• Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 11 months ago #31575 by RyuJin
hold a grudge much? was created by RyuJin
while at work i saw an article in the paper about isreal easing up on their blockade of the gaza strip...and it got me to thinking.

isreal is a jewish country

palestine is a jewish city state

they're both jewish, so what exactly are they fighting about?...and isn't 2000 years a bit of a long duration to be holding a grudge over a patch of dirt?

it reminds me of an episode of dr. who(one of my favorite scifi channel shows) he lands on a world with 2 warring races....they were fighting for generations and yet on neither side was anyone living that remembered what they were originally fighting about...in the end they make peace and the dr's daughter leaves for her own adventures....

it only took the dr. a single episode to end the grudge that lasted generations....and yet isreal and palestine couldn't pull it off in 2000 years....sad....long winded rant cut short...life is way too short to hold grudges, just let it go and move on.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31576 by
Replied by on topic Re:hold a grudge much?
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Palestine controlled by Hamas, an Islamic extremist organisation? Therefore the fighting is between Muslims and Jews?

It always amazes me how Abrahamic groups fight amongst themselves when they have so much in common. It's another example of human interpretation of the Force causing conflict instead of peace.

In that Dr. Who episode (proud fan since the early 80s!!), the fighting had actually only been going on for a couple of days (the generations being produced en masse through cloning), but the feelings on both sides were still so fraught that even in a moment of peace and hope for the future, one \"general\" still tried to kill - perhaps it's the same here in that some people have grown up fighting their whole lives and that's the only thing they know how to do.

MTFBWY

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 11 months ago #31578 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:hold a grudge much?
One of my favorite quotes:

\"Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough to instill tolerance?\"

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
13 years 11 months ago #31579 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:hold a grudge much?
the conflict in gaza strip was only 3 weeks

its a freaking stupid war, where Palestinians, start using missiles, and give excuses to the war.

as far as i know, both do it wrong, due they attack non military targets

the numbers at the end were also stupid, 1200 down in Palestine and 15 Israelites down

why, because a piece of land, cause = because they grow with big differences, and religion make it die for the difference

they don't know about the force, when religion make it go war, you are blind, you don't think by yourself

-the main point is Jewish lose everything, is the first nation without a country, and because that, they try to recover land, NO MATTER WHAT, and rebuild it from scratch,

- the force exist always, but if you don't believe in that, you are not gonna see it.
\

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 11 months ago #31594 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:hold a grudge much?
Mark Anjuu wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Palestine controlled by Hamas, an Islamic extremist organisation? Therefore the fighting is between Muslims and Jews?

could be, i just keep hearing about palestinian jews, either way i know both groups have equal claims on the area, you would think they would have settled things centuries ago...

It always amazes me how Abrahamic groups fight amongst themselves when they have so much in common. It's another example of human interpretation of the Force causing conflict instead of peace.

quite true

In that Dr. Who episode (proud fan since the early 80s!!), the fighting had actually only been going on for a couple of days (the generations being produced en masse through cloning), but the feelings on both sides were still so fraught that even in a moment of peace and hope for the future, one \"general\" still tried to kill - perhaps it's the same here in that some people have grown up fighting their whole lives and that's the only thing they know how to do.

MTFBWY

it was like a week i think...just shows all it takes is one person not to let go in order to cause generations of suffering....the dr. always picked some good looking assistants...with the exception of his last one(donna)...

jester wrote:

\"Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough to instill tolerance?\"

very good question....one that hasn't been answered successfully in thousands of years

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31597 by
Just think how many lives have been lost over the millenia fighting for Jerusalem. Madness!

As for the Doctor's assistants being beautiful, how do you account for Mel or Ace?! Lol

MTFBWY

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 11 months ago #31600 by RyuJin
i must have missed some episodes...the only ones i remember are his first one (played by billie piper)though atm i can't remember the characters name, then the second one,dr.martha(played by freema johnson...i think that was her last name but not sure)then the third one i seen was donna(don't know who played her but she was a bit homely looking)....i vaguely remember the original series, even though me and my dad used to watch it all the time...the series i was referencing was the newer one that started with christopher ecclestein as the dr. and later replaced by david tenent(who also happened to play barty crouch jr. in the goblet of fire)

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31601 by
Ah yes, i'm going back a few years to the classic series! Have you not had the new series with Matt Smith yet? Another totally different Doctor - less angsty, more “mad profeessor“! Oh, and it's Freema Agyeman and she's lovely in real life too - I saw her at London Pride a few years ago.

MTFBWY

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 11 months ago #31602 by RyuJin
sci fi channel stopped airing the show...yes...freema is veddy veddy good looking...makes me wanna skip across the pond to meet her :P

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31604 by
If only she was still in New York working for UNIT... ;-)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi