First LED saber

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:46 #58426

The problem is that Ultrasabers is having very good low pricing. Where it comes to good quality you will not find anything in that price range. What I think is trustable that is not manufacturing (almost) exclusively unique sabers (but in fact even MHS sabers) is JQ Sabers (jqsabers.com). GrandMaster Kana Seiko as to my information bought some of his sabers there. They seem to be respected in the branch they work in (ultrasabers got its issues braking contracts etc) and reviews I am aware of show products with apparently proper work invested. Also, they do not highlight their products but feature reviews coming from customers.

Where it comes to entirely custom handcrafted (and reasonably expensive) sabers, Vader's Vault (vadersvault.com) are having one of the best reputations.

There are others such as Genesis Custom Sabers (genesiscustomsabers.com) and LDM (ldmcustomsabers.com) with good reps, but I'm not certain about the quality they offer where it comes to original and beautiful custom designs and about how appropriate their prices are.

Oh, and since custom builds may take months (not to mention the build logs), JQ (or Vader's stunt sabers) is probably what you are looking for. Maybe until Christmas there'd be time for other options.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2012 19:53 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:04 #58437

Just so everyone knows, thecustomsabershop now has electronics module kits, so even if you're not good with electronics, you can just order the parts and plug them in. No soldering! He also has a ton of new parts, so almost any design you can think of, you can reasonably build yourself. There's plenty of sabersmiths on the forums who can help you out if you get stuck.

Vader's Vault does have great quality sabers, but be prepared to spend around $1000 or more, and he has a pretty long back log.

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 22:57 #58441

Definitely going to be getting a lightsaber from Ultra Sabers as a gift to myself when I complete the Initiates program. I've been lurking that website for a few weeks and absolutely love the work they do.
Love Is My Religion

Re: First LED saber 01 May 2012 04:15 #58471

Yes, that is because they do not show the downsides like lacking of any LED optics, glued (instead of screwed) parts on the inside, tape attachments of wires and modules, lack of fixation for the most fragile modules, fragile so-called "heavy duty" blades with their heaviness given through plastic wrap.
No customer support on problems, deletions and bans for any critic comment or question, violation of copyright laws through distributing commercial sound fonts, violation of their contract with TCSS through providing saber parts and MHS compatible parts (which is btw a trademark of TCSS either)...
Okay, nothing else that comes to my mind right now, but do you need any more reasons to check out every alternative to and every quality of the UltraSabers company? I don't.

There are two upside though: Their hilt designs are pretty neat so one could buy just the hilt parts and the prices they sell their work at are just appropriately low for the sloppy products their offer. So, one gets what one should expect for the money (meaning not what they promise). Wether this makes a product worth investing into though I dare questioning. Most of us could spend the same money on TCSS and craft a saber all by themselves that in the long run at least would be durable and functional at all.
Last Edit: 01 May 2012 04:25 by Gisteron.

Re: First LED saber 02 May 2012 15:14 #58703

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
ultrasabers must of changed since i bought mine a few years ago...i've put it through the wringer and it's still working perfectly...are you talking about their low end sabers?...mine was an MHS saber from them with the last of the old soundboards(they changed to the usb2.0 soundboard)...all my electronics still work like new and my blade has yet to even get a crinkle in it...i've even let my nephew(who's notoriously destructive) use it
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • An Answer for Unification- please read I know it's... (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • lol, I actually thought to clarify that, but it got lost in my thought process. Thank you for saying that Jestor. :) Zenchi, I was looking to use CreateSpace, their the ones Opie, Jared Avery Michaels and I have used. Free publishing, they just get their cut of each book the publish and the rest goes to the person with the hold on the account. In this case, I'm going to see if I can't get it to funnel directly into whatever charity decided upon. I'm looking into the logistics. You don't happen to know if Lulu sells on Amazon, do you?
    • American Jedi (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • I will admit i had a small role in this documentary and I take full responsiblity for all i said and did at the gathering that was or was not recorded. I personally like the cover pics of this fb group. The group picture was quite interesting. I look back and think wow this was certainly a project worth doing and I hope we did it right.
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Alan)
    • We express one kind of experience in terms of another. For example, love is a journey. We structure and describe the experience of love in terms of a journey. Or, one kind of concept is metaphorically structured in terms of another. For example, thought is structured in terms of sight; as in, when we understand something we say, "I see."
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Alan)
    • Myth is the narrative embodiment of an idea and the idea I want to discuss here as the essence of Jediism is Source (henceforth capitalized). If I were to suggest a replacement for Jedi, it would be some variation on Source. Each narrative expression is an attempt to mythologize, symbolize and analogize the nature of the Source. The apprehension of the Source is through the categories through which humans perceive the world, but the Source is itself beyond all the categories of thought and language. All things arise from and return to the source; that ubiquitous power that manifests all that is, whatever its title or name (Energy, Shakti, Force, Mana, Being, Wakonda, Void, or God). Each variation of the adventure is an unchosen expression of the unconscious. Each myth of the hero expresses but one grammar, written in our DNA. Each is a particular vocabulary of the infinite combination of possibilities of our shared human embodiment. "And so, to grasp the full value of the mythological figures that have come down to us, we must understand that they are not only symptoms of the unconscious (as indeed are all human thoughts and acts) but also controlled and intended statements of certain spiritual principles, which have remained constant throughout the course of human history as the form and nervous structure of the human physique itself" (Campbell, Hero With a Thousand Faces, 257). The symbolism of mythology has psychological significance, but not only that because its is mediated by our embodiment. Thought and language arise also from our embodiment. Myth, is always more than simply a story, it is a narrative that chronicles the path of the hero traversing a spiritual landscape to find the Source. The hero’s adventure is the rediscovery of the nature of the universe, that is, from whence it comes to us as mediated by our perception. Whether the hero is finding the magical object, arriving at the garden of perfection, drinking the elixir of life, receiving special powers, rescuing those held captive, returning to the lost paradise, or achieving an illuminating insight: she or he is Everyman seeking to know and accept the place of the human being in the cosmos. In it is found the profoundest depths of the human condition. The Source is to be understood as both the essence of the universe and also that of the human reality. Understanding, “emerges from interaction, from constant negotiation with the environment and other people. It emerges in the following way: the nature of our bodies and our physical and cultural environment imposes a structure on our experience…” (Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors We Live By, 230).
    • HAPPINESS (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Doomeniek Bows Thank you for your kind words. I have plenty of calming and helpful tasks to keep a fine balance. I have work very hard at it sometimes but as you say sometimes the smallest of things can bring a smile to a face. One only has to look. A reflection is a dew drop, the buzz of a bee etc. These are all gifts which a free to use :) It is the calming and clearing of the mind that can be an effort :) . I was looking at a short clip which was very good called 'What about me'
    • Jedi and Padawan in the fictional Star Wars univer... (Last post by Goken)
    • I'd probably pick Obi-Wan. I like his saber style and his personality. You can see his loyalty to his friends while he remains detatched. He was patient and smart, avoided confrontation whenever possible but was no push-over. I almost have to force myself through an episode of the Clone Wars if he's not in it.
    • Jedi Prayers / Psalms / Invocations (Last post by Phortis Nespin)
    • I as the Force (a mantra) I breath in the Force; I breath out the Force I move with the Force; I am motionless with the Force I think with the Force; I am empty with the Force I am Kind with the Force; I am Compassionate with the Force I defend with the Force; I heal with the Force I Serve with the Force; I Love with the Force It is the Light in the Darkness; It is the Darkness in the Light It is All Things; It is Nothing It is Life; It is Lifelessness The Force as I; I as the Force
    • MTG prerelease tonight!!! (Last post by rugadd)
    • I used to be a judge for that. Got $85 store credit for the last few boxes just last week. I just can not afford it anymore. Crack the Gathering for sure.
    • "The Way of the Knight of Jedi Realism" ... (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • Quote: That's one of the things I enjoy about you most, Hannigan. I never feel like I have to worry about how your self esteem is doing. When am I going to be a guest on your show? Well i am taking this sunday off from "Jedi Realist Radio Presents" and i will start my new Series next sunday where i will be talking about concepts from Living the Martial Way book. I will give you a outline of dates times and subjects and you are welcome to jump on any show you like. This goes for anyone if you want to call in I would love to have you.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • “The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud --- the obstacles of life and its suffering. ... The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. ... Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ” ― Goldie Hawn

There are 145 visitors, 4 guests and 21 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, Jon, Firewolf, MikeBudo, Lightstrider, Desolous, Proteus, MJ Hannigan, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, wesleycook74, Silvermane, jadedbehan, Cabur Senaar, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Revan Falton, Jeffery Williams, Quae-Do Lumen, Tarran.

Follow Us