Quantum theory proves what??

More
9 years 8 months ago #156626 by Zenchi
Was thinking of just posting this one on the wall, but I am not entirely sure I agree with it, so ill let everyone interested chew on it and make up their own opinions...
http://earthweareone.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Amaya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #156632 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Quantum theory proves what??
I have several pdf books on biocentrism...

The article brought 2 movies to mind...first was dune (in regards to expanding consciousness) second was "the one" (in regards to a single consciousness existing in multiple universes and merging each time one body died)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
9 years 8 months ago #156635 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Quantum theory proves what??
Right, that movie with Jet kicked, the thought that there is perhaps more than one "me" is a bit scary though...lol.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156639 by
Replied by on topic Quantum theory proves what??
Out of all the cool theories I have heard, the multiverse is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIFALPsI6AM
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156653 by Gisteron
So I have read Lanza's book and responded at length to it in my journal, so I shall quote from a backup of it, where in the conclusion of the post I wrote:

... Biocentrism is a beautiful idea, and the ethical and spiritual [sic] values one could draw from it might be to some degree helpful in a quest for happiness. It would be however wrong to consider Biocentrism scientific for it is not. That doesn't exclude the possibility of its truthfullness; indeed, there might be more scientific support for the idea of Biocentrism than Robert Lanza presented in his book...

Brothers and sisters, be mindful of news article putting words into people's mouths. Keep in mind that when on the one side people will claim that science proves their bollocks pet "theory", the same people will on any other day say that science is outside the realm of what their "theory" talks about the moment you point out how science says nothing of the sort.

Scientific literature is papers in journals, not in popular science books where medics talk about physics (and claiming it as part of the ultimate science that is biology right next to engineers who will claim biology as part of the ultimate science that is physics), and even less on sensationalist web blogs promoting those outrageous ideas openly alongside anti-vaccination propaganda, aliens-among-us and New World Order conspiracy theories (yes, just check the website again).

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 8 months ago #156674 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Quantum theory proves what??
This:

...it’s possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul.

means something a bit different to this:

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

(boldness mine)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156736 by

This account of quantum consciousness explains things like near-death experiences, astral projection, out of body experiences, and even reincarnation without needing to appeal to religious ideology. The energy of your consciousness potentially gets recycled back into a different body at some point, and in the mean time it exists outside of the physical body on some other level of reality, and possibly in another universe.

Very Very Very COOL! I'm good with this.

We once thought the earth was the center of the universe and the earth was flat.

What will we find out over the next 10, 20, 50, 100 years?!!!!!

We are all connected, everything is connected? Everything is enegy?

:)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156740 by
I remember when "What the bleep-Down the rabbit hole" was made.

Many of the scientists on there complained about being taken out of context, only parts of there words given in the interviews, etc.

I am good with what alot of people say, stuff can sure sound good, but thats not what science is about.

Again, something I will have to ultimately reserve judgement for until I can get some more information.

The claims are great, but there is no real proof, its just another interesting theory.

One of many in regards to consciousness.

I think its interesting that people can so readily get on board with life in some way after death.

Yet, what if, in the future, in 10,20,50,100, years,we find out thats not the case?

What if people start "proving" that it isnt?

Its easy to get on board with ideas that you want to readily agree with, but thats hardly good science.

As for being energy, and connected to the universe atomically, that in no way supports active consciousness.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156742 by

Khaos wrote: What if people start "proving" that it isnt?.

Cool I hope I'm around to find out. I'm not ready for dispersal.

Atoms are soooo limiting....think smaller and finer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156746 by
I doubt any real scientist would make the claim of disproving such a thing.

At least not without alot of evidence to back it up.

Which was my point, it seems people only make the scientific claim one way....

Which is ultimately, as I see it , wishful thinking.

Also, think as small and as fine as you want(We can go deeper if you would like), but just as you cannot fit God in those gaps, neither can you fit consciousness just because you want it there.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi