First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Fear Leads to Anger... (Last post by Goken)
    • I would say that things can go that way (as they certainly did for Anakin), but that they don't have to. Like Akkarin said, it can go in a different order. I believe that for the purposes of the movie they were just trying to do some foreshadowing.
    • Lightsabers are now possible (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Es más fácil crear un sable-laser porque da dinero , la cura del cancer no interesa pues la enfermedad da mucho beneficio. I'm not saying that creating a lightsaber wouldn't be beyond cool - but a cure for cancer would definitely generate the company that pulls it off enormous profits. Anyway, back OT.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Desolous)
    • bunch of tricep dips, pullups, upper back rows, roman chair situps, ropes, push a heavy sled around, situps.
    • Thanksgiving Origins- Does it Matter? (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • Quote: Yes, European settlers did bad things to the natives of this land, and visa-versa, but that is the nature of this world - we are a conquering species. You don't see the gazelle suing the lions for reparations. As my master says "deep breath" I have thought a lot about this exact quote the last day. I'm not going to deny that tribal groups could certainly be very viscous to each other, and yes we are a conquering species, but there is still a difference between living in harmony in a world for 10,000+ years and destroying it in less than 400. Tribes are suing not because they hate lions it's because the USA murdered, raped, and pillaged their way through the entire US. Trails of broken treaties and lies are what the blood of millions of innocent lives were strained through as America became a country. They were given rights promised them in their treaties for the land that was stolen from them despite everything they did to prevent it. Those rights are guaranteed to them to help them as a people and the U.S. continues policies that are damaging and downright murderous to those who are left. They are not begging for scraps or anything of the like, they are asking for what has been promised them so we can all shop at Walmart. Things that have happened have been terrible. Many people with tribal backgrounds are still trying to heal many thousands of wounds. A bit of cultural sensitivity to that is all we are asking. My grandmother went through the Assimilation Period, it was something that stayed with her her entire life. She was taken from her family in North Dakota and adopted to a white family in Missouri, forced to to go school beaten for speaking her language, etc. That's in my family history, many of us have similar ones. It's a sharp reminder of the "conquerors". Yes let us remember what Thanksgiving was, however let us also take a day to be thankful for life around us and the blessings we do have, because some people, even gazelles are not so fortunate. Okay breathe...
    • Conscription - Draft (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • I have always said I thought two years of service would be excellent for majority of 18 year olds today. Most have no idea what the real world is about and thought it would be a good building block for a lot of people. I had never thought about the comments of people not wanting to join and how you in the military wouldn't want them in beside you. Thank you for saying that, I had never considered that. I'm from a military family, and even tried to join myself but was denied due to too many bonks on the head. Seriously it was because of my extensive injuries by the time I was 18. So perhaps instead something like the CC? Places where people would be of value, help our communities and grow themselves, take pride in their area, and their country and learn to value everything around them, just not bitch on Facebook all day. Thank you for a great discussion, it has been eye opening.
    • The Role of Logic (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: I used to find the vast majority of people relatively illogical but this opinion changed for me when I started to study Myer Briggs personality types. I'm an Analyst personality so I deal in cold hard unemotional facts and draw conclusion from them. This is why the vast majority of other personality types seem to be illogical to me. It was this bias that turned out to be my biggest obstacle when trying to understand other people's logic. Myer Briggs is all about preferences. No preference is greater than another so no personality type is greater than another. People that seemed illogical to me simply had different preferences for information gathering and decision making. What was obvious to one was not obvious to the other given the same information. After learning the strengths of the different preferences and personalities I discovered that my own logic was flawed far more than I imagined and what seems like utterly illogical thought was far more logical than I could have ever believed. It became truly humbling to see personalities constantly make the right logical choices without any conscious analysis or logical process that they could recount. Do I still find some people illogical? Yes I do but in general people are far more logical and predicable than I ever imagined. This thread isn't about logic as a preferential thought process or subjective idea. It's about Logic, the study and science of valid reasoning. Logic, the study, the science of what makes reasoning valid or invalid, transcends personality types and can be taught to anyone who is neurotypical in regards to having functioning reasoning capacity.
    • School of Life Short lessons (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Why some countries are poor and others rich. Are we not lucky to be where we are? It sucks a little less thinking about your country when one knows that there's someone else in a much more corrupt country that suffers more than you...
    • A Jedi Career choice: making a living thats helps ... (Last post by ChaosMerdy)
    • I have to say I agree with steamboat. I went to school to be a teacher, but when the only option to ply my trade was to work for a Catholic school, I politely declined and sought my career elsewhere. My reason for this is that I do not believe in indoctrinating young people. I feel like students should be given the chance to discover their own paths, and if I had taken a job as a teacher in such a school, I would be essentially doing harm to the development of future members of humanity. It has nothing to do with disrespect for Catholics but rather my overabundance of respect for critical thinking. This led me to work in sales and management at a local telecom company where I work while I also pursue my two loves; creative writing and technology. I too write prolifically and am currently working on my CompTIA A+ Technician certification so that I can get into a field I love, where I'll be helping others and doing something I enjoy. I do believe in the ideal of striving to live a moral and ethical life; Buddhism led me to being a Jedi in part, and right livelihood is one of the steps on the Noble Eightfold Path. Sometimes, however, pragmatic realities force us to work at jobs that may be morally questionable. In my opinion there are two important things to remember in such cases: 1) you can exert a moral power over your work (as a salesman, I strive to be an ethical one and look out for my customers and only sell them things they need while not taking advantage), and 2) you are no more defined by your job than anyone else. Other things can and should be your passions on the side, and these are the things you should pursue with fervor. I hope this helps and may the Force be with you! :)
    • What do you worship? (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • Wow that was very powerful. Learn to ask the right question, exactly this. Thank you so much for sharing.
    • Should Jedi carry weapons? (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: I believe firearms are quite simply a tool of killing and destruction so it should be our greatest desire to avoid their use. To quote the great American philosopher Ronnie van Zant, "Handguns are made for killin', they ain't no good for nothin' else." That puts them up there wtih swords (which so many people worship and idealize and romanticize) as the only two weapons ever created solely to end human life. Every other weapon humans use has another purpose, including other firearms. So, guns are the swords of this era, and if one is willing to glorify the carry of a smallsword, rapier, or basket-hilt and not the carry of a handgun, they need to look after their cognitive dissonance. Quote: There is an issue though with somewhere such as the USA where gun ownership is so high that trying to collect all civilian fire arms in the first place would be dam near impossible and for several years would certainly at least cause serious worry and unrest. No, not "serious unrest." A second civil war, at best. A complete revolution at worst. Anyone who even suggests that rounding up all the guns in America from law-abiding citizens is even remotely possible, even over a long period of time, has (as I told another Jedi) a certain level of ignorance about America and her culture. Quote: If you choose to carry though you must make sure you do everything you can to not use lethal force and keep a hold of your emotions to ensure you never fire in fear. For that is when mistakes are made and innocent people are killed. This is the most important rule of carry, and it's something that is taught very, very young in my country (and my locality) among families with a generational history of firearm ownership. ----- Quote: I've never had to physically use it on anyone but I have had to brandish it ones or twice ... No offense, but that is a very, very effective way to get yourself killed quickly. I know a lot of you think I blow smoke about a lot of things. You think I argue too much, or I start trouble here, or I stir the pot, or I think too highly of intellectual reasoning and logic, or you don't like that I think "Words Mean Things", but if you never ever ever ever ever listen to me any other time, if you only choose one thing I say to believe, please let it be this: NEVER DRAW A WEAPON YOU WILL NOT IMMEDIATELY USE. Ever. If you "brandish" a weapon instead of using it immediately, it shows that you have both a great fear of the attacker and a fundamental misunderstanding of how animal combat works, and you will. be. sorry. It may work for you once or twice, but eventually it will get you shot, stabbed, strangled, or otherwise released from your mortal coil. Do. Not. Brandish. Weapons. unless you are prepared for the possibility that someone may die as a result of your actions.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Proteus)
    • As much as my patience is constantly tested by them, I am grateful to have a neighbor who helps me get certain important things done. For that, I do my best to set aside my differences. Not dependence... Interdependence.

There are 587 visitors, 5 guests and 36 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jestor, Nakis, Connor L., Brian, Darren, Desolous, Proteus, V-Tog, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Elemental Harmony, AMD1988, Brenna, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, SilverWolf, microft, Zenchi, a67, Frost, Jamie Stick, Calanon, SeventhSL, Goken, Exarchias, Puerh, Culla, Rocda, den385, RaB, almosteasy69, Tk768, Leora.

Follow Us