First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Visions (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I think we can easily put together the future if we knew all of the facts about everything. Many systems, such as emotions, thoughts, and other choices we make are HIGHLY predictable. Don't pretend humans are "surprising" in a any way. We can explain motivations behind almost anything. In dreams, we have all of the information there. It is synthesized in ways that our conscious minds cannot fathom. Our brain knows EVERYTHING, and has memories of important things. I'm sure everybody's familiar with simple brain mechanics. Stronger memories come from repeated signals that strengthen the synapses in our brain. I don't know exactly what happens when we dream, but I think our thoughts come together and synthesize into a non-coherent picture. If we remember them, and we remember the right one, often we can analyze a proper meaning from it. Just like a doctor notes the symptoms and makes a diagnosis, if we put enough factors together, we can tell the future. So, in dreams, you're basically being a "detective" and your finding out perspectives you didn't know you had. I doubt there's anything extra-normal about it.
    • There is no Death (Last post by Degataga)
    • Quote: Many users of the drug known as DMT report interacting with entities that exhibit intelligence while on a DMT trip, and theorize that the drug could be used as a gate to parallel dimensions. Joe Rogan himself has stated that death could be nothing more than a door to this very same dimension as the brain floods with DMT at or right before the moment of death... www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/can-...a-parallel-universe/ www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_writings2.shtml Thanks for the links, this topic fascinates me. A DMT trip at the start of this year is kind of what centered my focus on my spiritual path. I'm not sure what entity I interacted with, but as soon as my trip started a feminine presence picked me up and shot me in to a different dimension. It was an amazing and humbling experience. On a different note, the topic of death is what planted the seed of doubt in my mind when it came to the religion I was raised in to. A lot of people close to me died at a young age, and what I was hearing from the people around me did not comfort me like it seemed to comfort them. My family are members of a southern baptist church, and all I kept hearing was how I just need to listen to Jesus and I'll see my family again one day. Then I began to wonder what happened to the people before Christianity and a few years of thought later here I am. I'm glad I broke free from the way death is dealt with by other people, I am so much more at peace now. Everyone I have ever lost is a part of me just as much as I am.
    • Didn't think this was possible (Last post by E-3_4L_Teeter)
    • This here's a clip from the volatile Eastern portion of the Ukraine: Yes, that's an armored personnel carrier Yes, it just did doughnuts in a parking lot No, I don't know how they did it... But I think it's pretty freakin awesome :P
    • No Emotion, eh? (Last post by E-3_4L_Teeter)
    • I'm trying this technique. I may not have a journal but I do have a brain. I need to crack down on my hot temper and combat it with something other than smoking.
    • Why a Jedi Knight ? (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Each Bows I can't take to much credit for this as Some of it is based on the thoughts of a Martial Arts Instructor but some of what he said I thought applicable here in TOJO. Also the guide and philosophy I live by is not made up by me it s a combination of other works. To be honest I wasn't to sure what the reaction to the post would be. I am pleased and humbled by the responses so far. It would seem that the right balance has thus far been achieved. We are are individuals with our own views and if just one word makes a slight difference to just one person it would have still been worth wile doing. That was in fact something that Master Br John said to me quite some time ago :) Have a happy day :)
    • Jedi Altar (Last post by J. K. Barger)
    • Yessss.. Yess.... :evil: :evil: Converted!!! :laugh: AAAAAAmen!!! LOL
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: I think the topic may be straying a bit from the actual content of their site though. :P Perhaps, but I think healthy discussion is always good.
    • The Nazis (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: I can respect a healthy mistrust of the government - of any government. Governments should be held accountable to their people in all respects and at all times, and a people should never become complacent in their regard for the government they have elected to power. I can also agree that a massive portion of this, and other, countries have allowed just that. However, that said, let us look at things as neutrally as possible. It is my concerned opinion that in order to stand any chance of ascertaining the truth in matters such as this (where all the pieces involved are incredibly complicated and difficult to fathom without several degrees in geo-politics and governmental law), the interested observer should do his or her best to remove his or her own beliefs, fears, etc., as far as possible from the situation under observation. I point to this quote in the article posted above: "Snowden, addressing the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, said he did not believe the NSA was engaged in 'nightmare scenarios,' such as the active compilation of a list of homosexuals 'to round them up and send them into camps.' But he did say that the infrastructure allowing this to happen had been built. " Why is the infrastructure in place? That is a valid question, and locating valid proof of this infrastructure should be the next step in this line of inquiry, but I believe that jumping to any conclusion regarding something like this is in itself a dangerous road to follow. That road leads us into ambiguity, uncertainty, fear, paranoia, and a sharp disregard for the importance of fact. Indeed it seems to me to be in the opposite direction that a Jedi, or any concerned critical thinker, should be applying their energies. Follow the story if it concerns you, but follow it dispassionately; with resolve, but not with haste or dogmatic fervor. (Not that anyone was or is - I'm just preachin' here. ;) ) Well, there was a quote that said most classified information can be deduced by connecting the dots. I used to be one of those people that dismissed as a conspiracy theory anything that didn't have solid proof. It turns out that the majority of them were true. The Snowden leaks gave us proof of things that were thought to be science fiction. So I'm just going to connect the dots and deduce the classified info.
    • Jediism... Religion, Chioce or Philosophy.... (Last post by Salvazor)
    • I think that Jediism can be any or all of those things, I definitely see it as a philosophy or a social and ethical system to live your life by. It can function as a religion in that it can perform similar functions such as marriages and offering a world view. Although their is no deity in Jediism just the force, Buddhism and Taoism on a philosophical do not have a monotheistic god to worship, I would defiantly say that Jediism is a religion, for me a way of life.

There are 194 visitors, 5 guests and 24 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, steamboat28, Shadouness, Gaia Chi, Jestor, SenseiMitPen, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, scott777ab, MCSH, J. K. Barger, Buvan, Llama Su, Edan, tzb, Zenchi, TheImpailerXx, Trice Corbel, kevinabdiel, Jamie Stick, blindbat84, Xan Montagu, Devlin98, EEJim, Zeph.

Follow Us