Luca's Music

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #339769 by
Replied by on topic Luca's Music
I hope it's not something too difficult or badly written! But if you can play Dvorak you can surely play my music without any problem, I will upload the midi mockup audio on this reply, tomorrow evening I'll send you the cello and piano parts!
I'd gladly write you some 5-strings cello works, no money asked! Since I'm still a student and not a fully fledged composer I don't think it's fair to ask for money!
But I'd really like to write for such a wonderful instrument!

Attachment MemoryofaDream.mp3 not found

I think it's a nice tune, let me know what you think!

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #339770 by fencingcellist
Replied by fencingcellist on topic Luca's Music
Absolutely beautiful! I encourage anyone else here to listen, too.

As for being a student - you are already a composer even if in some circles you are still a student. It is good to be a life-long student, even if we earn degrees or other official qualifications. Enjoy being a student! I am grateful for your generosity, but perhaps you could consider making a Patreon page or something to get fans to help you along the way. Your music is beautiful.

I know some students who are far better performers than I am - yet I hold a Master's in performance. It is the way of things. No matter how good you are at performance, there is always someone better. This used to make me upset. Now it makes me happy, because I know the tradition will continue, and future audiences have great things they will hear.

So we can talk about baby cello music later. I would be honored to have a piece written by you for me to play. One of my old composer friends just had a cello piece published - one he wrote for me. I have been extremely fortunate to have three composers write for me so far. One was the composer in residence at Oxford! (He was an amazing man - he studied with Messiaen!)

In the meantime, I will try this piece. I know just where I can perform it, with your permission. I look forward to getting the sheet music. No rush, though. I won't see this other pianist until early July since he lives in a different town. However, I'm anxious to try it, even without the piano part. And - I hope you don't mind my saying this - it is gorgeous, but I so wanted some accompanimental pizzicato for some of the arpeggiated sections in the piano. Something along the lines of this version of Faure's Sicilienne, particularly around minute 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEqATIaGJw Basically, your piece is so good, I wanted more to do as the cellist. ;-)

I'm glad to meet you here! :-)

Keep writing your beautiful music!

fencingcellist
"Perfection in art, justice in life." - Colonel Georges Picquart
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by fencingcellist.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #339771 by
Thank you so so so much!
I thought some time ago about opening up a Patreon page, but since I'm not so much known around I prefer to wait a little, write the best music I can, and get known a little bit more.
Regarding the performance ability, I think that in the end what matters most in the music is the interpretation you give to the piece, both as a composer and as a performer.
The technique can always improve over time, I think it is the passion the performer and the composer puts in the music is what matters the most.
"to play without passion, unforgivable!".

I have a lot of friends who compose better pieces than I do, but I'm still satisfied now since I made a vow to myself, to always compose with everything I've got.
In the end, I think it can be heard through my music this vow of mine.

Again, thank you so so so so much! I hope to hear it played by you and your pianist friend!
You made me so happy I can't thank you enough!!

(and I will also write the best music I can for your 5-strings cello u.u)

P. S. I didn't think about a pizzicato part, actually it could sound nice! In the next piece I will composer for piano and cello, or solo cello, I will write a wonderful pizzicato part!
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by .

More
4 years 8 months ago #339772 by fencingcellist
Thank YOU for sharing your music! I look forward to playing it - and look forward to the music for my baby cello. :-) Pizzicato or no pizzicato - I'm sure it will be great.

What a great day! I love hearing new music and meeting great composers!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

fencingcellist

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #339811 by
I'm trying as hard as I can to stop thanking you!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll attach here the piano and cello parts!
Again, thank you very very very much!

May the Force be with You, my friend!

Attachment MemoryofaDream-Violoncello.pdf not found

Attachment MemoryofaDream-FullScore.pdf not found

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
4 years 8 months ago #339820 by fencingcellist
Thank you so much!
I just reached out to the pianist - before I saw you'd posted the sheet music. :-) I will see him at the beginning of July for a show and will talk to him then.

I will keep you posted. My string quartet's next rehearsal is Friday, and I told them about your piece. Again, I'll keep you posted. We might not have enough rehearsal time this week as we are starting a new (to our ensemble) Beethoven quartet - but fingers crossed. I've attempted to add it to the rehearsal list, but I am the junior member, so I don't always get what I want.

More news soon, I hope AND - another piece written for me was just published!!! Not sure I can add the cover image here, but I'll post it somewhere. This is a very exciting time.

Again! Thank you! May the Force be with You, too, my friend!

fencingcellist

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #339874 by
Thank you so so much!
I hope to hear more from you, about the quartet and the Cello&Piano piece!
Again thank you so much!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #339875 by
New piece!

It's a Walts for solo piano, the n°4 of my Op. 5.
I hope you like it, I took inspiration from the style of Chopin for this one!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340101 by
Another song!

This time, the first movement for my String Quartet Op. 13 in A minor!
I hope you'll like it!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #342727 by
Another song!
This time, it's a movie scoring exercise. I've rescored the Episode 9 teaser trailer with my own music, let me know what you think about it!

https://youtu.be/DT1Kvm8MF6w