To the Fatty on the Track

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #192883 by OB1Shinobi
A fitness enthusiast wrote this controversial message to an overweight runner at her local track

http://distractify.com/maia-star-mccann/to-the-fatty-running-on-the-track-this-afternoon/

"To the fatty running on the Westview track this afternoon: You, whose feet barely lift off the ground as you trudge around the track. You, who keeps the outside lane, footslogging in the wrong direction. You, who stops for water breaks every lap, and who would probably stop twice a lap if there were bleachers on both sides. You whose gaze drops to your feet everytime we pass. You, whose sweat drenches your body after you leave, completing only a single, 20-minute mile...
...There's something you should know: YOU ******* ROCK."

Every shallow step you take, you carry the weight of more than two of me, clinging to your bones, begging to be shaken off. Each lap you run, you’re paying off the debt of another midnight snack, another dessert, another beer. It’s 20 degrees outside, but you haven’t let that stop your regimen. This isn’t your first day out here, and it certainly won’t be your last. You’ve started a journey that lasts a lifetime, and you’ve started it at least 12 days before your New Year’s resolution kicks in. You run without music, and I can only imagine the mantras running through your mind as you heave your ever-shrinking mass around the next lap. Let’s go, feet. Shut up, legs. F**k off, fat. If you’d only look up from your feet the next time we pass, you’d see my gaze has no condescension in it. I have nothing but respect for you. You’ve got this."

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Edan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #192885 by OB1Shinobi
this has gotten some attention and i was wondering what people here think of it

i personally thought it was actually really cool - i understand (or belive) that the heart of it is to express respect and encouragement - solidarity

some view it as insulting

what do you think?

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192928 by
Replied by on topic To the Fatty on the Track
Personally, I love this. She takes the insults so many people sling and turns them into something positive and motivational. If someone said something like this to me, I would take it as a great compliment, which is obviously how it was meant.

Just my opinion, but if anyone was offended by this, they are LOOKING for something to be offended by.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192945 by
I'm not really sure how anyone can view this as insulting. Obviously people can take anything as insulting if they try hard enough, but you have really try with this one. Like Talariq said, they kind of take the normal insults and make them positives and more reasons why that person rocks. I say good job poster and especially good job fatty on the track.

Upon further thought, maybe people who found it insulting never made it past the title. Some are quick to judgment and wont read the whole thing before deciding what they think.

More
8 years 11 months ago #192989 by PatrickB
Replied by PatrickB on topic To the Fatty on the Track
What she observe on the track is true for fat people . I think really it's funny and they rock :evil:

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, OB1Shinobi

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 11 months ago #193034 by ren
Replied by ren on topic To the Fatty on the Track
I don't see what's so surprising about this. fatties know they're fatties, and everyone who made it to a human biology lesson in primary school knows it takes them 3 to 4 times the normal amount of energy just to keep their body weight, due to significantly higher energetic requirements of the simplest body functions like maintaining body temperature or breathing.

What's stupid about this message is it encourages fat people to run. Running is great for losing weight, even better if your goal is to get new hips and knees. Fat people should swim.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 11 months ago #193036 by OB1Shinobi
i agree that swimming is better than running

its better on your joints, it gives a more complete body workout, and the water pressure strenghtens your lungs better than air pressure

not to mention the cardio of just doing the motions is better even without the water pressure if your going at a clip

also, if you want to affect your weight you really need to understand calories and carbs

yay google!

imo body weight exercizes are better than weights overall

BUT

muscle burns calories

and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn

therefore

any activity which gives you measurable gains in muscle mass will help you to lose fat

and for this purpose free weights are proven to be very very effective, especiallyif youre new to working out (you get the quickest gains when your body isnt used to the effort)

so yeah, learn about calories and carbs, go swiming and lift some weights!

dancing is really really good too because it burns a lot of calories, gets you fit, and is really fun and attractive to people whatever your gender or orientation

People are complicated.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #193051 by OB1Shinobi
then again

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-many-calories-does-muscle-really-burn-and-why-its-not-about-calories-anyway/#axzz3b51pX97T

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/does-building-muscle-burn-fat/

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 11 months ago #193078 by ren
Replied by ren on topic To the Fatty on the Track
I'm not sure about that whole "water presssure is good for lungs" thing, especially since water isn't really supposed to enter lungs, and most people swim at surface level....

Muscles don't burn many calories compared to brains. Maybe that's why nerds tend to be skinny :P

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #193083 by

ren wrote: I'm not sure about that whole "water presssure is good for lungs" thing, especially since water isn't really supposed to enter lungs, and most people swim at surface level....

Muscles don't burn many calories compared to brains. Maybe that's why nerds tend to be skinny :P

I had it ones, and one time almost during a holiday at the Mediterranean sea. Nothing funny about that indeed. More muscles will give you more capability of burning fat. But the funny part is what to do not, due to the fact that people are drinking shakes and running there hart out of their body. Doing a program that you can do over a long period of time is the only true solution. Everything else is only temporarily. It amazes me how good we are at being fooled.
At young age people devolop fat cells, so if a person is fat at young age, he will have more trouble to be slim at old age, due to the cell memory for storage of fat.

I recommend using simple baking soda in your normal drinking water when going out sporting. It helps against high blood pressure, illness, pain in the head, muscle acidification, to make you teeth natural white.. and so much more. It is a natural substance that can be found in open nature as well as in the kidneys. Hospitals use it to let you recover after a operation. To get the medicines out your body. It is used to bring balance in your body, and sporting as an obese person gives much risk. Using it could help in the process.

Fat cells:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=5057956

Baking Soda:
http://www.naturallivingideas.com/24-baking-soda-uses/
http://www.acidalkalinediet.net/acidosis-the-kiss-of-death.php
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi