"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 04:15 #58345

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
There's also ultraforcesabers.com for converted FX's.
Founder of The Order

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 08:02 #58354

@meatloaf: Look around at fx-sabers.com. Many manufacturers are listed and active there. If however you prefer reasonable prices you are probably better off building one yourself from scrap metal and/or parts such as from thecustomsabershop.com (for I've calculated the costs for self-made MHS sabers to the prices of e.g. JQ Sabers MHS sabers and the differences are inappropriate IMO).
For custom and original parts and shapes you'd be better with sabersmiths unless you are skilled with lathes and stuff.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:09 #58398

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Having just gone on the custom saber shop I really want to make my own now. Does anyone know of a guide etc or what each part is for?

Thanks a lot

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:44 #58401

the design parts are self-explanatory. however, the electronics depend on the design (in terms of space in the inside etc) and on what electronics you want it to have precisely. on the other hand, chassis installs depend on electronic parts you want to fix inside your hilt.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:50 #58402

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Jerriko wrote:
I like it :D, how did you come up with your saber design? did you go upon how it felt to you or did you base it off of a design which you had a fondness of?

I went with a design that called out to me...coinidentally the name of the design is"arbiter" which means judge....ultrasabers.com is a good place to get good mhs hilts at decent prices... thecustomsabershop.com is good for getting the mhs parts for your own deisgn of sorts and the have a hilt design maker you can use to design your own hilt with a variety parts that are premade
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:54 #58406

• meatloaf
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 10162
I would love to order a custom one, or build one. If someone could pm me with details that would be great
"In war, truth is the first casualty."
-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:59 #58408

Here is a link, Meatloaf :

www.ultrasabers.com/
*Pasteur du TotJO/
Pastor of the TotJO

*Chevalier Jedi / Jedi Knight
*Évêque/Bishop, Ordained Minister of the TotJO

- Maître enseignant de Proteus, Darren, Roz & Knight tzb
- Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 18:51 #58417

I highly recommend not to order at ultrasabers. While their hilts are excellent in durability and design, their blades are not and electronic parts are sometimes bend together instead of soldered. There is more quality lacks, I just point out the most obvious and not getting into the specific stuff like parts fixation or LED optics.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:23 #58422

Thank you, Gisteron. I only recently discovered that site while looking for a gift for a friend.

Do you know a better location ? I am interested too, as my friend's birthday is in May.

Alexandre
*Pasteur du TotJO/
Pastor of the TotJO

*Chevalier Jedi / Jedi Knight
*Évêque/Bishop, Ordained Minister of the TotJO

- Maître enseignant de Proteus, Darren, Roz & Knight tzb
- Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Sad, but Funny! =P (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Hhahahhaha made my day :D That had to have been an exciting chase to watch! That song will NEVER get old for as long as chase scenes exist :D
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Quote: I cant help it, i have to do this. Burn me if you want, but try to understand what i am about to say. Ckott is the greatest lesson in Jediism in my opinion. Now reflect on that for a bit ... I will give some insight later on how i came to this conclusion Il post this one more time, reflect! I already did before your post, I really appreciate that you think like I do in your own way. ;) Quote: Quote: When the student is ready the teacher will come Without a student there is no teacher Now I shall finish it, if I may :) I learn with a mirror The student is my teacher the teacher is my student the mirror reflects the teacher the mirror reflects the student
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: I courious, 32 votes out of how many active people? I'd like to know how many people see/view the survey if it's possible? Does anyone have an idea how many people are active on the forum? Maybe an estimated range or how many unique visits/posts a week or something like that? 32 out of 32 active voting means something different from 32 out of 1,000 Rickie, it is not the point of 32 out of xx the point is that I want a good understanding of the active members that are interested. People who are interested can vote, people who are neutral can and people who are dislike it should vote to. The big idea behind this is to get some basic numbers that will support my pre-plan that I want to make. If the temple vote against the plan, there will not be a pre-plan. No support means not creating a plan. If the temple vote with the plan, there will be a consideration for a plan. Still it does not mean it will be there because a vote says it.. Voting is just a number.. To help me understanding the wishes of the temple :) To know if what I want to do is useful :3
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: "Jediism" is not a copyrighted name, we would probably just call ourselves "Jediists". Temple of the Jediist Order and such. I misread John's post - whoops :P
    • Inglorius... film discussion. (Last post by Streen)
    • Call me morbid if you wish, but I love that movie. I think it's a classic. Violent, yes, but hilarious at points. Now, onto the Nazi issue... The Nazis as an institution murdered and destroyed lives for millions. Did every Nazi soldier kill Jews? Probably not. But if they wore the symbol, they knew what it represented, and in my book they did not deserve compassion. I'm one of those people who, were I given the chance to go back in time, would kill Hitler before he had the chance to murder millions. It would be a necessary evil, as I see it. Then again, that is mere speculation, and seeing as how we can't time travel, the question is moot. I can't prevent World War II, and I can't prevent the holocaust. People who currently call themselves Nazis are either misguided, evil, or insane.
    • jedi haiku (Last post by elizabeth)
    • Moon shadow falling Darkness creeps across the land icy winds warm my heart
    • Coffee with Jesus (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • Quote: I guess it's great that you don't employ arbitrary special pleading. So how do you respond then to the criticism that your illustration, of what a Sithistic religion is, does not discriminate by any variable criterion and is therefore either obsolete, since we have more widely understood and more linguistically fitting labels, or, in the worst case, ill-defined? 1. Normally over the net it is in text, or perhaps a vid, in person it is normal verbally with nonverbal cues. 2. Yes 3. maybe 4. no
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Day 3 checking in... yoga only today for 40 minutes concentrating on hamstrings.. no music today.
    • Just a view of my appartement building (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Quote: If you guys want mountains come to Utah. :D We have a few of those... Utah is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the red deserts!! Such great camping <3 road our bikes through there a few times. The most memorable time was when we were on a two-lane highway construction reduced to one. We sat for about an hour so I hopped off the bike and played in the sand. Then played with the kid in the van in front of us :woohoo:
    • Tapatalk (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: I use "dark theme" because the darker you can keep a screen, the less battery used...:) Note: this is only true for OLED/AMOLED

There are 149 visitors, 10 guests and 38 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, Nakis, Connor L., Wescli Wardest, Learn_To_Know, Darren, Desolous, Psyddhattha, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Tripp Borz, scott777ab, MCSH, Rickie The Grey, ckott, GeorgeSaunders, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, wesleycook74, Edan, tzb, Kaverael, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Aqua, Revan Falton, Doomeniek, Jeffery Williams, Arexblade, Phillious, Rahm Atuc, PeaceSeeker.

Follow Us