interesting theory

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28713 by
interesting theory was created by
hey all,

I got to spend today with a friend I hadn't seen in over a year and I was telling him about the temple and some of the baics of what I've been learning. My friend is very open-minded so I felt safe in doing so and as I expected he was very supportive. Eventually, the conversation turned to a belief he has that I had never heard before. Basically, the belief boiled down to all the gods and goddesses of different faiths being angels(he comes from a predominately christian background) and that when they claimed to be gods and goddesses what they was claiming was being in unison with God and we misunderstood what they were claiming. I found this idea interesting so I figured I would post it and ask if anyone had heard of something similar.Like always any comments are appreciated....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 months ago #28715 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:interesting theory
definately an interesting theory...i firmly believe that all myths and legends are based on some sort of reality...they however grow and change over the centuries and across cultures....another theory could be that they were saintly people claiming a deeper connection to god/gaia and were misunderstood...language is a tricky thing

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
14 years 2 months ago #28718 by Alethea Thompson
It is a very tricky thing.

Of course, if some of those angels claimed \"godhood\" (as per your friends definition)-would it not be just as sound to suggest that demons did the same or are the very entities which claimed \"godhood\" to humans?

The fallen angels were a very tricky set. The Nephilium seemed like they were doing the human race a favor, if you look at what they were teaching man (see the Book of Enoch). Language is tricky, but so are history and truth. The fallen angels are just that-entities that were once Angels of God before they fell from His grace.

Luke: How did my father die?

Obi-Wan: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

Luke: Obi-Wan! Why didn't you tell me?! You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father!

Obi-wan: Your father was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view.

Luke: [incredulously] A certain point of view?

Obi-Wan: Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Anakin was a good friend. When I first knew him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28720 by
Replied by on topic Re:interesting theory
thanks for the reply...definitely some food for thought and I liked how you related it to Luke and the conversation bout his father...

More
14 years 2 months ago #28780 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re:interesting theory
I think the concept of angels as a whole is very interesting.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31769 by
Replied by on topic Re:interesting theory
Having been brought up in a Christian household, I was taught about Angels since I was very young. I always wondered as I got older just what they could be, actual supernatural beings or just ancient myths. There is story after story of these 'beings' or 'gods' or 'angels' with 'fire swords' across the world.
Being a avid reader I have always been fascinated with all of the myth expos and such. But what I have been reading lately is \"Fingerprints of the Gods' and the author goes on stating that his belief is that a higher civilization existed at the time of the last ice ages and when the glaciers melted it caused the 'great flood', wiping them out. He also tells of repeadly similar legends across Central and South America of pale skinned and bearded men who came from across the seas with 'helpers'. They were revered as 'gods' and had weapons described as 'serpent of fire', they spread civilization and laws. (that is why they fell prey to the Conquistadors, they thought they returned). So, these 'Angels', could they be actual supernatural forms or merely beings(refugees) of an advanced prior civilization that was decimated?
Then again, there could be some mix of both. I'm just an Enquiring mind, I'd like to know.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 10 months ago #31772 by RyuJin
atlantis, the proposed description of it's culture would match that description of people(pale skinned, bearded)and pretty much every culture has a myth similar to atlantis....another proposed description of it was that it had an advanced civilization

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

More
13 years 10 months ago #31774 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re:interesting theory
One of the books I read was \"Chariots of the Gods\" as part of my training here in it it talks about what we call \"Gods\" might be travelers from a more advanced planet that traveled here to visit and bred with locals to advance the culture and evolution.

Another theory that goes along with the original post is that all the different gods in all the different religions are actually the SAME God but called something different. Suppose it to say that in looking at different religions and seeing that for the most part each religion stemed from relatively different cultures and languages so if we have different words for something as simple as a tree it is logical to me that there would be different words for God. Also just as we all have our own oppinion and views of the same event based on our past so to does each religion spin the same stories to their own desires.

I believe it was in the additional recording with Lucas in Exercise 4 in the initiates program,it tells about how when Star Wars came out all the different religions were spinning it as to how it related to their own church. This again says \"Same story different view\"

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 10 months ago #31776 by RyuJin
yep, it's like when 100 different people see the same accident. if you interview each one seperately you will get 100 different accounts of the exact same event, each told from a different perspective/point of view....or to put it more plainly using a movie quote:\" many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view\"

Quotes:

More
13 years 10 months ago #31886 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:interesting theory
in a rush:

so Christiane based theory...

Angels? what are this?

why he think they respond to a mayor boss

the angels are good or bad?, they are humans?, where are they? where they live, from where they come?

Prior civilizations? no remains of it?..... any?

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi