"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 04:15 #58345

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
There's also ultraforcesabers.com for converted FX's.
Founder of The Order

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 08:02 #58354

@meatloaf: Look around at fx-sabers.com. Many manufacturers are listed and active there. If however you prefer reasonable prices you are probably better off building one yourself from scrap metal and/or parts such as from thecustomsabershop.com (for I've calculated the costs for self-made MHS sabers to the prices of e.g. JQ Sabers MHS sabers and the differences are inappropriate IMO).
For custom and original parts and shapes you'd be better with sabersmiths unless you are skilled with lathes and stuff.
To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit. - Stephen W. Hawking

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:09 #58398

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Having just gone on the custom saber shop I really want to make my own now. Does anyone know of a guide etc or what each part is for?

Thanks a lot

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:44 #58401

the design parts are self-explanatory. however, the electronics depend on the design (in terms of space in the inside etc) and on what electronics you want it to have precisely. on the other hand, chassis installs depend on electronic parts you want to fix inside your hilt.
To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit. - Stephen W. Hawking

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:50 #58402

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Jerriko wrote:
I like it :D, how did you come up with your saber design? did you go upon how it felt to you or did you base it off of a design which you had a fondness of?

I went with a design that called out to me...coinidentally the name of the design is"arbiter" which means judge....ultrasabers.com is a good place to get good mhs hilts at decent prices... thecustomsabershop.com is good for getting the mhs parts for your own deisgn of sorts and the have a hilt design maker you can use to design your own hilt with a variety parts that are premade
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:54 #58406

• meatloaf
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 10162
I would love to order a custom one, or build one. If someone could pm me with details that would be great
"In war, truth is the first casualty."
-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:59 #58408

Here is a link, Meatloaf :

www.ultrasabers.com/

Maître Chevalier Jedi & Pasteur de l'Ordre / Master Knight & Pastor of the Order
Maître enseignant de Cabur Senaar, SenseiMitPen, Knights Rosalyn J, Proteus, Darren, tzb
Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
"Where there is a way or a path, it's someone else's way. Each knight enters the forest at the most mysterious point and follows his own intuition. What each brings forth is what never before was on land or sea; the fulfilment of his unique potentialities, which are different from anybody else's." - Joseph Campbell

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 18:51 #58417

I highly recommend not to order at ultrasabers. While their hilts are excellent in durability and design, their blades are not and electronic parts are sometimes bend together instead of soldered. There is more quality lacks, I just point out the most obvious and not getting into the specific stuff like parts fixation or LED optics.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:23 #58422

Thank you, Gisteron. I only recently discovered that site while looking for a gift for a friend.

Do you know a better location ? I am interested too, as my friend's birthday is in May.

Alexandre

Maître Chevalier Jedi & Pasteur de l'Ordre / Master Knight & Pastor of the Order
Maître enseignant de Cabur Senaar, SenseiMitPen, Knights Rosalyn J, Proteus, Darren, tzb
Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
"Where there is a way or a path, it's someone else's way. Each knight enters the forest at the most mysterious point and follows his own intuition. What each brings forth is what never before was on land or sea; the fulfilment of his unique potentialities, which are different from anybody else's." - Joseph Campbell
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • well the parts have been ordered, now just waiting for them to ship....due to tcss being closed for a few weeks i've had to change the build specs...instead of using the nano biscotte soundcard i'll be using the obsidian 3.0 from ultrasabers....it has more customizability than the nano and a stronger speaker output...at twice the price of the nano....also had to switch battery setup from a single 18650 li ion to dual 14500 li ions....same power output different size/setup....in 2-3 weeks at most silver fang will be complete....
    • a question about the value of human life (Last post by Ariane)
    • I am lost this conversation is confusing, We should do a survey or a poll to find out what other people think. Does human life have value? Do people support a tyranny of this magnitude?
    • Posting Pictures (Last post by RyuJin)
    • my galaxy lets me upload directly to the site....not every site is able to do that though so sometimes i have to upload to photobucket then just copy/paste the link from there....
    • The Sixth Extinction (Last post by Locksley)
    • A positive outlook was what I started it on: Quote: Our intelligence and our technology have given us the power to affect the climate. How will we use this power? Are we willing to tolerate ignorance and complacency in matters that affect the entire human family? Do we value short-term advantages above the welfare of the Earth? Or will we think on longer time scales, with concern for our children and our grandchildren, to understand and protect the complex life-support systems of our planet? The Earth is a tiny and fragile world. It needs to be cherished. [ Source ] ~Carl Sagan So, yes, I did start this with hearing positive possibilities, as well as various concerns (and possible solutions to those concerns). Actually I tried to leave it pretty open-ended, but I certainly started it with a note of positivity directed at solutions to issues we face. "In any case, this thread was hardly geared toward solutions" isn't quite accurate.
    • The End of Casual Christianity (Last post by Alan)
    • To build and dwell within is what humans do. Like us, the sacred dwells amidst all that is. May faiths build a place for their sacred and what that sacred is will determine the dwelling's purpose. A gathering place. A temple to house the deity. An expression of beliefs held. Some buildings are mirrors of the cosmos, like Hindu and Buddhist temples or American Plains Indian teepees. Some religions have no building, like the ancient Zoroastrians, but only a fire altar upon the hilltop. Christian sacred space is within church walls and is of a different theological quality than the profane world outside. The Muslim's prayer rug is a representation of the Garden of Eden where, like Paradise itself, puts the believer in direct contact through prayer with Allah the Merciful. Some sacred places have buildings erected there and the myth of that place is represented in the temple, as in Shinto. Theology informs architecture.
    • On Self Knowledge (and The Jedi Path) (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: On Self-Knowledge - Kahlil Gibran Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams. And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes. But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure; And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless. Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth." Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path." For the soul walks upon all paths. The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals. Enlightenment is like the moon reflected on the water. The moon does not get wet, nor is the water broken. Although its light is wide and great, The moon is reflected even in a puddle an inch wide. The whole moon and the entire sky Are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. -zen poem quote
    • How to get a group started? (Last post by Aqua)
    • It is always easy to split people intro 'Us vs them' Would it be an art to remove or decrease that feeling? Would it be an art to shape people by helping them to accept who they are, to act as a listening ear? More important is that the youth section could be a 'them' to, but I do not hear problems often.. Maybe there are, not mine to know, but if a system is really needed it should get a change to proof itself. But i do not know how many members there are, that are requesting such groups. It is always possible to connect one or more dedicated and trusted members with other people, like a buddy system. If groups are one step to far, and the demand is not high. A buddy could ensure a save way to talk about multiple subjects.

There are 424 visitors, 13 guests and 41 members online (2  in chat): Daniel L., Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Grom Fett, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Connor L., Adder, Ismaka, Darren, Proteus, Reacher, Xaii, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Pcoronaf, J. K. Barger, Arcade, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Pyrus Erath, Venator Mortis, Goken, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Jeffery Williams, Tarran, Slebo, Rocda, Tk768, Fenton, Atticus509, Krieger, WayneTec, Protonix, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Blind, Ana Karen Po, theta, RKnowles, KyLoc6, FriendlyLion, Jamacam, alegolas.

Follow Us