most I can turn my left hand is to the extent of if you were shaking hands, there is little to no dexterity in my left hand and arm. I used to have both petit mal and grand mal seizures. to make matters worse, my left foot turned inward for most of my childhood so I kept tripping and falling over my feet, I was, as you can imagine, teased. My mom helped me doing phyisical therapy and we thought my foot would go straight....then gravity took over and it went club-footed. until 16 years of age i used to have to have training wheels on my bicycle. throughout all of this, doctors told my parents I'd never walk again, never be able to live a normal life. I won't lie, I used to think God was punishing me too, why would God allow me to live? why would my parents want to keep such a child? I kept being told the same thing "God has a reason for everything, and he has a special purpose for you" I never gave up, proved the doctors wrong, I can walk on my own, can ride my bike on my own, worked hard and got a Contract job with the FBI for a short while in 1995. and then In 2006 I was riding my bike on the sidewalk, rushing to get home for my "then girlfriend's kids"I saw the lady waiting to turn out, even though I was in a hurry I slowed way down to give her time to go. Sadly she didn't until i was almost in front of her. Long-story short version : Left leg ( the one with the cerebral palsy) fell off and behind the pedal as i turned to try to avoid her, as the front tire of my bike moved into her wheel-well, the pedals rotated and shattered my left leg in four places. Two aspects of different parts of my life that I should have died or gotten hurt worse than I did. Why didn't I? Blaming God does not help, all it does is allows us to vent our anger on questions we cannot answer with simple logic. It is easy to blame God, It is much harder to see he has a purpose for us. It is harder to see that things happen for a reason. Sometimes, when people in our lives die or people that we hear die because of a natural disaster or plane crash, or whatever the horrific thing was, we call it unfair and ask why God would do that. As unfair as I believe it is, I believe why it happens is because God must make room for the ones that are being born. I know that I should have died twice. It IS a miracle that I didn't and I am thankful that God did save me twice. I thank him each day. He put me here for a reason. I feel he brought me here to learn and become a knight, a councilor, and a minister to help others. I know there are many here that believe differently than I do, however I believe that he has put all of us here on earth and together in this temple for a reason. We may not know what it is, we may not understand it, but there is a purpose for everything. I do disagree that he is saving us from ourselves in some extent. I believe God is guiding us, trying to teach us, but he leaves it up to us to make the choices we make.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Raikoutenshi)
    • I see and write and I read and I feel In some way shape or form these poems are all real I want to convey these emotions that torment Trying to escape from the everlasting present Shying from the past always looking to the future What is going to come I’m never really too sure So I feel and I read and I write and I see Giving away all these little pieces of me I don’t want ‘em go ahead and take some Half the time I don’t know where they come from Out of the blue the hit me like rockets Feeling electrified like my fingers in a socket So I write and I see and feel and I read Looking to myself I beg and I plead Coming to conclusions I don’t want to hear Circumstance leaving nothing to chance it’s all to clear I know what I want and I’m gonna go and get it Nothing will stop me from getting what I’m gonna get And I read and I feel and see and I write Often alone in the middle of the night The poems of these others I sit and I read I look to myself and I sit and I plead I look all around and I try to see Unsure of this thing I like to call me I look inside and I begin to feel Trying to convey all the things that are real So If you’re up at night, you can watch me write Brought on by what I’ve read after I sat and I plead Desperately trying to see what is inside of me Maybe, just maybe you’ll feel, something inexplicably real ~Rai
    • Sithism (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i came back to this thread with the intention of acknowledging my own lack or openness to other views as far as i can tell you and me are not so different in how we talk to those we disagree with except for the fact that you dont seem to realize how full of yourself you are while i do from time to time actually make effort to deflate my own ego and acknowledge that mine is not the only worthwhile opinion not that this makes me MUCH better but in your case every little bit helps lol also i have presented that the difference i see between sith and jedi is essentially the same difference the films express - namely that sith focus on the negative aspects of human psychology such as anger, (which i focused in because it was specifically brought up by another member who was explaining sith philosophy, and which btw to this point remains an issue which none have been able to address satisfactorily what the difference is between sith and jedi EXCEPT things such as anger) and particularly in this case; smug and short sighted arrogance so unless your intuition can present a case that this is not so, then you really are irrelevant to the conversation two decades of sith wisdom and you still havent learned to recognize your own lack of social maturity maybe you should try yoga or something lol

There are 777 visitors, 7 guests and 24 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Alethea Thompson, Jestor, Kitsu Tails, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, MJ Hannigan, Alan, Arashikaze, Demnos, Kamizu, mdk, Silvermane, Pyrus Erath, Mathew Erickson, Janice, Calanon, Tarran, Rocda, den385, Tk768, Loudzoo, Dravonian, *BuntuBob, KG, Seda Arksmen, brianbick.

Follow Us