• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
16 years 6 months ago #9085 by Garm
I found this at the Ashlaknights site and thought to share it here. I did check out NASA's web sight to confirm, no need, Master Thompson has always been reliable. It's very interesting to say the least.

\"High resolution observations of Saturn's radio emissions have just been made public by NASA; these observations were made with the radio and plasma wave instrument aboard the Cassini spacecraft.

The short sound sample released on NASA's website was compressed, so the twenty-seven minute recording plays back in just seventy-three seconds. The frequencies of these emissions are outside the human audio frequency range and have been shifted downward by a factor of 44 (see diagram at right).

Take a moment to go to NASA's Saturn radio emissions page; select the \"click here\" link at the start of the article on their page to listen to the short sound clip. \"

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/saturn/audio/pia07966-112203.wav

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9086 by
Replied by on topic Re:Radio emissions from Saturn
that was freakin' awesome. to hear a sound from a planet billions of miles away, SOOOOOO COOL!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9087 by
after i am done with anthropology and theology i am going to look into cosmology and physic, maybe quantum. i have a wide variety of interests.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9093 by
That was pretty cool, now we know what saturn sounds like :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9099 by
That is pretty amazing. And Anora if you are going into the field of quantum mechanics, then be prepared. I am reading several books on the subject, and whatever you hold true at the moment about how the world works (more accurate to say how it could possibly work if theories are proved right which they can't be because experimentalists have not yet caught up with theoretical theories because the technology is not good enough to prove them) then forget about it because it is weird! and whatever you learned in school about atoms or what have you is not wrong but pathetically simple and tedious (notice my suffering lol).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9101 by
LOL, you have no idea how much i have been blown away by just watching some shows on discovery and national geographics, trust me, i am ready for anything they throw at me, but it's not going to be for a long while.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9103 by
I thought I heard on CNN a few weeks ago that we had found another universe like ours. It has a yellow sun of the same class, and 5 million planets circling it. What are the chances of one of them being able to support life?

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
16 years 6 months ago #9104 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Radio emissions from Saturn
:blink:

I have always thought that we cannot be the only life in all of existance.

Has anyone read \"Secret Life\" by David Jacobs, PH.D.?

It is about firsthand accounts of UFO abductions. Over 300 documented interviews and hypnotic regression sessions. The thing I find most interesting is that these accounts happened all over the globe but they corroborate each other with common characteristics.

Not reccomended to everyone, my wife cannot read this book without having horrible nightmares, and she likes ghosts, hauntings and that sort of thing. She has never finished it.

As the X-files said:

The truth is out there.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9115 by
I hate to disappointed you Kieran, but it was not a universe. It was a solar system (sorry if i am being annoying by correcting you but it must be said). Although if another universe was discovered it would be the largest ever discovery by mankind. But yes there was another solar system discovered, and yes it is very similar to ours. So there a chance that life does exist. Also it is possible that small cellular life forms live on asteroids in our own solar system, by absorbing energy from the cosmic radiation!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9176 by
Nevertheless you shouldn't forget that the chances of a similar developed species like ours are very small .. and if existing, the fact they haven't contacted us yet prooves their intelligence ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi