The Gallon Challenge

More
9 years 9 months ago #154039 by Alethea Thompson
Can you take a full on bath with one gallon of water? Nathan and I just did this and managed to make it less than a gallon (even got all of my hair washed- he beat me barely, and honestly I think it's because of his LACK of hair)?

It was a contest because: WHY NOT?!

I got the idea from basic when we were taught how to do a Sea Shower. The idea behind it is to use as little water as possible because the water on a cutter is limited and everyone on the boat has to use it for a number of reasons (drinking water, cooking, showers, toilets, etc). So my challenge to you- can you do the same?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 9 months ago #154041 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic The Gallon Challenge
As a former squid (ex navy) I can proudly say...yes, yes I can and have....I'll see that and raise you by asking if anyone can wipe with a single sheet of toilet paper, explain the term "going commando" and what purpose it serves....our other military brothers/sisters should all (or most all) be able to answer :P

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #154043 by
Replied by on topic The Gallon Challenge
I can and have. It is amazing how little one can use to do what is needed. :)

RyuJin wrote: I'll see that and raise you by asking if anyone can wipe with a single sheet of toilet paper...

... Yes, but I prefer not doing that. >.> *shudders*

RyuJin wrote: ...explain the term "going commando" and what purpose it serves...

I like my bits and bob not flopping around while in uniform, thank you.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 9 months ago #154044 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic The Gallon Challenge
:laugh: I agree the single sheet is very shudder worthy...

Forgot to mention that going commando is tied to blousing bdu's at the ankle...another shudder worthy endeavor :lol:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #154046 by
Is the single sheet method where you tear a hole in the middle and keep that bit for cleaning your nail afterwards? :ohmy:

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #154074 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic The Gallon Challenge
Im not exactly high maintenance, but everything about this thread is grossing me out. :S

and making me feel like I need a bubble bath. :lol:

RyuJin wrote: Forgot to mention that going commando is tied to blousing bdu's at the ankle...

And this... im actually too afraid to even ask.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #154085 by
Like this but at the ankles, is what he means. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #154091 by
One sheet of toilet paper?

That's not even enough to blow my nose much less...I can't even finish the thought.

(Back to the gallon of water.)

I've done that many times while camping (I.e sponge bath) but I wouldn't want to regularly bathe that way. Still, that's good water conservation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #154102 by
I used to practice the waterless shower when I would go backpacking as a Boy Scout. It usually just resulted in a really smelly kid after a week. :) I did discover that wet naps or baby wipes can be very effective if you don't have a lot of water to use.

I've also "gone commando" to save space and weight in my backpack. It does require a closer inspection of pants you choose to wear as some have very treacherous zippers :ohmy:

And on a side note... when I read the title of this post I immediately assumed it was about trying to drink an entire gallon of milk in one sitting. If this has you contemplating... don't. :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #154112 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic The Gallon Challenge
Both times I deployed we were restricted to "Combat Showers". I've heard that refered to as using baby wipes but in this instance it was about turning the shower off between wetting yourself down. But I've gotta say, besides sidewalks, long showers and baths were right at the top of my list of things I miss while deployed....and on top of my list now that I'm pregnant XD

Blousing at the ankle is a new one on me though. I prefer to tuck my ABUs into my boots anyways now that it's permitted.

I thought this was going to be the milk challange too hahahaha. That's one I won't try...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi