First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Conscription - Draft (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Being as far out of my years of teen angst as I am, I am going to admit here that a certain amount of conformity is not only beneficial, but necessary to an ordered society. Free thought is nice, but without at least some conformity, civilization descends into anarchy. An anarchy which sees needs unmet, and which will, eventually, turn back into order via conformity. Depends on the type of service. I'd say that it won't hurt anyone to do a few weeks of community service. Not as punishment, but perhaps as a rite of initiation. Lots of young people don't have any connection to their community. They know their parents, their teachers and their friends (the latter perhaps only through Whatsapp) but they don't know what to dedicate their lives to.
    • Did You Know? (Last post by SeventhSL)
    • Quote: That's a little deceptive on account of this being only a theoretical fact. The math works out, but it has never been observed to occur in nature. Just wondering why you say it is still theoretical? It has been repeatedly done now according to numerous articles I've read. What am I missing? To use the same source as the original post: http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geophysics/can-we-manufacture-matter.htm
    • Caffeine before meditation (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • It's been about 3 weeks since I posted this, so I think it's time for a quick follow-up: My sleep situation has improved slightly, as our little girl now sleeps through most nights. The dozing-off has more or less stopped (with very few exceptions). I still drink a cup of Genmaicha before my morning meditation. It doesn't do much anymore as my body has probably developed a tolerance, but it's now part of the ritual to get "in the mood". The latter is something I had always ignored. I would just sit down and, well, start "meditating". I've now started to do a little ritual - I get up at 5:30 (have to work very early on most weekdays), I go downstairs, make a cup of Genmaicha, come upstairs again, put on my meditation robe and then devote the first 1-2 minutes to settling my mind. I find this to be satisfactory. Whether it does anything for the meditation itself or not, I don't really care :-) I usually have another cup of green tea after lunch (has nothing to do with meditation, I just need to stay awake as I normally work 12 hours a day (we have our vacation time to make up for that as teachers, so this shouldn't be considered a complaint). For the evening session, I don't use caffeine as I'm normally through the roof anyway when I get home :-/ So my personal conclusion is: it doesn't hurt (me). I guess it depends on how sensitive to caffeine you are. I still haven't looked into other kinds of meditation but that's on my to-do list for the Christmas break. Cyan
    • The Role of Logic (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Couple of things I can think of off the top of my very tired head. (looking back, it's just an expansion of the quotation, but it's still interesting). Maybe people just want to be God? If we "problem solve" and "scientific method" everything, then we are becoming vulnerable and asking questions. I think a lot of people just wish they knew the answers to life, the universe, and everything... So, they pretend they do. Logic is a "get your hands dirty" way of thinking. It requires a lack of laziness... But, as we both know, people love to be lazy know-it-alls. The other thing I can think of is that logic is simplifying. It is kind of a filter for b.s., amirite? Oftentimes, the truth is boring. I bet people want complexity over elegance. It makes them feel more comfortable. lol.
    • Thanksgiving Origins- Does it Matter? (Last post by Arkayik)
    • Quote: but if you are here simply to demoralize and degrade the opposing side, you beat look at what actions YOUR SIDE that you choose to support perpetrated upon the others. Sorry if the blunt honest truth is offensive. If your only defense is to accuse me of attempting to demoralize/degrade you, then I suggest you polish up on your rhetoric skills. Be very clear, my post was directed at your comment, not at you.... So you claim to be just a disinterested observer? Do you propose then, that you can say anything that pops into your mind and to justify it by saying "hey, I'm a disinterested observer"... Yet, I'm on a "side" because I happen to disagree with your comment... Inherent in what was written is the idea that one bad turn deserves another... The idea that it might be ok what the colonials did because everyone forgets it was done to them too... This logic I happen to find offensive... I don't really care whether you have any "skin in the game", it does - however - make me wonder... It's also not your problem that I find it offensive, that's my problem... Quote: Probably because it was all about the evil white man and their oppression of the natives. Even though everyone forgets what the natives did to the settlers. Go figure. :silly: Whatever side you think you're not on, look in the mirror... We're all human. I don't claim to be right, I just call it like I see it... Quote: squash it... Sorry, did I miss something...? I do confess to being obtuse, I'm really not sure what that was about, feel free to elaborate...
    • Jedi in Oregon in need of help (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • I am still on hiatus. But I felt others here would appreciate an update concerning this subject. Here is a copy and paste from my contact. Quote: First off, he got his id, so he now has official government id, which makes so much more possible. And then he got a ride up to his family where he saw his kids for the first time in 2 months! Everyone's donations allowed him to take a few days to regain his sleep, eat, and be able to think clearly again. The value of that can't be understated. They still have roads to travel to fully resolve the situation, but he has leads on jobs thanks to various Jedi and other connections in the area. I passed along quite a few tools to help him create his life in new ways. All in all I'm confident things will continue to improve for them all. I'm incredibly grateful that others stepped up to help as well. :-) Thanks again!
    • Padawan (Last post by Tk768)
    • I agree, I was just curious, and wanted to have the right answer when asked. I am the only one I know of in my area, and I am being asked where why and how. I used to be a spiritual leader (priest) with the local Native American tribes, and taught at a few local churches. I am studying hard because I know some of my close family and friends are going to want me to teach them when I am ready. I have instructed them to go to our website, but they want a physical teacher.
    • Exploring the Religious Naturalist Option (Last post by Anyanwu)
    • That's actually really interesting. My thoughts actually align a lot with the religious naturalist platform. I just never had a name for it. The closest was humanism, although I settled on agnostic. Ever since my deconversion I've been heavy on science (I was bared from studying certain scientific subjects for a creationist narrative). I like that it changes as new evidence is brought forth. :) I'd have to look into it more but it looks like so,etching I could align with.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 15 x 3 push ups 15 x 3 sit ups 15 x 3 air squats 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps And Meditation. 10# day without coffee.
    • Thoughts of a simple man (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Wisdom of the warrior I live by choice, not by chance. I live to be motivated not manipulated. I live to be useful, not used. I live to make changes, not excuses. I live to excel, not to compete. I choose self esteem, not self pity. I choose to listen to my inner voice, Not to the random opinions of others. I choose to do things others will not do. I choose to live by ‘The Way’ I am everything, nothing and all that is in between, I am, Ki
    • What makes a Jedi? (Last post by den385)
    • @Cyan - sure, I meant the crashing plane situation - first you put on a respirator yourself, than to the kid - that's official instruction for depressurization.
    • Etymology of the word "Jedi" (Last post by den385)
    • @steamboat28 - let us dream of the word Jedi coming from every language on this planet ) Sure, I, too, think jidaigeki is the only source - statement by Lucas is clear.

There are 334 visitors, 8 guests and 19 members online (none in chat): steamboat28, Jon, Adder, Darren, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Vusuki, Arcade, Llama Su, Archon, zeronycon, benedictveritas, SeventhSL, Revan Falton, GalUnDrux, Puerh, Rocda, Cyan Sarden, Arkayik, den385, Solo1138, Tankyù-Sha, dr.seiss, tbarrett.

Follow Us