"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 04:15 #58345

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
There's also ultraforcesabers.com for converted FX's.
Founder of The Order

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 08:02 #58354

@meatloaf: Look around at fx-sabers.com. Many manufacturers are listed and active there. If however you prefer reasonable prices you are probably better off building one yourself from scrap metal and/or parts such as from thecustomsabershop.com (for I've calculated the costs for self-made MHS sabers to the prices of e.g. JQ Sabers MHS sabers and the differences are inappropriate IMO).
For custom and original parts and shapes you'd be better with sabersmiths unless you are skilled with lathes and stuff.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:09 #58398

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Having just gone on the custom saber shop I really want to make my own now. Does anyone know of a guide etc or what each part is for?

Thanks a lot

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:44 #58401

the design parts are self-explanatory. however, the electronics depend on the design (in terms of space in the inside etc) and on what electronics you want it to have precisely. on the other hand, chassis installs depend on electronic parts you want to fix inside your hilt.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:50 #58402

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Jerriko wrote:
I like it :D, how did you come up with your saber design? did you go upon how it felt to you or did you base it off of a design which you had a fondness of?

I went with a design that called out to me...coinidentally the name of the design is"arbiter" which means judge....ultrasabers.com is a good place to get good mhs hilts at decent prices... thecustomsabershop.com is good for getting the mhs parts for your own deisgn of sorts and the have a hilt design maker you can use to design your own hilt with a variety parts that are premade
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:54 #58406

• meatloaf
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 10162
I would love to order a custom one, or build one. If someone could pm me with details that would be great
"In war, truth is the first casualty."
-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:59 #58408

Here is a link, Meatloaf :

www.ultrasabers.com/
*Pasteur du TotJO/
Pastor of the TotJO

*Haut Chevalier Jedi / Jedi Senior Knight
*Évêque/Bishop, Ordained Minister of the TotJO

- Maître enseignant de Proteus, Roz, Knight Darren & Knight tzb
- Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 18:51 #58417

I highly recommend not to order at ultrasabers. While their hilts are excellent in durability and design, their blades are not and electronic parts are sometimes bend together instead of soldered. There is more quality lacks, I just point out the most obvious and not getting into the specific stuff like parts fixation or LED optics.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:23 #58422

Thank you, Gisteron. I only recently discovered that site while looking for a gift for a friend.

Do you know a better location ? I am interested too, as my friend's birthday is in May.

Alexandre
*Pasteur du TotJO/
Pastor of the TotJO

*Haut Chevalier Jedi / Jedi Senior Knight
*Évêque/Bishop, Ordained Minister of the TotJO

- Maître enseignant de Proteus, Roz, Knight Darren & Knight tzb
- Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Yoga (Last post by Dessel761)
    • I would like to start doing some yoga at home. That being said, does anyone know of any good apps or videos to help with this?
    • Christmas Service (Last post by taidavrikaurvan)
    • As I am sure we are all aware Christmas will soon be upon us and I am sure we are all looking forward to the good times it brings. I usually spend the day at my mothers house but my second year with the little one the day will be split at half the day at our house with her folks and then the night at my mothers house with a 4 course meal with all the lovely sides and puddings. However whilst we enjoy the day with our families and exchange gifts over a warm fire there are many people who are going to go without. There are many homeless people on the streets who on Christmas aren't going to have that warm fire, tree, gifts or even a one course meal. Christmas will not be that same happy day that we know. As Jedi we are of service to others and I feel this is a great opportunity to help those who are not as fortunate. So I ask you to hear me out. I am going to create small boxes with a few "gifts" inside to give to the homeless and I ask that you join me in this Christmas service. A couple of bottles of water, some fruit, a bar of chocolate, some hand warmers if its cold, some sandwiches anything you would be willing to go out your way to provide. I am not asking you to go and spend a lot of money on this and even if you can only make one box for one unfortunate person that is good enough. This can be as cheep as you can make it and I am sure the homeless who will go without will greatly appreciate not just the gift but the fact you gave them your time to help out. If anyone is willing to join me on this Christmas service that would be excellent. We can create a small facebook group to round up some people to do what we can to make this Christmas a little better for those who don't have much to celebrate. May the Force be with you. Tai
    • Too much focus on individual words? (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Steam, what you're doing though is almost more effective than responding. We all know, when we read this thread, what you would say. But, we don't have to go through the annoying process of reading it. :P hahahahha.
    • Tattoos and Jedi? (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • Quote: Quote: I would never want my wife or kids to gauge their ears! Looks nasty in my opinion, haha. But to each their own. If the kids want to do that someday, it's their ears! lol... "Gauge up" doesn't just mean those huge earring, lol.... Standard earrings are 16 or 14 gauge... Those are like the size you would pierce an ear with a starter stud... I think I'm at a 12 gauge right now... Just a little bigger.... eyeballing a 10...;) Picture a guy wearing little dainty gold hoops, and then one wearing a set a little bit thicker, lol.... Shows what I know, haha. When someone says "gauge their ears" I picture this: [attachment] [attachment] That just don't do it for me! haha.. To each their own!
    • Physical TOTJO Temple in Texas Project (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Is that why you resigned? Tired of fixing my screwups, :lol:....[/color] Well yes of course lol. I also took the time to create all those "Jestorisafaggot" accounts and would break the app at least once a day just to show you how i truly felt about it :P :silly:
    • Holy Place (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • This is an interesting topic to me. I fall along the "some things are holy". Being on the mountain, being in a library, being in the dark and quiet while staring at the stars, those are all holy places to me. I feel like going to the library now, haha.
    • Historical Discoveries (Last post by Edan)
    • Ancient Egyptian temple discovered after illegal digging Full article here: egyptianstreets.com/2014/10/30/ancient-e...ter-illegal-digging/
    • Favourite words (Last post by steamboat28)
    • My three submissions to this thread are: * saudade * the dreaded "c-word" * "cellar door"
    • Insight Timer app for meditation (Last post by steamboat28)
    • I didn't even think to look for things like this. For "scientific" purposes, I'm going to download the free versions of Insight Timer, Meditation Timer: ZenTime, Meditation Helper, and Meditate Free Meditation Timer. I want to try them all and see what works best for me. Though, if Insight Timer has a group/community feature and others don't, that's a very good mark in its favor already.
    • I saw this on facebook and I was wondering if this... (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Religious....No. We do have shamanic Journey's and Meditations and such... and it has it's own level of spirituality. But Religious no. It is an assembly of people who believe in the force to share with eachother the things we know. We have Workshops where we teach things anywhere from Martial arts, First Aide, Philosophical discussions, Search and Rescue.....Whatever the members want to teach at the time. We also have events. Like the Blot, Knighting Ceremonies... Its just a big gathering of Jedi + Friends :) This is what we did this year :) gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eve...-gathering-meet-up-s
    • Philosophy Tech Support (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: I was wondering why nobody else noticed. It is good to wonder but to question anyone elses wonder .... we all see things differently. I like that. or was that just a question asking to be answered?
    • You know the question? (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • I believe they are a great source of inspiration but we shouldn't take them too seriously. Clinging to anything too tight isn't good. These things may think differently, and that is a very good thing, but they are aids/guides to help us think and discover ourselves. I feel that is our journey in life.

There are 166 visitors, 10 guests and 44 members online (3  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, Firewolf, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Adder, Brian, Learn_To_Know, Proteus, rugadd, Angelus Kalen, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alan, Clone_Warrior, Llama Su, Kamizu, elizabeth, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, taidavrikaurvan, SeventhSL, Revan Falton, Oneiros, Dessel761, Exarchias, WRThore, Moraljon14, Jim_Detroit_USA, Andrew Miller, Fatbauer, Swanp1988, firewalkerx, RaB, fredogaston, ChrisPeppas, Devcalner.

Follow Us