-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 04:15 #58345

• Br. John
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
There's also ultraforcesabers.com for converted FX's.
Founder of The Order

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 08:02 #58354

@meatloaf: Look around at fx-sabers.com. Many manufacturers are listed and active there. If however you prefer reasonable prices you are probably better off building one yourself from scrap metal and/or parts such as from thecustomsabershop.com (for I've calculated the costs for self-made MHS sabers to the prices of e.g. JQ Sabers MHS sabers and the differences are inappropriate IMO).
For custom and original parts and shapes you'd be better with sabersmiths unless you are skilled with lathes and stuff.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:09 #58398

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Having just gone on the custom saber shop I really want to make my own now. Does anyone know of a guide etc or what each part is for?

Thanks a lot

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:44 #58401

the design parts are self-explanatory. however, the electronics depend on the design (in terms of space in the inside etc) and on what electronics you want it to have precisely. on the other hand, chassis installs depend on electronic parts you want to fix inside your hilt.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:50 #58402

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Jerriko wrote:
I like it :D, how did you come up with your saber design? did you go upon how it felt to you or did you base it off of a design which you had a fondness of?

I went with a design that called out to me...coinidentally the name of the design is"arbiter" which means judge....ultrasabers.com is a good place to get good mhs hilts at decent prices... thecustomsabershop.com is good for getting the mhs parts for your own deisgn of sorts and the have a hilt design maker you can use to design your own hilt with a variety parts that are premade
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:54 #58406

• meatloaf
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 10162
I would love to order a custom one, or build one. If someone could pm me with details that would be great
"In war, truth is the first casualty."
-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:59 #58408

Here is a link, Meatloaf :

www.ultrasabers.com/
Haut Chevalier Jedi & Pasteur de l'Ordre / Senior Knight & Pastor of the Order
Maître enseignant de Rozalyn J, Cabur Senaar, SenseiMitPen, Knights Proteus, Darren, tzb
Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
"Where there is a way or a path, it's someone else's way. Each knight enters the forest at the most mysterious point and follows his own intuition. What each brings forth is what never before was on land or sea; the fulfilment of his unique potentialities, which are different from anybody else's." - Joseph Campbell

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 18:51 #58417

I highly recommend not to order at ultrasabers. While their hilts are excellent in durability and design, their blades are not and electronic parts are sometimes bend together instead of soldered. There is more quality lacks, I just point out the most obvious and not getting into the specific stuff like parts fixation or LED optics.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:23 #58422

Thank you, Gisteron. I only recently discovered that site while looking for a gift for a friend.

Do you know a better location ? I am interested too, as my friend's birthday is in May.

Alexandre
Haut Chevalier Jedi & Pasteur de l'Ordre / Senior Knight & Pastor of the Order
Maître enseignant de Rozalyn J, Cabur Senaar, SenseiMitPen, Knights Proteus, Darren, tzb
Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
"Where there is a way or a path, it's someone else's way. Each knight enters the forest at the most mysterious point and follows his own intuition. What each brings forth is what never before was on land or sea; the fulfilment of his unique potentialities, which are different from anybody else's." - Joseph Campbell
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Grey Jedi Code Anyone? (Last post by Gregory)
    • i tend to prefer the Jed'aii Code. The Jedi Code seems to encourage suppression of natural negative urges and emotions. Instead, they should be accepted as part of us and analyzed, but their energy channeled into pro-social action. Suppression of so-called dark urges in the books seems to have led to the creation of the Sith, and in real life, such things as the Church Sex scandals. total suppression of natural urges seems to lead to extremely negative long term consequences.
    • Rape Culture (Last post by Star Forge)
    • Quote: Quote: I would just offer that the US is a mostly Christian country, so it is not an American thing, but a Christian doctrine which is prevalent in the US due to religious majority. ? Jews do it for religious reasons, as do muslims. Wherever they may live, whichever nationality they may hold. In north america, you guys do it because the holistic enema-loving masturbation-hating vegetarian guy who invented corn flakes told your great grand parents they should. He failed to produce any offspring and was chucked out of his church. There are far more christians outside the US than within it, and they do not practise male genital mutilation. In the US it has to do with national culture, not religion. The majority of those who practise it there merely happen to be christian. The bulk of christianity today sees its roots in ancient europe, and the ancient europeans found circumcision abominable. Only very few christians (with african roots) pratice it religiously. Quote: The question I pose is this... Do you think that the proliferation of violent games, the use of sex in advertising, the long overdue acceptance of gay and lesbian relations, the isolation and disconnect of people caused by the internet and other social media, has in any way affected the increase in rape crimes based on feelings of desperation, perceived empowerment, manipulation of the opposite sex or same sex? Could this be a reason for Rape Cultures? If statistics on this were in anyway not completely made up, i'd say gender equality is to blame. Just compare sweden with the united arab emirates. To be fair, though, I am sure there are some Christian Zionists who look highly upon it due to their EXTREME Philo-Semitism. Circumcision pisses me off, but can you imagine the uproar if we ever got it banned here? "Dose anti-Semitic BASTIDS!!!!!"
    • The Secret LIfe of Cell phones (Last post by Edan)
    • I'm having deja vu to a topic not that long ago.. Yes... you can conceal conversations etc on your phones, laptops etc... you can hide these things behind passwords and firewalls ...but eventually your behaviour will give you away if you know you're doing something your partner wouldn't approve of.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • Vacations in Germany 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 5 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 5 kg biceps
    • Who's your favorite philosopher? (Last post by Edan)
    • "Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." "Swiftly each particle of matter vanishes into the universal Substance; swiftly each item of causation is reassumed into the universal Reason; swiftly the rememberance of all things is buried in the gulf of eternity." "Let not the future disturb you. You will meet, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." Marcus Aurelius
    • Found a site for the physical Temple :D (Last post by Corwinani)
    • Build a physical temple could be extremely useful, but without the special location could be just like any other building. But if we build the Jedi temple on a special place like a "WORLD GRID" of electromagnetic energy we could have extraordinary help with feeling the force and learning how to use and control the force. ( For Everybody who need to know more about world grid please watch Ancient aliens SEASON 3, episode 13 ) Force be with us
    • "The Interview" gets pulled (Last post by Adder)
    • True I guess, all the movies were the US President and family are hunted, kidnapped or killed are fake characters.
    • Hell Fire (Last post by Adder)
    • Both states as described above seem accessible while alive as experiences, perhaps only briefly, but I guess we'll never now if they exist as permanent strata's which some part of us join after death. I do notice they seem to conveniently represent the two polar extremes of physical existence, on one end a bliss so intense it tends to best compare almost as a type of fire, and on the other a pain so intense it dissolves ones very essence.... so I'm not sure it's anything more then a projection and fantasy from those who have tasted those extreme states of mind/spirit/body. Then again anything outside our capacity to experience might well be expected to be represented as those extremities - and need not mean they are not generated from something outside our sensory capacities. I guess an interesting question could be would you want to experience them both while alive, briefly, and why... what would you do with that knowledge!?
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Silvermane)
    • Play in the river, Until the moon comes out. Lay in the grass, Snout to snout. A tail of strength, Shining so bold. Wrapped with another, Soft and reddish gold. True lovers forever, With tails so grand. The Otter of the River, And The Fox of the Land.

There are 235 visitors, 6 guests and 19 members online (one in chat): Zanthan Storm, Firewolf, Jestor, Star Forge, Proteus, Cale, Llama Su, Vesha, cpjh, Silvermane, Kaverael, Pyrus Erath, Frost, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Quae-Do Lumen, Culla, Arkayik, RaB, M Gray, Gregory, marco, ParCandroon, couto15.

Follow Us