-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 04:15 #58345

• Br. John
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
There's also ultraforcesabers.com for converted FX's.
Founder of The Order

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 08:02 #58354

@meatloaf: Look around at fx-sabers.com. Many manufacturers are listed and active there. If however you prefer reasonable prices you are probably better off building one yourself from scrap metal and/or parts such as from thecustomsabershop.com (for I've calculated the costs for self-made MHS sabers to the prices of e.g. JQ Sabers MHS sabers and the differences are inappropriate IMO).
For custom and original parts and shapes you'd be better with sabersmiths unless you are skilled with lathes and stuff.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:09 #58398

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Having just gone on the custom saber shop I really want to make my own now. Does anyone know of a guide etc or what each part is for?

Thanks a lot

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:44 #58401

the design parts are self-explanatory. however, the electronics depend on the design (in terms of space in the inside etc) and on what electronics you want it to have precisely. on the other hand, chassis installs depend on electronic parts you want to fix inside your hilt.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 16:50 #58402

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Jerriko wrote:
I like it :D, how did you come up with your saber design? did you go upon how it felt to you or did you base it off of a design which you had a fondness of?

I went with a design that called out to me...coinidentally the name of the design is"arbiter" which means judge....ultrasabers.com is a good place to get good mhs hilts at decent prices... thecustomsabershop.com is good for getting the mhs parts for your own deisgn of sorts and the have a hilt design maker you can use to design your own hilt with a variety parts that are premade
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:54 #58406

• meatloaf
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 10162
I would love to order a custom one, or build one. If someone could pm me with details that would be great
"In war, truth is the first casualty."
-Aeschylus

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr. Johnson

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 17:59 #58408

Here is a link, Meatloaf :

www.ultrasabers.com/
*Pasteur du TotJO/
Pastor of the TotJO

*Chevalier Jedi / Jedi Knight
*Évêque/Bishop, Ordained Minister of the TotJO

- Maître enseignant de Proteus, Darren & Roz
- Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 18:51 #58417

I highly recommend not to order at ultrasabers. While their hilts are excellent in durability and design, their blades are not and electronic parts are sometimes bend together instead of soldered. There is more quality lacks, I just point out the most obvious and not getting into the specific stuff like parts fixation or LED optics.

Re: First LED saber 30 Apr 2012 19:23 #58422

Thank you, Gisteron. I only recently discovered that site while looking for a gift for a friend.

Do you know a better location ? I am interested too, as my friend's birthday is in May.

Alexandre
*Pasteur du TotJO/
Pastor of the TotJO

*Chevalier Jedi / Jedi Knight
*Évêque/Bishop, Ordained Minister of the TotJO

- Maître enseignant de Proteus, Darren & Roz
- Apprentice du Maître et Évêque Damion Storm
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: Different people might get different things from questions, what is 'truth' is best described as whatever helps that person progress closer to moving forward in whatever areas of their life they seek improvement. Doesn't mean we have to ignore the facts in that process. So what if there is a proposition that is not factual but does help the person in the sense that you suggest? By your definition it would then still be truth. So while truth doesn't necessarily conflict with reality, it can, by your standard. Now do you yourself find that an appropriate standard? I suppose this comes down to semantics anyway. Surely there may potentially be partially beneficial things that are in conflict with reality, its just that I couldn't label them as "true" from that point on, because my definition of truth is one that does require conformity with reality.
    • My Philosophy of Life (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Jestor, Philosofer, I apologize in advance. I'm sure if you read on you will understand at least the motive behind the following rant addressed at scott. I realize it is still off-topic and I kindly ask that it not be deemed as a display of disrespect for the thread at hand. Thank you for your understanding. No, I'm sorry, I won't have it said that I am unwilling or incapable of changing my mind. I am a breathing, living and growing human being who has been both correct and incorrect in the past and had to and did change his mind over and over again both with witnesses on this very board and outside of it. Name me one piece of my reply that would display anything remotely contrary to that, and I shall concede that I'm a close-minded prick who just seeks fights for the fun of it. The only thing that makes you think that is that I dare to not see your flawless reasoning as you do. I do agree that it is pointless, since you "won't tell how you know", which sure raises the question of why you kindly posted in the first place if you don't care that anyone gives an excrement. Because I do care I hope to learn something but apparently since I'm not already with you on your pedistal it would somehow be beneath you to share your insights such that we ought climb towards you ourselves instead. Perhaps you have access to some information I have no access to. Perhaps you are more than the mere primate I and everybody else here is, and perhaps I am in no right to question anything you say and you are perfectly justified in smugly looking down at petty old inferior me. Now, look, you are free to be as arrogant and secretive as you like. If I had a kid and I wouldn't tell it that it ought not touch the hot stove, I would probably be a bad parent for not sharing my insights with somebody who quite clearly needs it (although the better analogy would be if the child asked me whether it could touch the stove and I'd say "I know the answer but you better find out yourself"), but I wouldn't be a criminal by any means unless I put its hand on that stove myself. Maybe in your world a good parent, friend or a good person in general wouldn't share such important information with his fellow people. I wouldn't understand, but then again, I am just another primate without your sources of knowledge, so I may be wrong in the end. But don't you ever dare again to imply I was intellectually dishonest and close-minded for that. I will have you talk to me in any tone of voice you deem appropriate (though I might not appreciate every single one), but there are things I will not have said about me and remain silent. For anyone interested, I recommend AronRa's 4th Foundational Falsehood video where, though criticizing a particular group, he illustrates the difference between belief and knowledge.
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • I've written my own book of shadows filled with information about herbs, incense, crystals, rituals, blessings, wood properties(for wands/staves), reiki, runes....it's currently 36 pages... Left out is anything pertaining to deities as I don't see anyone or anything as superior or inferior to me...
    • Connor is back (Last post by Brenna)
    • Urg. green with envy on all counts :S Its been almost two years since I was last in Europe and a teeny bit longer since I did residential intensives. sigh. Im glad you had such an awesome (and productive) time
    • This Week In Science (Last post by Khaos)
    • CAT PARASITE MODIFIED INTO AN EFFECTIVE CANCER VACCINE t has been estimated that a third of the world’s population is affected by Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that prefers living in feline intestines. While it produces no or mild symptoms for most people, it can be fatal for those who are seriously immunocompromised. Scientists have found a way to make the parasite’s actions work for good by reprogramming it to team up with the immune system to attack cancer cells. The research was conducted by David Bzik of Dartmouth University. "We know biologically this parasite has figured out how to stimulate the exact immune responses you want to fight cancer,” Bzik said in a press release. Cancer cells can disrupt the immune response for self-preservation purposes. In the presence of T. gondii, those responses are restored and the body will create cytotoxic T cells as well as natural killer cells in order to fight off infection, and these cells are also responsible for fighting cancer cells. Of course, it would be too risky to inject T. gondii into a cancer patient, researchers needed to find the best way to alter it. Prior research by Bzik indicated that while virulent strains of T. gondii attack cells on the surface, avirulent strains are actually ingested by phagocytes. Instead of getting digested, they will invade the cell from the inside and then continue to divide and spread once it has escaped the cell. This “trojan horse” approach was an attractive opportunity to modify the parasite in order to fight cancer more effectively. A gene that is critical to the parasite’s ability to self-replicate was removed, creating a safe version that can trigger the desired immune response without posing any threat of its own. Bzik and his colleague Barbara Fox have named it “cps.” "The biology of this organism is inherently different from other microbe-based immunotherapeutic strategies that typically just tickle immune cells from the outside," Fox explained. "By gaining preferential access to the inside of powerful innate immune cell types, our mutated strain of T. gondii reprograms the natural power of the immune system to clear tumor cells and cancer." Cps was injected into mice that had lethal forms of ovarian cancer and melanoma and resulted in high rates of survival. In the future, cps could be a very potent treatment or vaccine for cancer patients that could even be highly personalized. Cells would be taken from the patient and exposed to cps in vitro, creating the desired immune response. The cps-containing cells would then be returned to the patient to fight the cancer and could even provide immunity against recurrence of that cancer type. "Cps stimulates amazingly effective immunotherapy against cancers, superior to anything seen before," said Bzik. "The ability of cps to communicate in different and unique ways with the cancer and special cells of the immune system breaks the control that cancer has leveraged over the immune system.” Though the testing has gone well in the mice, human trials aren’t ready to begin. Researchers need to learn more about the mechanism that allows it to work so well in addition to identifying all molecular targets. Read more at www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/c...#suTwQL8KLkVC9GdQ.99
    • Sweden (Last post by AlexanderJ.W)
    • Hej tzb! Det låter spännande om det är något jag kan hjälpa dig med så är det bara att säga till. Må Kraften vara med dig
    • Rape Culture (Last post by ren)
    • It's the evil patriarchy man. We get to be dicks and women pussies. Coz you know, throughout history cats have been seen as disgusting worthless animals not deserving of any kind of attention and all. You know dem cats vandalized the pyramids with selfies in egypt? Filthy things. Now being named after male genitalia and the greatest politician ever Dick Nixon, that's just pure honour and glory.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • "Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world" - Lawrence G. Lovasik.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Open Sermons slots are every Wednesday ... :) Please continue writing and submitting us your sermons. Open Sermons are pretty much free-writing exercises on any topic one finds a 'message' in. And, as we know, found messages are often just as important as planned ones. Furthermore, they are open to everyone. :cheer:
    • Live Service - Saturday 26th July at 2000 UTC (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Transcript of Service : MCSH: Hello everyone and welcome to today's live service. (22:08:42) MCSH: To begin, please join me in meditating for one minute. (22:09:45) MCSH: Thank you all (22:09:56) MCSH: A Thousand Names (22:10:05) MCSH: Believing is in nature of every human being. Go and search for a tribe in middle of a jungle in Africa- surprise surprise they believe in something. (22:10:31) MCSH: "And no matter what they say, they cling to us in time of danger" - Quran (22:10:51) MCSH: This something could be a tree, a piece of stone or something like fire - although for most of us this is something we can’t see, yet we feel. (22:11:31) MCSH: The Pharaoh said:"Is this god of yours who I call Aten?" (22:11:37) Temple Bot: Proteus logs into the Chat. (22:11:47) MCSH: Joseph replied "He has a thousand names and each group calls her with a name of their own." (22:12:09) MCSH: I prefer to call him or her khoda - a name of my own language. Some call khoad IT, and some call IT, ALL. We Jedi, call ALL the Force. (22:13:30) MCSH: "Yes, a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force." - Yoda (22:14:03) MCSH: Of course, our strength flows from the Force for it is formed from and forms all living things, shapes and shaped from all living things. (22:14:26) MCSH: There is unity in our separation. We use different names yet we call the same thing - we pray, the same thing. (22:14:46) MCSH: “A sudden revelation came then to Moses. God's voice: “"You have separated me from one of my own. Did you come as a Prophet to unite, or to sever?......Ways of worship are not to be ranked as better or worse than another. Hindus do Hindu things. The Dravidian Muslims in India do what they do. It's all praise, and it's all right."”” - Rumi’s “Moses and Shepherd” (22:15:24) MCSH: No matter what, at the end, we all worship the same Force. Let’s unite by our similarities rather than separate by our differences. (22:15:50) MCSH: To conclude this service, please join me in meditating for another minute. (22:16:46) MCSH: Thank you all for attending and May the Force be with you. (22:17:01) Alexandre_Orion: And also with you ... (22:17:02) Edan: And also with you (22:17:07) Proteus: And also with you. (22:17:12) elizabeth: And with you (22:17:19) scott777ab: And also with you Saj. (22:17:20) tzb: And with you :) (22:17:29) Psyddhattha: and also with you (22:17:40) MCSH: This service is now concluded.
    • Quantum Mechanics != Magic (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Quote: Well, then I'm glad we are in agreement. I had a feeling you read the rest of the article, but for you or for others on a public forum to read, I don't think my post was a waste. Okay, I guess I read it too quickly because I interpreted it as a challenge, as if to suggest I hadn't read the article. Oh well, glad there's no argument here. We'd lose. :P

There are 268 visitors, 4 guests and 19 members online (2  are in chat): Octagon, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, Trose , Desolous, Gisteron, Proteus, Luthien, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, PatrickB, Thiddex, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kohadre, tzb, benedictveritas, Trice Corbel, TambelSadera.

Follow Us