First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Ghosts! (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Goken, question if i as a JEDi am on a constant forwardness as far as what i read and greater learning of my surroundings and knowing this....would i come back to haunt? would i make the greater effort to stop my progression and decrease from better to possibly smaller less insignificant? is it possible yes, due to hate and fear but probable? for JEDI most likely not lol Most haunting spirits are in pain and agony when i have met them , so if theres a chance of that then there is a chance to stay behind but if none exist...why stick around? lol happy day friend!
    • Advice (Last post by Arkayik)
    • Quote: What would a true Jedi do if he was being manipulated, bullied and walked all over? (Apart from not let it happen in the first place) Please feel free to share how this is affecting you, without going into details which might compromise your privacy... Your safety and well being are of paramount concern. All of us here will listen and share if our experiences can be of assistance. We may not have the answers, but sometimes the act of sharing helps you to clarify what you want to do about the situation. TotJO also has clergy who can likely be of great assistance to you with detailed advice. Those kinds of details would likely be best handled by messages if you can get it working on your phone...
    • Can mindfulness change the way you eat (Last post by Json)
    • I started a journey over a year ago to eat better. Eating mindfully was part of it. I found it amazing at the crap we stuff into our bodies without a second thought. Along with paying attenion to the moment of consumption I started reading labels. At first I was like OK it has all this crap in it... then I started thinking... wow I have all this crap in me. So I changed my intake. I have not had a sugar drink in over a year and I must say it has had the biggest effect on my enjoyment of food. I can taste so much more. I also have my "hunger" under control. I do not have food cravings and if I have a hunger pain it is because my body if running low on fuel! :)
    • Philosophy and the Sciences class (Last post by Edan)
    • I have to be honest and say I haven't been able to do the work.. I thought I could, and ordinarily I could, but my day to day work is long days right now and it's made me too tired to think :(
    • Too much focus on individual words? (Last post by Json)
    • Words? I love words. They are the brush stokes of communication. They are so plainly written with so much hidden in them. We take what we want to see from them. Notice the sentence, We take what we want from them, we do not always take what was given in them. Emotions are much harder to convey in words and that is why I love them. I love writing and hiding the emotion so plainly in a lyric then tie them together for a message. I see it like dance. We dance to music not a single note. We do not look at a painting and question a brush stroke. Enter, the internet and message boards. Misunderstandings and arguements have been going on since their creation. Reason being is we, as humans, have a complex way of communication, far beyond words. The words are just the paint yet our actions and motions during delivery would be the brush that paints the picture. This makes the internet and forums a very poor tapestry for painting with words. Is there a way around this problem? No not really, not yet. So be honest and straight forward. If you feel someone insults you ask them if they meant to do so. This is harder said than done because of egos and a natural reaction to defend. I guess we just keep pushing forward. :) Just my 2 cents.
    • Critical Thinking! (Last post by Khaos)
    • My mother taught me critical thinking. Not any formal schooling. I teach my son. Best not to rely to much on outside institutions I find. I dont think the education system needs to get better so much as families and friends need to encourage such skills. Of course, the education system has some major flaws, but even if it was a perfect, well oiled machine, it would not be handling the whole of my childs education.
    • The Balancing Force - a Jedi Reading of The Jade P... (Last post by tzb)
    • The Balancing Force - a Jedi reading of The Jade Pivot Written on 31st October 2014 I thought I'd give a Jedi interpretation of the Yü Shû King, by Hsüan-yang Dze, also known as The True Classic of the Pivot of Jade, delivered by the Heaven-Honoured One, Who produces Universal Transformation by the Sound of His Thunder. This short Taoist text is central to religious Taoism and is part of many religious Taoist services. It also provides a brief, practical guide to those who would become one with the Tao. The purpose of the text is, the author tells us, "to teach men to discipline and refine their spirit", in line with a belief in the Tao. I feel this has value for us as Jedi and our central belief in the Force. As such, my Jedi reading follows. ----- 1 The Force is transcendent. The Force is impossible to know directly, and can't be adequately described except by itself. You can't see or hear it; all you see or hear are things. Things come, things go, but the Force is that which is beyond mere things, and remains constant throughout even these seemingly universal transitions. Until you understand the transcendent nature of the Force, you can't begin to approach knowledge of it. 2 Difficulty is valuable. If you wish to know the Force, you must approach it with sincerity. To maintain this knowledge of the Force once you have it, you must be silent. If you wish to use the Force, you must be gentle. If you're sincere about the Force, you'll look stupid to others. Similarly, cultivating the silence required to remain aware of the Force will look like you're unable to speak. Acting gently enough to use the Force looks like a lack of ability. However, if you can do these three things and truly know the Force, you will transcend your body, transcend mere knowledge, transcend even your notion of "self" and become one with the Force. 3 Intellect is limited. Even a passing knowledge of the Force is enough to understand one's intellect can't give the complete picture of it. Likewise, one who understands the Force is naturally valiant in action, without having to think about it. Finally, working with the Force reveals tremendous subtleties to everything, without engaging the thinking process. So understanding these subtleties, one attains an air of intelligence. In being valiant by nature, the air of a true Jedi Knight is acquired. And in putting aside the desire to understand everything intellectually, rather than over-thinking or worrying about everything, true wisdom is attained. This is how Jedi become one with the Force. True transcendence of one's self in the Force is something which becomes natural, with true understanding of the meaning of the Force. You can't lose it - you'll forget there was ever any other kind of understanding of reality. It is the underlying truth of all reality. 4 Ignorance is environmental (and the Force transcends it anyway). Jedi are sworn to the benefit of all life. Through service we become greater than our short lives. A belief in the Force presupposes a sort of "destiny". However we are wise and ignorant in equal, balanced measure; for knowing that destiny is the underlying truth is not enough to actually predict it in any meaningful way. We are human; we will never know the future with absolute certainty. The best way to approach this is, as the previous verse describes, recognising that intellect can't give us the complete picture. In doing so we make our ignorance a form of knowledge, and our weakness a form of strength.* Weakness and ignorance are natural for humans, but the way of the Force is also a natural current in human lives. To achieve knowledge and strength in this way, all we have to do is surrender to the current of the Force. This happens spontaneously, sometimes without intellect, will or desire, sometimes with the greatest intellect, will and desire in the world. The conditions for its realisation cannot be manufactured, because the Force is not predictable by human intellect, and thus appears inherently spontaneous. This spontaneity is even more mysterious than the understanding it imparts in us. This spontaneity is the true nature of the Force. The Force can't be known through conventional, coarse means. It can never be reduced, compromised, cheapened. This is why it is supreme. ----- *My interpretation of this passage: We give up self-destructive habits like over-thinking and worry, and instead trust in the Force and the path we're taking as the right one in each moment, whether that be moving straight ahead, turning left or right, or retreating. We accept the moment and stop obsessing over the future or the past. We accept our one life has one un-branching course, not many, however habitually we imagine we might have acted differently.
    • Be water, my friend (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Yes ... I was just reading that. 98. ;) Of course, I've been reading it in the original French ... B) :blink: :lol: :woohoo: :laugh:
    • There is no Death (Last post by Streen)
    • I'm glad you found this thread useful, WRThore :) The original idea has very much changed my life and how I look at...well..life. Whatever the hell THAT is, LOL. A lot of things have been clicking into place in my mind that incorporate this sort of concept. It's Zen. Plays tricks with your mind, haha!

There are 225 visitors, 8 guests and 34 members online (3  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Nakis, Connor L., Learn_To_Know, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alan, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, benedictveritas, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, GalUnDrux, Tarran, Oneiros, Torran, Kumbricia, Andrew Miller, Rocda, Swanp1988, firewalkerx, Cyan Sarden, Tex, Arkayik, fredogaston, ChrisPeppas.

Follow Us